Which player from the 2018 NBA Draft will have the best career?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which player from the 2018 NBA Draft will have the best career? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 pm

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Bagley
4. J. Jackson
5. Porter
6. Young
7. Bamba
8. Carter
9. Other
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Which player from the 2018 NBA Draft will have the best career? 

Post#2 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:41 am

Best player or best career? What criterion most describes best?

Ayton will make the most money, barring injury.
Bamba will be a better player than Ayton within 3 years.

Jaren Jackson Jr will be the best player; but, Doncic will also be an HOF player.

This drafted is FULLY LOADED. Lot like the mid-80s drafts and the 96 draft. Lots of great players will have great careers but JAREN JACKSON JR. WILL BE A BETTER CHRIS BOSH/KG/CLUTCH player before 5 years. He's the youngest and next to Bamba, IMO, has the most upside.
Bye bye Beal.
Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#3 » by Whopper_Sr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Best player or best career? What criterion most describes best?

Jaren Jackson Jr will be the best player; but, Doncic will also be an HOF player.

This drafted is FULLY LOADED. Lot like the mid-80s drafts and the 96 draft. Lots of great players will have great careers but JAREN JACKSON JR. WILL BE A BETTER CHRIS BOSH/KG/CLUTCH player before 5 years. He's the youngest and next to Bamba, IMO, has the most upside.

There is absolutely no chance anyone in this draft becomes better than Garnett.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Whopper_Sr wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Best player or best career? What criterion most describes best?

How could you possibly know that? There are surprises in every draft. You simply never know. Nobody thought Curry would become the player he did. I think Doncic will be the best.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Whopper_Sr
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#5 » by Whopper_Sr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Barcs wrote:
Whopper_Sr wrote:

How could you possibly know that? There are surprises in every draft. You simply never know. Nobody thought Curry would become the player he did. I think Doncic will be the best.

It's a safe bet. Garnett is a top 10-15 player of all time and a top 5 defensive player ever also. We've had many prospects who were hyped up to be the next big thing but almost all of them didn't pan out. Plus defense is becoming less of a priority for kids growing up which doesn't help. Even Bosh is unlikely. Now Garnett? Hell no.
RealGM

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:00 am

I meant better than Bosh, and a KG/type player. If you read again you might NOT see that as saying better than KG.

I meant BEST FROM THIS DRAFT... time will tell.
Bye bye Beal.
ztejas
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#7 » by ztejas » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Whopper_Sr wrote:
Barcs wrote:
Whopper_Sr wrote:

It's a safe bet. Garnett is a top 10-15 player of all time and a top 5 defensive player ever also. We've had many prospects who were hyped up to be the next big thing but almost all of them didn't pan out. Plus defense is becoming less of a priority for kids growing up which doesn't help. Even Bosh is unlikely. Now Garnett? Hell no.

I think that's a ridiculous thing to say. Why do you even feel like that? Because the league has changed stylistically? This sounds like "old man yelling at cloud" to me.
ztejas
Sophomore

Post#8 » by ztejas » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:07 am

Damn why are you posting here you should be an NBA GM apparently you have it all figured out.
RealGM

Post#9 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:43 am

ztejas wrote:

Damn why are you posting here you should be an NBA GM apparently you have it all figured out.

44087-91=39996
2018-2001=17

Forty-thousand more posts over 17 years...

I've probably got it figured better than you do.
Bye bye Beal.
ztejas
Sophomore

Post#10 » by ztejas » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
ztejas wrote:

44087-91=39996
2018-2001=17

Relajate amigo. No es un asunto a resolver.
trezer12
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#11 » by trezer12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:42 pm

ztejas wrote:

44087-91=39996
2018-2001=17

lol @ post count. That definitely = knowledge.
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:19 am

trezer12 wrote:
ztejas wrote:

44087-91=39996
2018-2001=17

lol @ post count. That definitely = knowledge.

PRECISELY

Just like penis length is THE size in size matters. If you're not an anaconda (I'm a brother and I am NOT) -- 2 ex wives....

My SARCASM is that to some people the number is all that matters.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, trezer12, that my post count don't mean jack. Could be I've been talkin' out my arse for a long, long, long time on this forum.

Could be I got da dementia...

Mebbe i gon' mental.

Or, some new poster is FAR MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE...

I DID QUALIFY MY STATEMENT WITH "probably"...because I sensed a little smugness in the
you should be an NBA GM apparently you have it all figured out

So, since they gave a "SHOULD" statement... I CHOSE to get snarky.

Sometimes, you answer a junk statement with ... JUNK

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Polls Discussion