Which player will have the better NBA career?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which player will have the better NBA career? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:18 pm

1. Klay Thompson
2. Andrew Wiggins
RxOxP
Junior
And1: 114

Re: Which player will have the better NBA career? 

Post#2 » by RxOxP » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:47 am

Is this for real... this is taking hype to a whole new level. Just relax. :nonono:
ImageRaptors Fan For Life Image
theclizzle
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by theclizzle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:42 pm

For real .. these are the two most random players to compare ha
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#4 » by Ring_Me » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:46 pm

They misspelled Jabari Parker so majority went with Andrew Wiggins.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
hardensoul
Freshman

Post#5 » by hardensoul » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:29 pm

theclizzle wrote:For real .. these are the two most random players to compare ha

It's mainly to compare the key components of the Kevin Love trade offers from GSW and CLE.
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#6 » by Flight33 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Is this a joke? Andrew Wiggins may be better than Thompson right now.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#7 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:39 pm

I voted for wiggins because I feel its the smart n right choice but right now klay is the better player and could end up becoming better in the future. who knows how much klay can add to his game in the next 2 years. he could be better then steph. but I see a very good player in wiggins in the next 5 years
DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Post#8 » by DrClutch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:58 pm

really? Wiggins hasnt proven anything right now.... KT can play D, hit shots and attack the basket[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPYbMx_MD4[/youtube]
WhatsNext
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by WhatsNext » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:29 pm

DrClutch wrote:really? Wiggins hasnt proven anything right now.... KT can play D, hit shots and attack the basket[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPYbMx_MD4[/youtube]

I totally Agree
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#10 » by ybnd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:46 am

Klay Thompson is so overrated...this is an obvious answer...Thompson is a good NBA player Wiggins will be a superstar
knicksup19
Pro Prospect
And1: 200

Post#11 » by knicksup19 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:12 am

wiggins clearly klay is better now but wiggins is a consistent jump shot away from being leaps and bounds over klay.

wiggins is probably better in every facet expect shooting which he will never be as good but basketball is way more than just shooting
ImageThe big three in the House!!! LOL]
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#12 » by Ganji » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:24 am

I see Klay as Ray Allen 2.0 with better defense.
Wiggins is more like Josh Smith 2.0, freak athlete and ???
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,092

Post#13 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Ganji wrote:I see Klay as Ray Allen 2.0 with better defense.

This has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard.
You think Klay is gonna be a 10+ time All Star?
You think he's gonna be shattering records?
You think he's gonna be a future HOF'er?

Ray at this stage was the better shooter, was more athletic, etc.

Wiggins is a freak athlete, an excellent defender, and just needs to improve his shooting and dribbling a bit.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#14 » by Ganji » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:32 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Ganji wrote:I see Klay as Ray Allen 2.0 with better defense.

This has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard.
You think Klay is gonna be a 10+ time All Star?
You think he's gonna be shattering records?
You think he's gonna be a future HOF'er?

Ray at this stage was the better shooter, was more athletic, etc.

Wiggins is a freak athlete, an excellent defender, and just needs to improve his shooting and dribbling a bit.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... pkl01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... nra02.html

His shooting the 3ball better then Ray did at his age. Only thing that might Klay back, is that warriors have a ton offense, and they won't just run everything trough him, like they did with Allen back in the days. Will he make all star teams? some maybe (not until Kobe retires), they did not pick Curry either, the whole all star voting is biased.
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#15 » by phenith » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:42 pm

If Wiggins only ends up being AS GOOD as Klay he will probably be viewed as a dissapointment. Klay has clearly established himself as a solid NBA guard but he isn't a superstar and most likely won't get there... Wiggins has a chance.

It is the potential player over established player debate that happens every year before the season starts. The big bonus for Wiggins is that if he were to stay in Cleavland, there would be little to no pressure to be a star right away and he will learn from one of the best players in the league. If he goes to Minny, he will be asked to do a lot more and who knows what will happen, he could establish himself as a star right away or struggle... or somewhere in between.

It's hard to pick an unestablished rookie over an established young gun who still has room to improve, but this comparison has to tilt towards Wiggins in most scenarios.
goldrodd
Banned User

Post#16 » by goldrodd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

i vote Klay because he at a all=star level now.Wiggins is going to have a learning curve In 2 years maybe Wiggins will pass Klay. The Warriors refuse to.trade Klay but the Cabs are willing to trade Wiggins what does that tell you.
smeagolheart
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#17 » by smeagolheart » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 pm

goldrodd wrote:i vote Klay because he at a all=star level now.Wiggins is going to have a learning curve In 2 years maybe Wiggins will pass Klay. The Warriors refuse to.trade Klay but the Cabs are willing to trade Wiggins what does that tell you.

Klay made the all star team? No?
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#18 » by totalrekall » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 pm

this just goes to show how powerful hype is. Klay is one of the best shooters in the league and best perimeter defenders. has improved every season and is only entering 4th season. Klay is already one of the best two way players in the league but no one seems to know it bc he's a quiet assassin

I can see Wiggins has incredible athletic gifts but he also is a loooooong way away from becoming a polished player. Wiggins can jump real high and has a lot of length so theres a ton of potential. the downside is he needs to learn all the fundamentals of the game. he has to learn to shoot, dribble, pass. he is below average in nearly every skill. he's going to have to make amazing progress on his game to ever get to the level Klay is already right now. of course Wiggins will be promoted more than a player like Klay so people wont know. they'll just base their opinion on the espn highlights
goldrodd
Banned User

Post#19 » by goldrodd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Don't forget Klay got it together between the ears. Who knows what this kid is thinking when he gets all that money.Must saying there's a mental side to success. Klay comes from a good home that is use to big money. Wiggins is young. Give him some time.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#20 » by malgus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:41 am

totalrekall wrote:this just goes to show how powerful hype is. Klay is one of the best shooters in the league and best perimeter defenders. has improved every season and is only entering 4th season. Klay is already one of the best two way players in the league but no one seems to know it bc he's a quiet assassin

No. If by among the best perimeter defenders you mean he is a perimeter defender than yeah that's right. Among the best? Yeah if you count them all as the best then yeah he's among them. And no he hasn't improved every year since he shot worse in his 2nd year than his first. Quiet assassin shot .422% from the field. wow. You'd be a lottery team if he was "the man", the number one option, on your team.

He can barely dribble. He can't create his own shot. He catches and shoots. He's like a lesser version of young Ray Allen. You are the hype for Klay, he's way overhyped.

Return to Polls Discussion