Which player is more likely to sign with the Clippers in 2019?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which player is more likely to sign with the Clippers in 2019? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 pm

1. Durant
2. Kawhi
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Re: Which player is more likely to sign with the Clippers in 2019? 

Post#2 » by PT416 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 am

tbh neither.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#3 » by luss54321 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Durant is afraid of failure. There's no way he leaves GS and attempts to lead a team to the finals. He doesn't have it in him.
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#4 » by phenith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:57 pm

While Durant is probably "more likely", I don't believe the Clipps will get either of these guys... unless the Raps fall on their faces, they look like a finals team with room to grow, I have a hard time seeing Kawhi leaving, he's as happy as anyone has ever seen him. And the GSW drama is blown out of proportion, Durant is part of a Dynasty right now, so again... things would have to go seriously wrong for him to leave.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#5 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:38 am

I don't see them getting neither. Better try to aim for Giannis in 2021.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#6 » by Wo1verine » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Clippers re-sign Harris and get Thompson after Kawhi and Durant both stay put.
BrunoSkull
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#7 » by Barcs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:31 am

They are both coming to the Knicks. Sorry.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#8 » by Jordans_Rose » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 am

Unless you follow the Raptors media and it's players, people keep forgetting, Canada is producing some good NBA talent and I'm sure 10 years from now more NBA talent will expand and grow in Toronto. So enough with the whole stupid ass American jokes that were just a bunch of puck slapping, maple syrup sapping, canoe riding type people. Many celebrities are from Canada, many athletes are from Canada, do people forget who invented the game of basketball? It was a Canadian, Dr. James Naismith.

Kawhi openly talked about Toronto and he loves it here, Raptors are first in the league and 7-1 without him in the lineup and that goes to show the Raptors depth and there's a different vibe in the city. Vince Carter said, Toronto is one of the best-kept secrets in North America, Michael Jordan said Toronto reminds him a lot like Chicago, Charles Barkley has stated Toronto is one of the best cities in the world. I think people lose their marbles over how cold it was during ASW 2016, yeah I attended almost every event from Friday to Sunday and it was f-ing cold I admit but that didn't stop me from going out. Hell, even Kawhi said, we don't play in the snow, we play in a gym, just put a coat on. The weather in NYK is no different then Toronto or Chicago so enough with this stupid ass b.s.

That's the problem I have with stubborn Americans, and yes, I am a Canadian, just give respect where it's due. Y'all talk every year and I'm taking to you Lakers and Knicks fans and you guys always strike out with big free agents. In the last 22 years, the Lakers only signed 2 big mans -- Shaq in 1996 and LeBron in 2018, New York signed Amare in 2010 and traded for Melo but that the Knicks have sucked pretty much since post-Ewing days.

KD would probably either go back to OKC, Washington or try to stay in GSW, but only he knows best. As for Kawhi, I really feel like he loves the situation he is in, from the media, to the training staff, to the players, to coach Nick Nurse, to the fans, to the city life, everything the Raptors can offer him the most money.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,936

Post#9 » by Effigy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Wo1verine wrote:Clippers re-sign Harris and get Thompson after Kawhi and Durant both stay put.

As in KLAY? There's no way. If Klay leaves GS it would be for the Lakers. I really don't think it would be for anyone else. Unless maybe it's with a guy like Kawhi, but even then, I don't see it.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#10 » by fuller4379 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:34 pm

The most likely result is neither. I don't know why they didn't make this an option on the poll.
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#11 » by Airmax3D » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Jordans_Rose wrote:Unless you follow the Raptors media and it's players, people keep forgetting, Canada is producing some good NBA talent and I'm sure 10 years from now more NBA talent will expand and grow in Toronto. So enough with the whole stupid ass American jokes that were just a bunch of puck slapping, maple syrup sapping, canoe riding type people. Many celebrities are from Canada, many athletes are from Canada, do people forget who invented the game of basketball? It was a Canadian, Dr. James Naismith.

Kawhi openly talked about Toronto and he loves it here, Raptors are first in the league and 7-1 without him in the lineup and that goes to show the Raptors depth and there's a different vibe in the city. Vince Carter said, Toronto is one of the best-kept secrets in North America, Michael Jordan said Toronto reminds him a lot like Chicago, Charles Barkley has stated Toronto is one of the best cities in the world. I think people lose their marbles over how cold it was during ASW 2016, yeah I attended almost every event from Friday to Sunday and it was f-ing cold I admit but that didn't stop me from going out. Hell, even Kawhi said, we don't play in the snow, we play in a gym, just put a coat on. The weather in NYK is no different then Toronto or Chicago so enough with this stupid ass b.s.

That's the problem I have with stubborn Americans, and yes, I am a Canadian, just give respect where it's due. Y'all talk every year and I'm taking to you Lakers and Knicks fans and you guys always strike out with big free agents. In the last 22 years, the Lakers only signed 2 big mans -- Shaq in 1996 and LeBron in 2018, New York signed Amare in 2010 and traded for Melo but that the Knicks have sucked pretty much since post-Ewing days.

KD would probably either go back to OKC, Washington or try to stay in GSW, but only he knows best. As for Kawhi, I really feel like he loves the situation he is in, from the media, to the training staff, to the players, to coach Nick Nurse, to the fans, to the city life, everything the Raptors can offer him the most money.

You understand no one said anything about Canada right? Chill man.
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#12 » by Jordans_Rose » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Airmax3D wrote:
Jordans_Rose wrote:Unless you follow the Raptors media and it's players, people keep forgetting, Canada is producing some good NBA talent and I'm sure 10 years from now more NBA talent will expand and grow in Toronto. So enough with the whole stupid ass American jokes that were just a bunch of puck slapping, maple syrup sapping, canoe riding type people. Many celebrities are from Canada, many athletes are from Canada, do people forget who invented the game of basketball? It was a Canadian, Dr. James Naismith.

what are you talking about it's something I hear everyday **** day from guys on here and to the media, I'm stating the truth and your telling me to chill? okay buddy lol.
tre11
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#13 » by tre11 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Neither, Khawai is likely to stay put. KD may not stay, but won't leave for the Clippers. Not sure what these people are smoking, but both players want to win and they are both in the best situations they could possibly be in right now!!! I only mention it's possible for KD to leave because if he wanted to stay, I am sure he would have indicated that already..
greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#14 » by greggschapiro » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Jordans_Rose wrote:
Airmax3D wrote:

what are you talking about it's something I hear everyday **** day from guys on here and to the media, I'm stating the truth and your telling me to chill? okay buddy lol.

This is why nobody likes Canada.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#15 » by Oncloud9 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:44 pm

greggschapiro wrote:
Jordans_Rose wrote:
Airmax3D wrote:

This is why nobody likes Canada.

As a Canadian and Raps fan, I understand the US focus of the talking head brigade. The talking heads are the face of the shows but not the producers or directors. Like any show, the directors and producers determined their audience and sold commercial space before the production meeting. In the production meeting, decisions are made on who will lead what predetermined storyline and it goes on TV looking as unscripted as one of the bachelor reality shows when in fact every facet is planned.

Paul Pierce, Charles Barkley, Steven A Smith and the rest of the talking head brigade play their parts on their respective shows hyping this player or that playing for this team or that as if they are somehow some expert when in fact they are nothing more than Pat Sajak /Vanna White on wheel of Fortune or Bob Barker and a Price is Right girl: a buzz generator who reads their lines. Websites are click bait and clicks are sold to advertisers no different that TV viewership.

There is no US media disrespect of the Raps as many fans want to believe. The NBA, its' broadcasters, its' teams and players are revenue generating entities and the fan's viewership is the commodity.

I would like to see my Raps get the coverage that top US based NBA teams get and be scheduled to play the coveted Christmas day games that the Knicks and Lakers get even when they are lousy but I know it has nothing to do with how good or bad the Raps are. They just haven't had a drawing card for fan viewership in the US since the early days of Vince Carter.

Return to Polls Discussion