Mass Dispatch 51.0: The Winner...., and Lose all Warnings/Beat Howard Mass NFL Picks

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Mass Dispatch 51.0: The Winner...., and Lose all Warnings/Beat Howard Mass NFL Picks 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Aug 8, 2017 7:51 pm

Mass Dispatch 51.0

In this Edition of Mass Dispatch................

- The Winner of the 2017 Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational is revealed.

- How Users could make ALL of their warnings disappear.

- "Beat The Commish" NFL Picks

- Some Shout outs

- and "Inside The Administrator's Office" I tell of a story that might interest the Invitational Runners Up and anyone who aspires to become a Moderator.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter............

The Mass Matter: The Winner of The 2017 Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational

When the deadline to submit applications passed last week, 9 Users who wanted an opportunity to become a RealGM Moderator had applied to win that elusive interview with me.

It is not easy to put yourself out there and submit that PM although I do not consider PM'ing me that big of a thing. I'm always available and friendly to everyone.

The 9 Applicants varied in terms of years on RealGM, posts, User Files and overall applications.

These applications along with the Applicants file were reviewed by 64 present and past members of the RealGM Moderator Team.

They had a spirited discussion about these Users and their applicants that were amongst the best Moderator discussions in the past couple of years.

7 of the 9 Applicants received at least 1 vote from one of the 64 present ad past Moderators who participated.

To break the voting down.......

2 Applicants received no votes for 0 Percent of the vote
2 Applicants received 1 vote for 2 Percent of the vote a piece
1 Applicant received 2 votes for 3 Percent of the vote
1 Applicant received 3 votes for 5 Percent of the vote
1 Applicant received 6 votes for 9 Percent of the vote

However, it came down to two front runners who were neck and neck the whole way through the Moderator Vote. The lead changed hands a few times until one User pulled away on Monday during the final full day of voting with the runner-up receiving 24 votes (38 Percent) to 27 votes (42 Percent) for .......

The Winner of the 2017 Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational........

Spoiler:
Humanrefutation

I want to congratulate you on your victory and whenever you are ready, please contact me to schedule your hard-earned interview after which you will need to get 80% "Yes" votes from the participating voters of The RealGM Moderator Team to become a Moderator.

To the other 8 applicants, I want to thank you for participating and I will be contacting each of you with an honest assessment of your future Moderator prospects by the end of this coming weekend.

Even before that though, you will find a story in "Inside The Administrator's Office" about a past applicant for this Invitational who received just one vote and lots of reservations from the RealGM Moderator Team before going on to become a Moderator himself later on.

"Clean Slate" Returns

With The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational" in the interview stage, I am happy to announce that another competition is returning for a second year.

The "Clean Slate" Invitational is where Users can apply to have some of their warnings removed and one User could win a "Clean Slate" and have ALL of their warnings and infractions REMOVED from their record.

This competition also inspired our General NBA Board Account Reviews which Users have had a very high rate of success with.
Last year, The Moderators eventually choose to award "Clean Slates" to most if not all of the 10 Applicants.

I will have more details in the next Edition of Mass Dispatch.

Ohh and BTW, The Winner of last Year's "Clean Slate" Invitational went on to become a Moderator a few months later on our NBA Player Comparisons Forum.

"Beat The Commish"

"Beat The Commish" Weekly NFL picks against the spread will be returning for another season.

It is always a fun competition where Users get to make their weekly NFL picks for each game against the point spread.

Global Moderator bwgood77 will be running the competition again this year.

He has posted a thread on our General NFL Board if you'd like to sign up.

If you would like to contacted when is up, please feel free to PM me.

I look forward to going up against everyone again this year and see who can "Beat The Commish" in NFL Picks against the spread.

Shout outs

I have a few shout outs to various members of The RealGM Community.

Users having trouble with their Signatures and Avatars: There is now a thread on The Media Lounge Forum where Users can request help with their Signatures and Avatars.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1602227

A few Moderators and Users will be checking the thread to help people out. This is an area in which The Commish sucks so it is a much needed addition for our Users.

To Signature and Avatars Artists: Would anyone be interested in a competition where Signature and Avatar artists submit their designs for a new Signature for....

"The Commish"?

It would have a theme of Forum information.

If you would be interested, please send me a PM.

Users Who Get A Username Change: There is no need to make a follow up thank you. An And 1 will do if you want though. :D

All The Users Who Changed Their Bouncing E-Mail: Thank you so much for doing this.

Slartibartfast: I am happy to have you coming out of retirement to be a Boston Celtics Moderator once again.

"Inside The Administrator's Office"

While The Winner of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational is probably celebrating, the other 8 applicants and anyone who aspires to become a Moderator one day should not be discouraged.

The Invitational started off as a means to find Moderators for our NFL, MLB and NHL Forums. We had 2 NFL Invitationals and 1 a piece for MLB and NHL.

However, the second NFL Invitational only produced 4 applicants and due to a field that the RealGM Moderator Team was unenthusiastic about on their readiness to become Moderators, I decided to make the Invitational a once a year deal where Users could apply for any RealGM Forum. Please do know that I think 2 members of the field are quality posters including Gobert whose final interview changed some minds about him but in the end came up short.

Another User I do not think of much because they are now banned got 2 of the 12 votes cast.

The final User applied for our Carolina Panthers Forum and only got 1 vote finishing behind the User mentioned above who is now banned.

They did not let losing in this Invitational phase them though and less than a year later, you would not have known they were an Applicant in the Invitational.

This is because they now Moderate beside me on our Orlando Magic Forum and a few months ago, they turned down an opportunity to become a General NBA Board Moderator.

For those of you who have not figured it out, that Applicant who finished behind a now-banned User is SOUL.

So, if you were one of the 8 runners up in this Invitational or just someone who feels like they will never have the opportunity to become a Moderator, this is an example of how things can change quickly.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Re: Mass Dispatch 51.0: The Winner...., and Lose all Warnings/Beat Howard Mass NFL Picks 

Post#2 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks to Howard and the entire RealGM Moderating team for considering my application. I'm grateful to earn the majority of the votes from a competitive field of applicants. Cheers to you all!
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,568

Re: Mass Dispatch 51.0: The Winner...., and Lose all Warnings/Beat Howard Mass NFL Picks 

Post#3 » by Sofia » Wed Aug 9, 2017 6:21 am

FYI Howard, Mark K was issued a strike for not visiting us at the OTB.

This strike was delivered by Dupp who vomited on his carpet.

Hoping we don't have to give a strike 2.
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,665

Post#4 » by Diop » Wed Aug 9, 2017 10:39 am

Sofia wrote:FYI Howard, Mark K was issued a strike for not visiting us at the OTB.

strike 2 is a number 2?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#5 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:42 pm

Diop wrote:
Sofia wrote:FYI Howard, Mark K was issued a strike for not visiting us at the OTB.

strike 2 is a number 2?

On his carpet?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,050

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:53 pm

Click here if you are interested in participating in the NFL Picks (Beat the Commish) competition.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#7 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 9, 2017 9:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Click here if you are interested in participating in the NFL Picks (Beat the Commish) competition.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,747

Post#8 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Congrats HR.

Return to Mass Dispatch