Will the Cavaliers reach the playoffs in 2019?

WC NBA Fan
Junior
And1: 187

Re: Will the Cavaliers reach the playoffs in 2019? 

Post#21 » by WC NBA Fan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm

colaroaster wrote:brooklyn nets have been public about making the playoffs next year - so the road goes thru them

That doesn't make sense though. They actually have their pick this year so you would think that they'd finally tank. If there was ever a time to make the playoffs, it was the last couple seasons when Boston had their lotto pick.
nbalover30
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#22 » by nbalover30 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm

I want to say that they will, but they have a whole season to work things out. I like that Kevin Love has this team now to himself and with the help of Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. , and a young and talented prospect in "Young Bull" Collin Sexton. I also like what they have in Cedi Osman. In the East, there will be a lot of teams fighting for the 8th seed, and that's where I personally see them landing in the Eastern Conference. They will have a long and well fought season for all of those teams fighting for that last and final spot in the playoffs. I predict it will come down to the Pistons and the Cavs. But the Cavs will fight it out and make it to the playoffs and show LeBron James that they can make it without him. :D
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#23 » by 12footrim » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 pm

AK47MVP wrote:
phraoh wrote:Well at least its not 100% NO....as of now only 69% will be surprised when the Cavs EASILY make the playoffs in 2019. Cavs looked like they were barely trying (if not at all) for most of the regular season last year, and Lebron basically throwing 6 weeks away trying to prove a point and get FO to shake things up. Cavs won't win 50 again due to loss of James, but good chance to win 45.

I can bet you Cavs won't be even close to playoff picture.

Lots of variables, like define close. If Kevin Love plays 70+ games I think they have a good shot personally. I think it's a team that will be more motivated from night to night actually with Lebron gone. They probably all feel at least somewhat slighted and would love to make a statement. That said as much as Love gets hurt if he gets hurt in the first two months I could see them packing it in and trying to keep their pick this year.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#24 » by dan-man » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 am

100% negative but it IS the East so some times $hit does float...
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#25 » by dan-man » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 am

nbalover30 wrote:I want to say that they will, but they have a whole season to work things out. I like that Kevin Love has this team now to himself and with the help of Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr. , and a young and talented prospect in "Young Bull" Collin Sexton. I also like what they have in Cedi Osman. In the East, there will be a lot of teams fighting for the 8th seed, and that's where I personally see them landing in the Eastern Conference. They will have a long and well fought season for all of those teams fighting for that last and final spot in the playoffs. I predict it will come down to the Pistons and the Cavs. But the Cavs will fight it out and make it to the playoffs and show LeBron James that they can make it without him. :D

Hopefully the exodus of LBJ will magically make Clarkson's game reappear. He was TERRIBLE as a Cav last season. Now that the pressure, spot light, and ball dominance are more in his favor he'll do much better.

Return to Polls Discussion