What grade do you give the Celtics for their offseason moves?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Celtics for their offseason moves? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:35 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
ball_dont_lie23
Freshman
And1: 25

Re: What grade do you give the Celtics for their offseason moves? 

Post#2 » by ball_dont_lie23 » Sat Sep 9, 2017 6:32 pm

don't know if they'll be a better team this year. still haven't gotten a good defensive rebounding, shot blocking big man. and lost their top 2 perimeter defenders in bradley and crowder
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#3 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sat Sep 9, 2017 7:32 pm

might be better but not enough to win a title and gave away a good pick
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#4 » by Whetzell » Sat Sep 9, 2017 9:57 pm

ball_dont_lie23 wrote:don't know if they'll be a better team this year. still haven't gotten a good defensive rebounding, shot blocking big man. and lost their top 2 perimeter defenders in bradley and crowder

Baynes will be great for 20 minutes, but you're right they still need another big.

I think Jaylen will make a big step forward this season and playing the 2 he will be a lot bigger than most guys.

Crowder was great at defense two years ago but he has slipped in that department since. I think Morris is an upgrade.

People keep saying the Nets will be a better team but I still see the pick being top 4-7.

Overall I think they made the right move.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#5 » by theman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:might be better but not enough to win a title and gave away a good pick

Gordon Hayward was a no brain. Did they do a good job of selling him on Boston? Sure. But in the end it was money and a chance to play for a better team.

They overpaid , big time for Irving. Ainge will look foolish if/when the Cavs package that pic for a player like Cousins.

Beyond that they cut a lot of players to make cap space and signed guys to minimum contract.

Ainge's best move of the summer was trading #1 overall for #3 and the Laker/Sac pick.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger

Return to Polls Discussion