Eden Hazard Rules Out Playing For Another Premier League Club

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Eden Hazard Rules Out Playing For Another Premier League Club 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Eden Hazard has ruled out playing for another English club as he\'s on the verge of a move to Real Madrid.

Hazard\'s final match with Chelsea will likely be the Europa League Final against Arsenal.

“No chance, no chance,” he said when asked about someday playing for another club in England. “I am a Blue! It means a lot to me. I cannot play for another club in this country.

“When you play for Chelsea, at the start of the season people look at which trophies we can have at the end of May. We lost the EFL Cup final two months ago so, at the end of the season, this is one we can go for. It’s important.”

Hazard has no interest extending his contract beyond 2020.

Chelsea will continue talks aimed at securing close to their £100 million valuation for a player who could leave for nothing next summer.

“It is a European competition so for me, for the club, for the manager, for the fans, it is something important,” Hazard said. “When you play a final it does not matter whether it is the Champions League, Europa League or League Cup: you just want to win … If it is my last game, I hope to bring the trophy. My first trophy at Chelsea was the Europa League, so it would be a nice last trophy.”

Hazard suggested he would speak about his future only when an agreement has been struck. “At the moment, nothing has happened, so I can’t say anything. It’s in the hands of the clubs. But I can put it aside. I have done it during a full season right now, and I have played reasonably well. So I stay in that mode: just thinking about football. After the final, we will see what happens.”

Via Dominic Fifield/The Guardian

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion