Which player from the 2021 NBA draft will have the best career?

RealGM Polls
Starter
And1: 7

Which player from the 2021 NBA draft will have the best career? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 pm

1. Cunningham
2. Green
3. Mobley
Salty1
Sophomore
And1: 25

Re: Which player from the 2021 NBA draft will have the best career? 

Post#2 » by Salty1 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:30 am

If you picked Mobley you clearly haven't watched a single game this year
donaldtrump_00
Veteran
And1: 487

Post#3 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:36 pm

I haven't watched a single game of them but I'm going with Jalen green. I like the kobe comparison. I think it's true. Meaning 5 years from now he will be the best player. Cade will dominate for the first 3 years. But watch Green catch him and surpass him
IWishIWasHarden
Bench Warmer
And1: 120

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sun Aug 1, 2021 5:23 am

Don't love any of them. But probably Cunningham.

I say that after advocating Green before the draft. But we never had the chance to get Cunningham for the same price as Green.

But also Green will be more fun to watch. I don't enjoy watching Cunningham very much and Green has the more intresting upside play. I think Green has the higher upside.

The concern I have with Green is he doesn't go strong to the basket. He's more effeminate than a usual star player. I don't know any superstar who doesn't go strong to the basket. Jordan and Lebron move with a lot of strength to the cup. Kobe is probably the closest one who didn't move that strongly, but I don't see much of Kobe in Green. But even Kobe had a meaner streak about him than Green does. Kobe was also exceptionally co-ordinated. There was a strength about Kobe. It's not so much how you look but how you do it. Even just standing still on daft night, there was a weakness to Green's posture. He has a very mild temprement which doesn't usually translate to greatness in sports. That was the problem with Wiggins. I had previously said much to people's disgust that I thought Wiggins was already better than Pippen ever was. If I were to argue against myself, it would be that Pippen was much more reliable and strong a player. Pippen has the strength in his character. If you had to chose between Wiggins or Pippen as your teammate in the finals, and you already had a Michael Jordan level player, you'd take Pippen. More recently, Ayton struggled to show adequate strength in terms of what was required of him in the finals. A mild temprement is wonderful off the court, but they need to find Sasha Fierce on the court. That's why I for example was always in my state championship games. I had the strength in my character. ironically, this is where height and size comes into basketball as well: that extra literal strength is difficult to overcome. That's how basketball works. You can't pussyfoot around and expect to win. Ayton didn't have the strenth to match Giannis -- not phsyically or mentally. It was never in Ayton's character.

Return to Polls Discussion