Luis Suarez Statue Being Built In Uruguay

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Luis Suarez Statue Being Built In Uruguay 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 2, 2015 9:09 pm

A statue of Luis Suarez will be built in his hometown of Salto, Uruguay.

A statue, which has been backed by the Uruguayan Ministry of Tourism and Sport, will be unveiled on Dec. 18.

Media reports say Suarez is delighted with the statue as sculptor Alberto Morales Saravia said the sculpture will show Suarez wearing a Uruguay shirt “with his left arm resting by his side and his right raised with his trademark three fingers celebration with a ball by his foot.”

Via Joe Prince-Wright/ProSoccerTalk

Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Re: Luis Suarez Statue Being Built In Uruguay 

Post#2 » by Yallbecrazy » Thu Dec 3, 2015 4:26 am

He really is the best player in the world right now, and I'd put him top 5 ever
EuroPacer
Sixth Man
And1: 785

Post#3 » by EuroPacer » Thu Dec 3, 2015 5:28 pm

Yallbecrazy wrote:He really is the best player in the world right now, and I'd put him top 5 ever

I saw him play for FC Groningen, my 'Dutch' team and the team that took him to Europe, effectively launching his career and realised he was something special. He is the only (then young) player I have ever seen that came close to Arjen Robben, another Groningen youngster.
Vogel is Dutch for Bird.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#4 » by Foye » Thu Dec 3, 2015 5:59 pm

EuroPacer wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:He really is the best player in the world right now, and I'd put him top 5 ever

I saw him play for FC Groningen, my 'Dutch' team and the team that took him to Europe, effectively launching his career and realised he was something special. He is the only (then young) player I have ever seen that came close to Arjen Robben, another Groningen youngster.

Netherlands are a good spot for talented youngsters. Unfortunately not even PSV or Ajax can keep the stars in the league.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion