Will the Nets win an NBA championship during the tenure of Kevin Durant?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Will the Nets win an NBA championship during the tenure of Kevin Durant? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:47 pm

1. Yes
2. No
QWERTYUIOP1248
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Will the Nets win an NBA championship during the tenure of Kevin Durant? 

Post#2 » by QWERTYUIOP1248 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:56 pm

I don't think they will because:
year 1 of 4: Durant is injured and they get 4-6 seed, and lose in the first or second round with Kyrie
year 2 of 4: Durant recovers and misses nearly half the season with load management (and he's not the same when he is there) and they might make the conference finals but no farther and probably not even that far
year 3 of 4: he's back, but now he's 33, DeAndre Jordan is 33 and Kyrie is 30. This is their best chance to win it all if they will this will be the best chance they have. However, I believe that some of the young teams in the league may be too good for them. (Bucks, Nuggets Etc.)
year 4 of 4: Now Durant and Jordan are both 34 and Kyrie is 31 and they're in the last year of all their deals and the younger teams will be much better than the declining Nets

(All of this is assuming that he has a full recovery after 2 years, which isn't too likely considering, his injury history as well as all the players who had the same injury who weren't the same)
HotSaucerman
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by HotSaucerman » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:20 pm

QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:I don't think they will because:
year 1 of 4: Durant is injured and they get 4-6 seed, and lose in the first or second round with Kyrie
year 2 of 4: Durant recovers and misses nearly half the season with load management (and he's not the same when he is there) and they might make the conference finals but no farther and probably not even that far
year 3 of 4: he's back, but now he's 33, DeAndre Jordan is 33 and Kyrie is 30. This is their best chance to win it all if they will this will be the best chance they have. However, I believe that some of the young teams in the league may be too good for them. (Bucks, Nuggets Etc.)
year 4 of 4: Now Durant and Jordan are both 34 and Kyrie is 31 and they're in the last year of all their deals and the younger teams will be much better than the declining Nets

(All of this is assuming that he has a full recovery after 2 years, which isn't too likely considering, his injury history as well as all the players who had the same injury who weren't the same)

It's not like they're alone, Spencer Dinwiddie (26), CLV (24), and Jarrett Allen (21) will be in or entering their prime during this time. Rodions Kurucs (21) was 45/31.5/78 as rookie starting 43 games last year. Let's also not forget the best (statistically) 3pt shooter in the league last year, Joe Harris (27) will be a solid, Korver like if not better player, during this time. And Marks has proven himself to find quality players late in the first and second round. It's no guarantee but they'll be competing year 2-4 of KDs contract and could still possibly emerge out of the east this year depending on how the rest of FA plays out.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#4 » by Aussienet3 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:21 am

QWERTYUIOP1248 wrote:I don't think they will because:

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one, and your entitled to yours. I've been a long suffering Nets fan 91. Trust me when i say that I have seen EVERYTHING that could be done to build a franchise (back to back finals) then watch it get destroyed by a cheap ass owner and terrible GM.
However, I get really frustrated when people talk about the Nets but have no idea what they have been building and creating.
Barring injury Caris LeVert will be an allstar next to kyrie. Spencer Dinwiddie will finally get his recognition by the league and win the sixth man award. Joe Harris will be back to back 3 point champ. This was already on the rise. Kyrie and KD have put them on the map. Nba has gone off broadway and landed at Barclays centre. Adding Kyrie over D'lo plus the natural improvement in the players. I'm tipping a 50 plus win record. Getting us home court in the first round and advancing to the second round. Thats were i see our season heading with our young core gaining heaps of play off experience. Plus I see KD making a late push for the playoff roster. Our Medical team is top 5 minimum. If no KD. I'm happy to wait until 20/21.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#5 » by theman » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:06 pm

The Nets will be one of the most mentally weak teams in the league. Irving was an anti-leader in Boston, thinking young players should bow down to him. And Durant could not lead in OKC and benefited from Curry's strong leadership in GS. With Durant missing the first season Irving will think it is his team and conflict will arise when KD returns.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Biscayne Beast
Senior
And1: 594

Post#6 » by Biscayne Beast » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:55 pm

Kevin Durant & Kyrie will never win an NBA championship again.

Return to Polls Discussion