Which team in the Southeast Division had the best offseason?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team in the Southeast Division had the best offseason? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:30 pm

1. Grizzlies
2. Mavericks
3. Pelicans
4. Rockets
5. Spurs
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Re: Which team in the Southeast Division had the best offseason? 

Post#2 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:55 pm

I voted rockets. Not sure on the pelicans I don’t see them being a playoff spot for at least two more seasons unless Ingram comes back
mrsaturn
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by mrsaturn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:05 am

the question wasnt about who will finish the highest in the standings.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:09 pm

mrsaturn wrote:the question wasn't about who will finish the highest in the standings.

It's a trick question, chief.

None of these teams are even in the SouthEAST division...
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#5 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:25 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
mrsaturn wrote:the question wasn't about who will finish the highest in the standings.

Good Call. However, everybody's voting Pelicans. I don't think Losing Anthony Davis equates to a good off season even if you're getting good picks for him.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#6 » by Paz » Fri Aug 2, 2019 9:56 pm

None of the above. Non Sequitur
jove9
Starter
And1: 159

Post#7 » by jove9 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 10:38 pm

How did Southwest Division teams get in this poll?
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#8 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:29 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Good Call. However, everybody's voting Pelicans. I don't think Losing Anthony Davis equates to a good off season even if you're getting good picks for him.

Personally, I'm comparing them to last years circus. On paper, Davis is a superstar. For last year's team, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
RajonRambo
Sophomore
And1: 29

Voted Pels 

Post#9 » by RajonRambo » Mon Aug 5, 2019 10:01 pm

I looked at this more as, 'who changed their situation the most - for the positive'...not so much 'what GM did the best job'.

Rockets seem like the best answer for GM work, but who was talking about the Pels last year?? All we heard was 'they're wasting AD's prime, they're stuck in purgatory, or where will AD be traded to'. Now there is a ton of optimism, fans are excited (and will probably fill more seats), and they're being talked about - in a good way for once. Not that the Pelicans themselves had much to do with that, but ball still bounced their way.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#10 » by tigerae » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:45 am

Luck had the most to do with it. On paper and hype, the Pelicans won the off-season in the "Southwest Division" by miles. Landing the number one pick and getting Zion along with the other young prospects from the AD trade is hands down the best off-season in the division.

Of course, this remains to be seen in the coming seasons as to whether or not the prospects actually live up to their hype.

The Rockets to me really didn't have that great of an off-season. Keeping D'Antoni is bad and then adding Westbrook to his offense is even worse. At least CP3 was a traditional point that was able to create for other players and run a different style offense when on the floor with the ball (instead of ISOs at the top of the key). Now you have 2 iso-guards who both need the ball to be effective, even more so in the current offense. D'Antoni's biggest weakness was seen yet again. He is unable or unwilling to make adjustments in the playoffs which has cost his teams again and again and will continue to do so imo.

The team I would say came in 2nd is the Mavs. Maybe KP isn't a true off-season move, but the trade was made with the expectation that he wouldn't be ready to get back on the court until next season. That along with the couple of additions (Seth Curry, Boban, etc.) could really make a big difference. Not sure they will be making a run at the playoffs since the West has so many great teams, but I can see them definitely winning a bunch more games than last season.

Return to Polls Discussion