Toni Kroos To Retire From Soccer Following Euro 2024

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 296

Toni Kroos To Retire From Soccer Following Euro 2024 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 21, 2024 11:23 am

Toni Kroos will retire from soccer following the Euro 2024. Kroos\' final club match will be in this season\'s Champions League for Real Madrid against Borussia Dortmund.

\"July 17th, 2014 -- the day of my presentation at Real Madrid, the day that changed my life,\" Kroos said on Instagram.

\"My life as a footballer -- but especially as a person. It was the start of a new chapter at the biggest club in the world. After 10 years, at the end of the season this chapter comes to an end.

\"At the same time this decision means that my career as an active footballer will end this summer after the European Championship.

\"As I have always said: Real Madrid is and will be my last club. I am happy and proud, that in my mind I found the right timing for my decision and that I could choose it by my own.\"

Kroos, 34, won the World Cup in 2014 with Germany and won three Bundesliga titles with Bayern Munich before four La Liga titles with Real Madrid. Kroos has also won the Champions League once with Bayern and four times with Real Madrid.

Via ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion