Mohamed Salah Downplays Links To Real Madrid

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mohamed Salah Downplays Links To Real Madrid 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:33 pm

Mohamed Salah has attempted to distance himself from rumors linking him to Real Madrid.

Egypt manager Hector Cuper suggested a move to Real Madrid would suit Salah.

"I don't have much to say about that," Salah said. "If I must say anything, it is that I am happy at Liverpool."

Liverpool has lost Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in recent seasons.

"For the moment I am here [in England]," he said. "I want to focus on my team, and to end the season very well. I love the Premier League, the football here.

"Last year I did well at Roma but this year I am scoring more goals. I want to help the team to win trophies or be in a good position in the league, in my head I'm trying to do that. I [also] want to help my national team to get out of their group at the World Cup. These are my objectives for now, then we will see."

The height of Salah's ambition is shown when asked if he has thought of winning the Ballon d'Or.

"In football you never know," he responded. "That is the biggest dream, if I achieve it I will have reached the top. But I have already told you my objectives for this season."

Via Dermot Corrigan/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion