Would the Kings make a mistake if they pass on Luka Doncic?

RealGM Polls
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Would the Kings make a mistake if they pass on Luka Doncic? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri May 25, 2018 3:21 pm

1. Yes
2. No
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Would the Kings make a mistake if they pass on Luka Doncic? 

Post#2 » by juduking » Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 pm

This is a surprising result considering all of the Doncic hate on this message board.
"Ball Don't Lie"!
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 712
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#3 » by colaroaster » Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

doncic's nba body, euro experience, and skills would fit nicely with the kings young core.. maybe they could be a .500 team and continue to trend-up
br1162
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by br1162 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:47 pm

I admit, I would not select Doncic until 4 at the earliest. The question for me here is would I select Doncic over Bagley or Jaren Jackson Jr?? And I would not. I would not call myself a hater, I’ve just been fooled by the hype too many times. Everything they are saying about this kid they also said in 2015 about Hezonja who went 5th (while devalued Americans Devon Booker went 13th, Terry Rozier went 16th).

I get it, many GM’s will feel the pressure of their Owners to bring in an Euro face, and hope to strike gold, but with a top 5 pick you have got to get it right. Same goes for overhyped US College players from darling Universities or systems (Okafor, Aaron Gordon, Kris Dunn).

Don’t fall for the hype – believe what you’ve seen with your own eyes (not a limited highlight loop of the same 3 greatest plays). Just my thoughts.
Whetzell
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#5 » by Whetzell » Tue May 29, 2018 5:57 pm

br1162 wrote:I admit, I would not select Doncic until 4 at the earliest. The question for me here is would I select Doncic over Bagley or Jaren Jackson Jr?? And I would not. I would not call myself a hater, I’ve just been fooled by the hype too many times. Everything they are saying about this kid they also said in 2015 about Hezonja who went 5th (while devalued Americans Devon Booker went 13th, Terry Rozier went 16th).

I get it, many GM’s will feel the pressure of their Owners to bring in an Euro face, and hope to strike gold, but with a top 5 pick you have got to get it right. Same goes for overhyped US College players from darling Universities or systems (Okafor, Aaron Gordon, Kris Dunn).

Don’t fall for the hype – believe what you’ve seen with your own eyes (not a limited highlight loop of the same 3 greatest plays). Just my thoughts.

Mario did not do nearly as well as Luka in Euroleague, it's not even close. He wasn't the MVP and he didn't lead his team to a title.

Return to Polls Discussion