Which team will win the Western Conference Finals?

Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Re: Which team will win the Western Conference Finals? 

Post#21 » by Camping Fan » Mon May 7, 2018 4:08 am

dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:Pure fantasy to believe that the Rockets can get to the finals if all of the Warriors are healthy by that time - they simply aren't deep enough - I've see their dog and pony show before - they play good every year and then go home before it's over.

They don't play this good every year... in fact, they have never played this good. GSW may not get to the WCF if they don't take a big step forward in the next few days.

Wrong... They've been playing 12 deep against desperate playoff hungry West teams. Things are about to change...

Not with D'antoni has head coach - He admitted a few weeks ago that he did not do much coaching for the Lakers and in separate statements he said his head coaching with the Knicks, was a failure because He didn't have Steve Nash. The guy simply is not a championship coach - that's the #1 problem

#2 Problem - The Warriors have 3 players that average 72 points and they do play defense. Defense is a curse word for D'antoni - Now bookmark and come back if the Rockets end up winning - but Five years from now don't count - I'm talking about this year and it is not going to happen
Lakers 2020
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#22 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon May 7, 2018 4:22 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:They don't play this good every year... in fact, they have never played this good. GSW may not get to the WCF if they don't take a big step forward in the next few days.

Wrong... They've been playing 12 deep against desperate playoff hungry West teams. Things are about to change...

Not with D'antoni has head coach - He admitted a few weeks ago that he did not do much coaching for the Lakers and in separate statements he said his head coaching with the Knicks, was a failure because He didn't have Steve Nash. The guy simply is not a championship coach - that's the #1 problem

#2 Problem - The Warriors have 3 players that average 72 points and they do play defense. Defense is a curse word for D'antoni - Now bookmark and come back if the Rockets end up winning - but Five years from now don't count - I'm talking about this year and it is not going to happen

Way to misunderstand or take out of context D'Antoni quotes to try and support your invalid take.

1) The Knicks comment was a dig at not having a superstar to buy into his system... or more specifically, Melo. Linsanity happened when the Stars were injured and the remaining bench/ roll players actually ran his system. It ended shortly after Melo returned.

The Lakers didn't buy in either. Pau whining about shooting 3pt. (He's made 100+ the past two years.) Kobe freelancing. Dwight demanding touches... But then the Nash and Kobe injuries threw them off the rails. His second year they were tanking. Nash was out and they traded away Blake (the only viable PG left on the roster) for nothing. What is a D'antoni system without a PG? Low key best tank move ever!

2) You must be talking about last season... this season:

HOU was 1st in offense, 6th in defense and 1st in eDiff.
GSW were 3rd in offense, 11th in defense and 3rd in eDiff.

GSW had some injury (and effort) setbacks so it's probably more even than that. And their experience likely puts them over the top. It's going to be fun, but it's kind of funny you telling us to bookmark your GSW pick... like it isn't the same pick we all had at the beginning of the season. We heard it here first!
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#23 » by Camping Fan » Fri Jun 1, 2018 5:39 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Way to misunderstand or take out of context D'Antoni quotes to try and support your invalid take.

1) The Knicks comment was a dig at not having a superstar to buy into his system... or more specifically, Melo. Linsanity happened when the Stars were injured and the remaining bench/ roll players actually ran his system. It ended shortly after Melo returned.

The Lakers didn't buy in either. Pau whining about shooting 3pt. (He's made 100+ the past two years.) Kobe freelancing. Dwight demanding touches... But then the Nash and Kobe injuries threw them off the rails. His second year they were tanking. Nash was out and they traded away Blake (the only viable PG left on the roster) for nothing. What is a D'antoni system without a PG? Low key best tank move ever!

GSW had some injury (and effort) setbacks so it's probably more even than that. And their experience likely puts them over the top. It's going to be fun, but it's kind of funny you telling us to bookmark your GSW pick... like it isn't the same pick we all had at the beginning of the season. We heard it here first!

And yet I was right because we both know now that the Warriors won that season for the reasons I stated. The Warriors have to many weapons at their disposal :nod:
Lakers 2020
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#24 » by dan-man » Fri Jun 1, 2018 6:49 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:Not with D'antoni has head coach - He admitted a few weeks ago that he did not do much coaching for the Lakers and in separate statements he said his head coaching with the Knicks, was a failure because He didn't have Steve Nash. The guy simply is not a championship coach - that's the #1 problem

And yet I was right because we both know now that the Warriors won that season for the reasons I stated. The Warriors have to many weapons at their disposal :nod:

Yep, so was I and everyone else... Didn't think it would be this ugly which I attribute to Kevin Durant trying to sabotage the team.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#25 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jun 1, 2018 9:34 pm

dan-man wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Way to misunderstand or take out of context D'Antoni quotes to try and support your invalid take.

Yep, so was I and everyone else... Didn't think it would be this ugly which I attribute to Kevin Durant trying to sabotage the team.

Or did GSW win because CP3 pulled another hammy... and not because of there wealth of weapons? We may never know.
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#26 » by Camping Fan » Sat Jun 2, 2018 8:00 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:And yet I was right because we both know now that the Warriors won that season for the reasons I stated. The Warriors have to many weapons at their disposal :nod:

Or did GSW win because CP3 pulled another hammy... and not because of there wealth of weapons? We may never know.

That would be a fair argument except that the Warriors had already beat the living crap out of Houston WITH CP3 IN THE GAME with a 40 point lead.

My assessment - The Warriors live by three point **** for their bread and butter - that's a dangerous game because if you don't have the ability to drive to the basket on a regular basis - sooner or later your 3 point shooting will let you down. If The Cavaliers wants to win - then protect the three point shooting and force to come in where the mediocre players can play defense. That's the Warriors weak spot.

It would have been interesting though with CP# in those last game(s) though and yes it might have been different
Lakers 2020
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#27 » by Camping Fan » Sat Jun 2, 2018 8:01 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:And yet I was right because we both know now that the Warriors won that season for the reasons I stated. The Warriors have to many weapons at their disposal :nod:

D'antoni used isolation pay very well - but yes the Warriors won because of their wealth of Weapons - without them, Houston would have swept them
Lakers 2020
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#28 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Jun 2, 2018 10:13 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:

That would be a fair argument except that the Warriors had already beat the living crap out of Houston WITH CP3 IN THE GAME with a 40 point lead.

My assessment - The Warriors live by three point **** for their bread and butter - that's a dangerous game because if you don't have the ability to drive to the basket on a regular basis - sooner or later your 3 point shooting will let you down. If The Cavaliers wants to win - then protect the three point shooting and force to come in where the mediocre players can play defense. That's the Warriors weak spot.

It would have been interesting though with CP# in those last game(s) though and yes it might have been different

HOU was 3-2 with CP3 and 0-2 without CP3. Had that trend continued things would have been different. CP3 was arguably HOU best player in the series.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#29 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Jun 2, 2018 10:34 pm

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:

D'antoni used isolation pay very well - but yes the Warriors won because of their wealth of Weapons - without them, Houston would have swept them

Sure, without their 4 all-stars GSW would have been swept. Hmmmm.... I guess we can agree on that. :D
Camping Fan
Senior

Post#30 » by Camping Fan » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:04 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Or did GSW win because CP3 pulled another hammy... and not because of there wealth of weapons? We may never know.

HOU was 3-2 with CP3 and 0-2 without CP3. Had that trend continued things would have been different. CP3 was arguably HOU best player in the series.

The lead doesn't mean anything when you have a team that can hit those threes - it was just the matter of time. Sorry, but I just don't by the could have, would have, should have theory. Houston lost and the Warriors went forward because they was the best team
Lakers 2020
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#31 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jun 5, 2018 4:30 am

Camping Fan wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Camping Fan wrote:

The lead doesn't mean anything when you have a team that can hit those threes - it was just the matter of time. Sorry, but I just don't by the could have, would have, should have theory. Houston lost and the Warriors went forward because they was the best team

You don't need to be sorry; I have no dog in the fight. But CP3 is HOU's best perimeter defender. Him going down directly affected Curry going off. The best team doesn't always win but you're right that they did in this case.

Return to Polls Discussion