Post#2 » by Sn0wman » Wed Jun 4, 2014 12:47 am

Timothy Duncan! GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,821

Re: Which player will win Finals MVP? 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 4, 2014 2:51 pm

Weird that over 60% think the Spurs will win but most people think LeBron will win.

But then again, maybe it's not so weird since 58% picked a Spur to win...just happened to be spread across four players.

I could see Ginobili having the most big game moments for the Spurs, and Leonard being the most important by guarding LeBron and doing a lot of the little things, but Duncan simply winning it because the media always go with some sort of good story...the storied MVP for Duncan's last championship. But of course they could be back again.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#4 » by CHAMPi0N » Wed Jun 4, 2014 4:09 pm

Vintage Duncan finals performance in T-minus 33 hours...
star_bury
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#5 » by star_bury » Thu Jun 5, 2014 4:21 pm

Also weird that they wrote "Lebron" while everyone else got surnames. Did they think I might get confused with Damion James of the Spurs who hasn't played in the play-offs....YET!
Themistocles
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Themistocles » Thu Jun 5, 2014 5:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Weird that over 60% think the Spurs will win but most people think LeBron will win.

But then again, maybe it's not so weird since 58% picked a Spur to win...just happened to be spread across four players.

I could see Ginobili having the most big game moments for the Spurs, and Leonard being the most important by guarding LeBron and doing a lot of the little things, but Duncan simply winning it because the media always go with some sort of good story...the storied MVP for Duncan's last championship. But of course they could be back again.

Yea that was my logic as well. If the Heat win, then it's definitely Lebron, whereas if the Spurs win, it could be Duncan, Parker or Leonard (among others)
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,576

Post#7 » by dautjazz » Thu Jun 5, 2014 7:46 pm

star_bury wrote:Also weird that they wrote "Lebron" while everyone else got surnames. Did they think I might get confused with Damion James of the Spurs who hasn't played in the play-offs....YET!

Not weird at all. Same is done with Kobe and Shaq (short for Shaquille). Such unique names that they can be used all the time and you will always know who someone is referring to. Same with Manu (short for Emanuel) it's done often, but probably not as often.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Mystereevan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Mystereevan » Fri Jun 6, 2014 7:49 pm

I wonder who the people that voted "Other" think the MVP will be? The ONLY other person that could potentially get some cred is Diaw, who has been vital, but even then that's a big leap to put him over Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and Leonard...
WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#9 » by WizardsWorld » Sat Jun 7, 2014 5:18 am

star_bury wrote:Also weird that they wrote "Lebron" while everyone else got surnames. Did they think I might get confused with Damion James of the Spurs who hasn't played in the play-offs....YET!

No its not.... cuz the NBA and basketball media think he should get that special treatment over all those other inferior players. I mean heaven forbid they put James to put him on the level of everyone else. :nonono:
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,576

Post#10 » by dautjazz » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:53 pm

WizardsWorld wrote:

No its not.... cuz the NBA and basketball media think he should get that special treatment over all those other inferior players. I mean heaven forbid they put James to put him on the level of everyone else. :nonono:

Seriously? Has the hate reached this level?
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#11 » by kf96 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Leonard

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Return to Polls Discussion