Isco: I'm More Confident With Spain Than Playing Under Zidane

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Isco: I'm More Confident With Spain Than Playing Under Zidane 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Isco admitted he feels more confident playing with the Spanish national team than he does Real Madrid.

Isco's standing with Zinedine Zidane has varied over their tenure working together. Isco scored a hattrick in Spain's 6-1 win over Argentina on Tuesday.

"In Madrid I don't have the confidence a player needs,'' Isco said in a postmatch interview with Marca. "The matches with the national team give me life. Here I have the confidence of the coach.

"I want to show that I'm a good player. Lopetegui shows me confidence with the minutes he gives me.

"Maybe I'm the problem in Madrid. I don't know how to win Zidane's confidence.''

Via PA Sport

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Re: Isco: I'm More Confident With Spain Than Playing Under Zidane 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:37 pm

It sounds to me like Isco is angling for a fat contract extension, so much of an increase in wages that Zidane would feel pressure from above if he didn't play him. Their main alternatives at this point are to sell a player that is blocking Isco from the starting XI (Modric?).

Koke has mentioned recently that if Isco is unfavored at Real, he could join Atletico. I would LOVE that, even though Isco is not a seamless fit for us. He's just too talented to pass up if the opportunity presented itself, especially at possession, which is IMO our biggest need on the pitch. But we can't afford his wage demands, and Real would let him rot on the bench before selling him to their cross-town rival. My guess is that he goes somewhere in the premier league, like Chelsea or Man U. He might even be makeweight bait in a transfer for their next Galactico (Hazard, Pogba).
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion