Which team will Kyrie Irving be playing for to being the 17-18 season?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team will Kyrie Irving be playing for to being the 17-18 season? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:03 pm

1. Cavaliers
2. Spurs
3. Suns
4. Heat
5. Knicks
6. Wolves
7. Other
Trever1982
Sophomore
And1: 10

Re: Which team will Kyrie Irving be playing for to being the 17-18 season? 

Post#2 » by Trever1982 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:56 am

Best player in the world... I'm totally fine if the Knicks give up draft picks to get him
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#3 » by Camping Fan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:49 am

Trever1982 wrote:Best player in the world... I'm totally fine if the Knicks give up draft picks to get him

It would be a great acquisition for him - I think either the Knicks or the Miami Heat. At first I thought that He was being stupid for asking for a trade, but then I considered the possibility that LeBron will bolt next summer. Irving knows that If LeBron leaves next summer, the Cavs might refuse to build around him and losing would darken his legacy - so for the benefit of his career long term - get out now while he can. That and the fact that Dan Gilbert is blowing up the team already
Lakers 2020
Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Knickstape7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:03 pm

kyrie for melo and 2 1st rounders or melo and ntkilana...MAKE IT HAPPEN KNICKS!!!
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#5 » by totalrekall » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:20 pm

he's not going anywhere. he has no leverage. w/ LeBron already halfway out the door, the Cavs wont trade Kyrie until he's due to be a free agent.
I totally understand why Kyrie wants out now. he was there while LeBron was in Miami and the team was awful. he doesnt want to stick around for more of that. he also knows no good players are joining the Cavs once LeBron leaves. he wants to build his own brand and Cleveland isnt the place to do that. this is a player who can average 30ppg on another team and have the team built around him. after LeBron leaves Cleveland goes back to being a lousy team. losing isnt good for endorsements
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,167

Post#6 » by CodeBreaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:35 am

Hope he gets traded to the Knicks, and see a Melo-Lebron combo in Cleveland
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#7 » by colaroaster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:01 pm

cavs about to implode into a 2019 lottery team
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#8 » by Jim Dolan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:07 pm

id be shocked if the Knicks landed him....shocked!
Gwd1228
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Gwd1228 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:20 am

I would love to see kyrie go to Minnesota. The timber wolves have some great players coming off the bench and lots of first rounders potentially picks no.10 and under.
A few different options for Minnesota to move would be Gorui Deing,Jeff Teague,Justin Patton, of course Taj and some other young talent. Of course I've heard from another source Miami could be a great home for kyrie. Not only does it have future picks that could be very valuable to Cleveland it also has some players Cleveland that could continue Cleveland's success. Including justice Winslow,Goran dragic and Kelly olynnk.

I think out of the two though the timber wolves would be a great place for kyrie as newly added jimmy butler could make for quite a dynamic duo where touches could be evenly spread out among the two.the cavs would also benefit more from Minnesota with future picks and of course possibly teague and deing. Hopefully you found this helpful
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#10 » by Bobalob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 pm

I've said this in like 3 different threads....why are people so delusional when it comes to Kyrie's trade value!?!?! :banghead:

The ENTIRE LEAGUE is a possible destination. The Cavs will get a great return.

Watch out for Phoenix. Eric Bledsoe is a 'Lebron guy' and on thr trade block, and they could also throw in Bender, Chriss, or Jackson.

Just think about it: if you're a team who doesnt attract free agents this is your 1 shot to get a franchise player. Someone will shoot their shot andf the Cavs will get much more than Carmelo Anthony (who was just about to be traded for Ryan f'in Anderson) in return.
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#11 » by gold0259 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 pm

wiggins and a 1st round pick and cole adrich for Uncle Drew
CH Smoot
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#12 » by CH Smoot » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:42 am

He'll be traded to the Lakers.

Ball, Ingram, Randle, Nance and Zubac get you to the salary required.

The Lakers then package Clarkson, Deng and a pick to another team as a salary dump for the off-season and go and get LeBron and George.

LeBron will come to the Lakers if they have Irving. Right, Magic and Pelinka?
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#13 » by Airmax3D » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Gwd1228 wrote:I would love to see kyrie go to Minnesota. The timber wolves have some great players coming off the bench and lots of first rounders potentially picks no.10 and under.
A few different options for Minnesota to move would be Gorui Deing,Jeff Teague,Justin Patton, of course Taj and some other young talent. Of course I've heard from another source Miami could be a great home for kyrie. Not only does it have future picks that could be very valuable to Cleveland it also has some players Cleveland that could continue Cleveland's success. Including justice Winslow,Goran dragic and Kelly olynnk.

I think out of the two though the timber wolves would be a great place for kyrie as newly added jimmy butler could make for quite a dynamic duo where touches could be evenly spread out among the two.the cavs would also benefit more from Minnesota with future picks and of course possibly teague and deing. Hopefully you found this helpful

It would have been great but Jeff Teague just signed his contract and can't be traded until December 2017 so they won't be able to get kyrie. Same applies for Taj. I don't see him landing with the wolves because of that
Clippers4Life
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Clippers4Life » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:22 pm

CH Smoot wrote:He'll be traded to the Lakers.

The Lakers then package Clarkson, Deng and a pick to another team as a salary dump for the off-season and go and get LeBron and George.

LMAOOOOO! in your dreams there is no indication or any reliable evidence from anywhere to suggest THE KING is leaving the Land. He has a better chance at going to the Finals every year in the East... NOT IN THE SAME CONFERENCE AS HIS RIVALS (GSW). Also many other teams have the necessary cap to sign him, aren't in the same conference as the GSW, and have WAY BETTER PLAYERS - Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves, LA Clippers(same chances as LAL), SA Spurs, and PHI if Fultz plays up to all the hype surrounding him and if Embiid can stay healthy for more than 31 games.

ALL IN ALL Lebron ain't leaving for the bottom of the barrel Lakers no matter how historic the franchise is. Well see if any credible evidence surfaces throughout the 17-18 NBA season but my guess is LBJ is gonna be playing with vengeance cause of this whole kyrie thing.

Lakers fan have been quite disillusion these past 5 years and every year it just gets worse and worse. Take a look at their record vs. the Clippers these past 6 seasons..
Gwd1228
Ballboy

Post#15 » by Gwd1228 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 am

Airmax3D wrote:
Gwd1228 wrote:I would love to see kyrie go to Minnesota. The timber wolves have some great players coming off the bench and lots of first rounders potentially picks no.10 and under.
A few different options for Minnesota to move would be Gorui Deing,Jeff Teague,Justin Patton, of course Taj and some other young talent. Of course I've heard from another source Miami could be a great home for kyrie. Not only does it have future picks that could be very valuable to Cleveland it also has some
players Cleveland that could continue Cleveland's success. Including justice Winslow,Goran dragic and Kelly olynnk.

It would have been great but Jeff Teague just signed his contract and can't be traded until December 2017 so they won't be able to get kyrie. Same applies for Taj. I don't see him landing with the wolves because of that

I know where your going with that but if the trade was discussed among the two teams kyrie could play the beginning of the season with cavs but agreed it would be hard to accomplish for Minnesota
Gwd1228
Ballboy

Post#16 » by Gwd1228 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Trever1982 wrote:Best player in the world... I'm totally fine if the Knicks give up draft picks to get him

Are you confused? Do you know what player were talking about? Kyrie is not the best player in the world!?
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#17 » by Whetzell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Clippers4Life wrote:
CH Smoot wrote:He'll be traded to the Lakers.

Wow that's a bad trade. Four sub 25 year old starters for a one dimensional scorer?

A real trade would be Randle, Clarkson, Zubac and a future first. Then if you need to sweeten it replace Randle with Ingram but don't include both.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#18 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:24 am

Kyrie was always arrogant ever since he was a rookie. I've always hated his demeanor for the same reason. Not a second goes by where he thinks he isn't King Kyrie. What kind of moron wouldn't want to play with Lebron James? This is like the mistake that Tracy McGrady made in Toronto but 10 times worse due to an ego ten times the size.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#19 » by Pennebaker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:06 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Kyrie was always arrogant ever since he was a rookie. I've always hated his demeanor for the same reason. Not a second goes by where he thinks he isn't King Kyrie. What kind of moron wouldn't want to play with Lebron James? This is like the mistake that Tracy McGrady made in Toronto but 10 times worse due to an ego ten times the size.

That's fair, except that Kyrie has already won a title playing as LeBron's sidekick. Been there, done that. Now he wants to try to win one as the top dog. It may never happen but you can't really blame him for wanting to try.
dialtone888
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#20 » by dialtone888 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:10 am

Carmelie 2.0 if he goes to Knicks

Return to Polls Discussion