Which team will win the Western Conference Finals?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team will win the Western Conference Finals? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:38 am

1. Rockets
2. Warriors
3. Blazers
4. Thunder
5. Jazz
6. Pelicans
7. Spurs
8. Wolves
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Re: Which team will win the Western Conference Finals? 

Post#2 » by Camping Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 am

Pure fantasy to believe that the Rockets can get to the finals if all of the Warriors are healthy by that time - they simply aren't deep enough - I've see their dog and pony show before - they play good every year and then go home before it's over.
Lakers 2020
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Camping Fan wrote:Pure fantasy to believe that the Rockets can get to the finals if all of the Warriors are healthy by that time - they simply aren't deep enough - I've see their dog and pony show before - they play good every year and then go home before it's over.

They don't play this good every year... in fact, they have never played this good. GSW may not get to the WCF if they don't take a big step forward in the next few days.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#4 » by dan-man » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:Pure fantasy to believe that the Rockets can get to the finals if all of the Warriors are healthy by that time - they simply aren't deep enough - I've see their dog and pony show before - they play good every year and then go home before it's over.

They don't play this good every year... in fact, they have never played this good. GSW may not get to the WCF if they don't take a big step forward in the next few days.

Wrong... They've been playing 12 deep against desperate playoff hungry West teams. Things are about to change...
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 pm

dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Wrong... They've been playing 12 deep against desperate playoff hungry West teams. Things are about to change...

Their starters have still been logging starters minutes... but OK. Lovin' the confidence!:D
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#6 » by Camping Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:59 pm

dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

They have done that many times in the regular season - The regular season means nothing and Hardin likes to pat his stats
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#7 » by Camping Fan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

Actually they have - with Yao Ming - and in the one year they faced the Lakers with Ron Artest - Everyone thought that they were sure to win it - Same thing with Sacramento - they too were favorites all the way down to the famous shot by Robert Horry in the Western Conference Finals - Talk is cheep - I want to see proof
Lakers 2020
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Actually they have - with Yao Ming - and in the one year they faced the Lakers with Ron Artest - Everyone thought that they were sure to win it - Same thing with Sacramento - they too were favorites all the way down to the famous shot by Robert Horry in the Western Conference Finals - Talk is cheep - I want to see proof

The Rockets franchise had never won 60 games before. They just won 65. How is that talk?
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#9 » by dan-man » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:They don't play this good every year... in fact, they have never played this good. GSW may not get to the WCF if they don't take a big step forward in the next few days.

Their starters have still been logging starters minutes... but OK. Lovin' the confidence!:D

I usually wouldn't dismiss terrible play over the regular season but when/if healthy these guys will flip the switch. Too much talent, grit and experience.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#10 » by Camping Fan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:They don't play this good every year... in fact, they have never played this good. GSW may not get to the WCF if they don't take a big step forward in the next few days.

The Rockets franchise had never won 60 games before. They just won 65. How is that talk?

It's always talk until they win a championship - There has been a few teams to win 65 an not win a championship

It's happened 14 times in the last 30 years to be exact -
Lakers 2020
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#11 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am

Of all the reasons to say the Rockets can't win, not being deep enough isn't a valid one. They are obviously the deepest team in the league.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:

It's always talk until they win a championship - There has been a few teams to win 65 an not win a championship

Well, I think the Rockets have technically only been favorites for about 3 weeks. And the number of games won is not talk... it's a statistic. Nothing is given, certainly. But if you don't think this is the best Rockets team since Hakeem, you're not paying attention.

Also, If the Warriors are healthy by the WCF they will likely be the favorites again.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#13 » by Camping Fan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:The Rockets franchise had never won 60 games before. They just won 65. How is that talk?

Well, I think the Rockets have technically only been favorites for about 3 weeks. And the number of games won is not talk... it's a statistic. Nothing is given, certainly. But if you don't think this is the best Rockets team since Hakeem, you're not paying attention.

Also, If the Warriors are healthy by the WCF they will likely be the favorites again.

I understand that the Rockets are the favorites, but the fact remains that no one has won anything yet and nothing is guaranteed. Every legitimate NBA fan knows that many different situations can happen. In fact - it's not impossible for the Spurs to suddenly jump to life and whip their butt's. Not likely to happen, but possible. The Warriors are down Curry, but the Spurs are down Leonard - so they might be more evenly matched then most think.

The real test will be if the Warriors meet The Rockets - but I remember an 8th seeded team knocking out the top seed a few years - Warriors knocked out Mavericks in 2007 - Holy cow - it's been longer than I thought but you get my point - Unlikely but not a slam dunk by any means
Lakers 2020
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#14 » by colaroaster » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:37 pm

CP3's hamstring's dangling like a noodle and the Warriors suddenly "flip the switch"? sorry, unfortunately the NBA wasn't designed that way, both teams could be had in a series match-up. Healthiest team wins!
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#15 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 pm

I really hope the warriors win if they face Houston in the conf finals. I want Houston to implode.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: RE: Re: Which team will win the Western Conference Finals? 

Post#16 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Good thing Samaki Wackers shot during half time counted during that game or else Horry shot would still be meaningless and void.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#17 » by IAMZOOTED » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:38 am

That's a good point, considering they didn't make any moves in the off season.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
kinste
Sophomore
And1: 292

Post#18 » by kinste » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 pm

I just don't understand how the Rockets and Warriors are nearly even in this poll. This Warriors squad is still by far the most talented team in the NBA. They gonna win the championship quite easily once steph comes back. Everybody underrating the Warriors these days?
Camping Fan
Senior

Re: RE: Re: Which team will win the Western Conference Finals? 

Post#19 » by Camping Fan » Fri May 4, 2018 11:15 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:

Good thing Samaki Wackers shot during half time counted during that game or else Horry shot would still be meaningless and void.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The dude has something like 7 rings - two of them with Houston as I recall and 3 with the Lakers - and the other two - I think was with Chicago - Either extremely lucky or talented in knowing when to take the last shot and how to make it happen. Sacramento fans are stilling whining about it :D
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#20 » by Camping Fan » Fri May 4, 2018 11:19 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:

That's a good point, considering they didn't make any moves in the off season.

To know who will win that series when they face up - just look at the team - The Warriors have three players that average 20 or more points per game - Four of them combined for a total of 72 points and McGee is the only one who doesn't score and is not a slouch on defense. Houston has a good team, but in a seven game series, they need to start planning their first fishing trip
Lakers 2020

Return to Polls Discussion