Hazard: Chelsea Not Made To Play Football, We're Good On The Counter

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Hazard: Chelsea Not Made To Play Football, We're Good On The Counter 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 1, 2014 12:41 am

Chelsea fell 3-1 to Atlético Madrid in the Champions League Semifinal after taking an early lead with a Fernando Torres goal.

Eden Hazard didn't appear to be at full healthy, but he spoke more existentially about Chelsea's tactics as he goes into a summer with an uncertain future at Stamford Bridge. 

"I don't know what we lacked," Hazard told beIN Sport. "After scoring, we had the game in our hands. Maybe they wanted it more than we did... It was an intense game. Beautiful to watch with opportunities. 

"I'm sad but logic has been respected because they deserved to qualify. 

"Chelsea is not made to play football. We're good on the counter, a little bit like Real against Bayern. 

"We did it well tonight since we scored. But their goal hurt us before the break. We failed to make the difference in the second half.  

"Often, I'm asked to do it all by myself and it's not easy. It was a complicated game. It will be a lesson for us regarding next year."

Hazard has been linked to Paris Saint-Germain and he previously told the media that he would have to consider a move if his wife insisted upon it.

Via Liam Twomey/Goal.com

JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Re: Hazard: Chelsea Not Made To Play Football, We're Good On 

Post#2 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu May 1, 2014 9:11 am

What a shame. Chelsea got so damn far, but fell short right at the front door of the Lisbon Finals. Actually it isn't shocking that Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are the two teams going.

I am putting my hat on Real to win. Ronaldo and Bale are going to tear them up, I don't think Chelsea would have been able to win them, so now Atletico gets the beating.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion