Mauricio Pochettino Apologizes For Outburst At End Of Draw With City

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mauricio Pochettino Apologizes For Outburst At End Of Draw With City 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:48 pm

Mauricio Pochettino has apologized to Pep Guardiola and the match officials after his furious outburst at the end of Chelsea\'s 4-4 draw with Manchester City.

Pochettino argued with referee Anthony Taylor about stopping the match when Chelsea were searching for a fifth goal.

Pochettino failed to shake hands with Guardiola and was booked for the encounter with Taylor.

\"I need to apologize to Anthony [Taylor] and the officials,\" said Pochettino. \"In this moment, I feel Raheem [Sterling] can go through to score the fifth. In this moment when we finish the game, I turn to Anthony and say \'What the, you know, is going on? Why stop in this moment the action?\'

\"Then, I turned and said \'I deserve to be booked\' because yes, I crossed the limit. I want to apologize because it is not a good image for me and for football, this type of behavior.\"

Pushed on ignoring Guardiola at full time, Pochettino said: \"I want to apologize to him also. In this moment, I didn\'t see him. I was only focused on the action. So I want to apologize to Pep also.\"

Guardiola played down the incident when asked. \"No problem,\" he said. \"It is not a problem. I don\'t want to talk about that, it is fine. Everyone with the emotions, it happened to me sometimes. It\'s fine, honestly. I don\'t want you to misunderstand me, in the past it happened with Pochettino but it\'s fine. Completely, completely fine.\"

Via James Olley/ESP

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion