Which team will win the Eastern Conference?

Jingson
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Which team will win the Eastern Conference? 

Post#21 » by Jingson » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:36 am

bj2323 wrote:
dice wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
one word: Jaylen

He may be 1st team all defense this season.

and he's gonna slow down lebron? good luck with that. lebron murdered the celtics opening night. and the only guy I can think of that has EVER slowed down lebron is jimmy butler

and Kawahi ;)

and Jason Kidd
bespectacled19
Junior
And1: 289

Post#22 » by bespectacled19 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:56 am

Donnyxc wrote:
bespectacled19 wrote:No way Celtics beat Cavs in a 7-game series. one word: LeBron

Jaylen? LOL don't make LeBron laugh :lol:
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#23 » by Pennebaker » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:So Boston is next in line of the teams that will keep dreaming in the LeBron era. Didn't they already do that last year? I guess they're like the 2012 to 2014 Indiana Pacers and want to do it two times in a row.

The question we should be asking is who is going to be the next team in the East to rise up and challenge LeBron in the ECF after Boston loses again this year and doesn't make it back next year?

Yeah except our team last year was admittedly role players and Isaiah Thomas going off. Once IT got hurt it was game over. Brad Stevens is a masterful coach who was able to get the best out of that group, but this year's group is a lot more talented, they have size & length, AND they've fixed their rebounding problem. League best Defense (DRtg) and it's not even close:
https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1

Dude is was game over regardless of what happened to IT. Nothing has really changed.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#24 » by Donnyxc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:31 pm

bespectacled19 wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
bespectacled19 wrote:No way Celtics beat Cavs in a 7-game series. one word: LeBron

Jaylen? LOL don't make LeBron laugh :lol:

Jaylen averages 88.5 points allowed per 100 possessions which is insane. He's consistently guarding the best player on each team. Don't sleep on him.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Donnyxc
Starter

Post#25 » by Donnyxc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Pennebaker wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:So Boston is next in line of the teams that will keep dreaming in the LeBron era. Didn't they already do that last year? I guess they're like the 2012 to 2014 Indiana Pacers and want to do it two times in a row.

The question we should be asking is who is going to be the next team in the East to rise up and challenge LeBron in the ECF after Boston loses again this year and doesn't make it back next year?

Yeah except our team last year was admittedly role players and Isaiah Thomas going off. Once IT got hurt it was game over. Brad Stevens is a masterful coach who was able to get the best out of that group, but this year's group is a lot more talented, they have size & length, AND they've fixed their rebounding problem. League best Defense (DRtg) and it's not even close:
https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1

Dude is was game over regardless of what happened to IT. Nothing has really changed.

What's changed is this year's team is better. See my last post for some facts.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Donnyxc
Starter

Post#26 » by Donnyxc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm

dice wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
dice wrote:and he's gonna slow down lebron? good luck with that. lebron murdered the celtics opening night. and the only guy I can think of that has EVER slowed down lebron is jimmy butler

1. Brown was a rookie last season 2. This Celtics team is a different team than opening night, affected by tragedy.

Also You know who Jaylen trains with in the off-season? :wink:

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-rookie-jaylen-brown-works-out-with-jimmy-butler-chicago-bulls

know who else went to "camp jimmy" for an entire offseason? doug mcdermott. not exactly nba all-defense

I don't want to bash on Mcbuckets but he seems to have more of a 2014 Kyle Korver type ceiling. Whereas I'd argue Jaylen's floor is Jimmy Butler. His second season is already ahead of where Jimmy was in his 3rd season, and he's scoring more efficiently. The defensive and advanced defensive stats on Jaylen are already there. He's bringing top nba level defense in his second year.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,537

Post#27 » by dice » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 am

Donnyxc wrote:
dice wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:1. Brown was a rookie last season 2. This Celtics team is a different team than opening night, affected by tragedy.

Also You know who Jaylen trains with in the off-season? :wink:

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-rookie-jaylen-brown-works-out-with-jimmy-butler-chicago-bulls

know who else went to "camp jimmy" for an entire offseason? doug mcdermott. not exactly nba all-defense

I don't want to bash on Mcbuckets but he seems to have more of a 2014 Kyle Korver type ceiling. Whereas I'd argue Jaylen's floor is Jimmy Butler. His second season is already ahead of where Jimmy was in his 3rd season, and he's scoring more efficiently. The defensive and advanced defensive stats on Jaylen are already there. He's bringing top nba level defense in his second year.

jimmy butler had perhaps the biggest improvement by a guy in his mid-to-late 20s in nba history. comparing where jaylen is compared to butler early in his career is wholly irrelevant. an all-nba FLOOR? get outta here. we've got a guy who's never been considered a shooter off to a hot shooting start. and he doesn't make teammates better. let's hold off just a leeeeeetle bit on the jaylen brown HOF coronation
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Polls Discussion