Roma Won't Increase Bid To Leicester City For Riyad Mahrez

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Roma Won't Increase Bid To Leicester City For Riyad Mahrez 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 am

Roma will not increase their offer to Leicester City for Riyad Mahrez.

The Foxes have turned down a transfer offer that would be a record for Roma.

Monchi told reporters ahead of Roma's friendly with Celta Vigo on Sunday: "In the last press conference I said we had bid what we believe to be a fair offer, which is also the biggest in the club's history. We won't bid again.

"We've conducted ourselves in the right way by talking to Leicester City. Now the ball is in their court. We're waiting for an answer. We're working on other options but we're relaxed given our squad is 90 per cent complete," added Monchi.

Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare, when asked about Mahrez on Wednesday, said: "He's been very focused and driven. He hasn't given me one problem where I've had to take him to one side and say, 'Oi, pull your finger out.'

"The commitment and energy levels in terms of training, and the respect that you should give your teammates, has all been there. He's had a professional attitude.

"And as long as I get that he'll be considered for selection and I have no qualms about picking him against Arsenal. If he doesn't, though, then he won't train with the group."

Via PA Sport

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion