Which team won the Celtics/76ers draft trade?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team won the Celtics/76ers draft trade? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:37 am

1. 76ers
2. Celtics
boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Re: Which team won the Celtics/76ers draft trade? 

Post#2 » by boston_fan_ct » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:55 pm

i think 2 chances at a very good player is better than one, so I will at this point give the edge to the Celtics.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:25 pm

boston_fan_ct wrote:i think 2 chances at a very good player is better than one, so I will at this point give the edge to the Celtics.

Nah u just being a homer. Next season the lakers don't have any incentive to tank so they will try to win as much as possible to show Paul George and lebron they have a bright future. Next year draft isn't that good and fultz is as close to being the sure thing as u will get. 2 winners here 76ers and Isaiah Thomas as a free agent lol. Celtics will have to pay up for a midget that can't play defense
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#4 » by colaroaster » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 am

both teams win :D
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#5 » by bulls4ever » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 am

I understand Boston plans and it was good move (based on the plan). they get the player they wanted and something extra.
Problem is ... I don't think it was the best plan
Boston should have kept the #1 and traded IT to Indiana for PG. IT is a midget and not too young. he will be 29 years old in February. It will not be smarty to offer him max (or near) multiyear year contract. Even if PG ends up being a year rental, it would not be a problem as there would be a replacement to It already with a year of experience.

IMO, Fultz is superior than the next 4 draft options. Being the next 4 somewhat equal.
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#6 » by Fresh360Waves » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:43 am

Elnegron wrote:
boston_fan_ct wrote:i think 2 chances at a very good player is better than one, so I will at this point give the edge to the Celtics.

Nah u just being a homer. Next season the lakers don't have any incentive to tank so they will try to win as much as possible to show Paul George and lebron they have a bright future. Next year draft isn't that good and fultz is as close to being the sure thing as u will get. 2 winners here 76ers and Isaiah Thomas as a free agent lol. Celtics will have to pay up for a midget that can't play defense

The Lakers will definitely be more competitive next season but they will still be bad. A young team that will go through tons of growing pains together.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#7 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Fultz is a stud- no doubt, but he may not be as good as projected. Hard to say until we see who LAL takes, if they pass on Ball and take Jackson might suck for BOS.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 291

Post#8 » by eitanr » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:Fultz is a stud- no doubt, but he may not be as good as projected. Hard to say until we see who LAL takes, if they pass on Ball and take Jackson might suck for BOS.

My hope for Boston is that they have a plan if this happens. Hopefully involves moving 3, with some mediocre assets to Kings for 5 and 10. Sacto may be interested in a Ball game, or would like to ensure they nab Fox. Boston can they move down to select Tatum and Collins at 5 and 10 and save face somewhat.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#9 » by MegaK » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 pm

i think Ainge just likes collecting picks.
Master Amino
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Master Amino » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 pm

They both honestly won...IF Josh Jackson is still there for them at #3. Otherwise Philly.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#11 » by Bobalob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm

None of us can say right now. Fultz could be a star and Jackson not. Fultz can be a star and Jackson not, but next year's pick Ayton is. Fultz could be a star, Jackson a star, and the pick conveys to the Sac 2019 Pick and its Zion Williamson

Too many variables, but if i had to make a guess...

For Philly it was a pretty much a cant lose trade bc you dont have room for more future top picks anyway. Also next year's draft is WEAK. Fultz for them is such a better fit than Jackson that even though they may be close as prospects, thats a HUGE difference.

For Boston it could be push, it could be disaster, or could be looked back as a dynasty defining moment. If i had to take a pick, i'd say push at best with a lean toward disaster. Fultz will ball out, Jackson will be jack of all trades but no star, and next year's pick 2-5 will be a guy who cant even crack their rotation.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,879

Post#12 » by Effigy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Master Amino wrote:They both honestly won...IF Josh Jackson is still there for them at #3. Otherwise Philly.

What if Josh Jackson is there and they take Tatum?

Who won then?
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#13 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Master Amino wrote:They both honestly won...IF Josh Jackson is still there for them at #3. Otherwise Philly.

Definitely a Win/Win for both teams.

The difference is Philly knows who their core is, while the Celtics still do not. But have 2 lottery picks next year, unless the LAC pick becomes SAC, and even more trade pieces to get a star.

I don't think they will draft Jackson. Danny knows the team has enough defensive minded players on their team who can't shoot. They'll pick Tatum. 85 % FT shooter in college on a good team. Good scorer, plus 6'8 with a 7'0 wingspan. The better pick IMO.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 133

Post#14 » by ebott » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:11 pm

colaroaster wrote:both teams win :D

This 100%. Perfect trade for both teams. Boston already has great guards. The Sixers have drafted surrounding players and really need that one guard with star potential.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#15 » by totalrekall » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:19 am

the Celtics didnt want to draft Fultz #1 so they get picks back for a player they never wanted in the first place. pretty great trade from their perspective. whether or not the 76ers also win depends on what type of player Fultz becomes. I seriously doubt this one pays off for them. I dont view him as a player you build a franchise around

Return to Polls Discussion