Would you support the NBA shortening the length of games to 40 minutes?

brucedeng22
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Would you support the NBA shortening the length of games 

Post#21 » by brucedeng22 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:27 pm

inquisitive wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
inquisitive wrote:what they should do is shorten the regular season to 60 games.

They'll never do that. Think $$$.

True. They can change the playoffs to last longer by having the top 10 teams ....in other words, fans want to see more playoff games than regular season games.

They cant.......... 10 teams, meaning 5 teams for the second round, so do the math correctly before suggesting
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,861

Post#22 » by inquisitive » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 am

brucedeng22 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
They'll never do that. Think $$$.

True. They can change the playoffs to last longer by having the top 10 teams ....in other words, fans want to see more playoff games than regular season games.

They cant.......... 10 teams, meaning 5 teams for the second round, so do the math correctly before suggesting

Well, expanding the playoffs then with more teams...that was my point....less regular season games and more playoff games then what we have now.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#23 » by PDX_DL0 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Shorten the season and allow for proper spacing of games to reduce injury. I hate seeing teams play 4 games in 5 nights. Its why Football games are more meaningful and exciting. Allow the fans to get excited for the upcoming games and give a chance for coaches shine with proper game planning. We all know we really only care about bball coming playoff time anyway.
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#24 » by Rock Hardy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:32 pm

The concept of addition by subtraction is really, really stupid for sports. If you actually enjoy a sport, why would you ever want less of it? That goes for fewer minutes or fewer games. There is nothing good about either idea. The voters agree too. Terrible poll.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,631

Post#25 » by HornetJail » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Shorten the season to about 65-70 games. The lockout season wasn't too short, in my opinion. I say hell no to a 40 minute game, because most stars can play 40 minutes night in and night out. I'd like to see the 2nd unit have more of an impact, not less.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Polls Discussion