Liverpool Would Sell Sterling To Arsenal For Walcott, Gibbs

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Liverpool Would Sell Sterling To Arsenal For Walcott, Gibbs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:26 pm

Liverpool would only agree upon a deal with Arsenal involving Raheem Sterling if Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs are included.

Sterling would like to leave Liverpool after contract extension talks broke apart.

Sterling is free to leave in 2017, but he's widely expected to be sold before then.

Sources close to the deal have told ESPN FC that Liverpool has approached Arsenal about the possibility of swapping Sterling for left-back Gibbs and forward Walcott.

Walcott's current deal expires in 2016 and wants assurances he will play regular first team soccer.

Gibbs has found himself behind Nacho Monreal.

Manchester City remain the leaders for Sterling, placing a £40 million cash bid.

Via Miguel Delaney/ESPN

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Liverpool Would Sell Sterling To Arsenal For Walcott, Gibbs 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:50 pm

Theo + Gibbs > 40 mill from City?
Sir Cruz
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Sir Cruz » Wed Jun 3, 2015 2:22 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Theo + Gibbs > 40 mill from City?

Don't believe the hype. The Arsenal deal would never include both players. Better yet how much better is Sterling than a healthy in form Walcott..? Regardless, if the deal for theo and gibbs is real take it and run.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Rated T By CBRA » Wed Jun 3, 2015 12:30 pm

Sir Cruz wrote:

Don't believe the hype. The Arsenal deal would never include both players. Better yet how much better is Sterling than a healthy in form Walcott..? Regardless, if the deal for theo and gibbs is real take it and run.

I doubt Arsenal will do it, but the problem with Theo is the fact that he isn't healthy very often. I am sure that is why Arsenal are on the mend with him...healthy Theo = better finisher than Sterling. However, Sterling has yet to reach his peak...there's arguments to both sides.
Sir Cruz
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#5 » by Sir Cruz » Wed Jun 3, 2015 10:00 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
Sir Cruz wrote:

I doubt Arsenal will do it, but the problem with Theo is the fact that he isn't healthy very often. I am sure that is why Arsenal are on the mend with him...healthy Theo = better finisher than Sterling. However, Sterling has yet to reach his peak...there's arguments to both sides.

Arsenal will absolutely not do this. It threatens their champions league aspirations with miniscule gain if Liverpool can upgrade their roster. I really don't think Wenger knows what to do. He's accumulated many solid pieces but can't compliment them as a unit. IMO he needs to scratch his whole defensive line and start back to front.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion