Do you believe Markelle Fultz will become an All-Star caliber player?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Do you believe Markelle Fultz will become an All-Star caliber player? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 pm

1. Yes
2. No
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Re: Do you believe Markelle Fultz will become an All-Star caliber player? 

Post#2 » by LaRance » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:56 pm

:D Based off those stats I seen on March 26th In 14 mintues of play scoring 13pts, 4rbs, 8ast, I'd say he will most likely be an Allstar In the next 3-5 years
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,355

Post#3 » by PerfectJab » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:40 pm

LaRance wrote::D Based off those stats I seen on March 26th In 14 mintues of play scoring 13pts, 4rbs, 8ast, I'd say he will most likely be an Allstar In the next 3-5 years

Add the fact that he's doing this against players that have a head start and have been refining their skills throughout the season and it is easy to see that he will be half decent.

More of a mental barrier than anything else at this point. He has the tools.
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#4 » by chipchipperson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:27 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
LaRance wrote::D Based off those stats I seen on March 26th In 14 mintues of play scoring 13pts, 4rbs, 8ast, I'd say he will most likely be an Allstar In the next 3-5 years

Add the fact that he's doing this against players that have a head start and have been refining their skills throughout the season and it is easy to see that he will be half decent.

On th flip side you could say he's going in with fresh legs against guys who are 70 games deep into an nba season. I can't see him surviving in this league with his jumpshot the way it is, much less being an all star.
Joe-P
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Joe-P » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Let's be real here. One game can't define a player. If it did Kwame Brown would have been a redemption story from sucking to becoming a legend after dropping 30 on the kings with 19 boards. One game can't define somebody and thats the truth. Im not saying Fultz is bad, but with Simmons pretty much playing point, and since his shot is weak the off ball movement needs him near the basket, but Embiid has that role. Simmons is in the same boat as Fultz, weak shot and sad free throws. The only plus with Simmons is that he is uber athletic, can read the court, and dunk over many in his way. Fultz has too many barriers to cross in Philly. Average Starter at best.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#6 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:24 pm

chipchipperson wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:

On th flip side you could say he's going in with fresh legs against guys who are 70 games deep into an nba season. I can't see him surviving in this league with his jumpshot the way it is, much less being an all star.

Meh, his midrange jump shot looks great. Hasn't attempted a 3 but that will come. I doubt many people would make the "fresh legs" argument in light of his rust/inexperience.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#7 » by colaroaster » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm

look closer at fultz - he's gonna get fat, like raymond felton fat
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#8 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sun Apr 1, 2018 1:51 pm

colaroaster wrote:look closer at fultz - he's gonna get fat, like raymond felton fat

You aren't able to see how much someone is going to eat. I'm somewhat shocked I needed to say that but then again this is the internet.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#9 » by luss54321 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 9:00 pm

All-star...?

A better question would be starting caliber player. Once you're in the league, nobody cares when you were drafted. Just ask Anthony Bennett.

In his 4 games since returning Fultz is shooting 38% FG and still hasn't attempted a 3 pointer. For comparison, he shot 5 three pointers a game in college on 41% 3PT. Until Fultz can prove that his jumpshot is not seriously broken beyond the point of repair, then he will most likely be a bust. In today's game, there is very little place for guards who can't shoot the ball.
Tussin33
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#10 » by Tussin33 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 10:17 pm

The hate is real lol. People hated embiid too, he was a bust because of his foot injury. Ben simmons much the same plus he couldn't carry a pathetic LSU team to the tourny so he's a bust. Fultz more of the same. Shoulder injury and couldn't carry a pathetic Washington team to the tourny so he's a BUST. You guys are the true definition of insanity. This is the team that waits until their players are 100% until they come back. Fultz has looked solid, his shooting percentage is low but he's rusty. It's not like you can practice shooting when you're nursing a shoulder injury. Not everybody steps onto the court and the game is slow for them, some players actually need to develop. Josh Jackson didn't come on until a month ago. Buddy hield is still figuring it out but he has shown progress. Terry Rozier & Kelly Oubre have taken great 3rd year leaps. Kyle lowry wasn't good until his late 20's etc & so forth. If you watched him at Washington you already know how special he is. This kid can shoot, I don't know how many times I saw him hit 3's with defenders all over him. Not hard to focus on Fultz when there's no one else to worry about. NBA defenders will have to worry about embiid, simmons, covington, saric, etc. In his few Nba games (including summer league) he has shown that he has a lot of work to do. He has some bad moments when he's out there. But he also flashes signs of true greatness everytime he's on the court.

Return to Polls Discussion