Mass Dispatch 46.0: Kiss Your Warnings Goodbye; "Clean Slate", "Strike Amnesty"

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Mass Dispatch 46.0: Kiss Your Warnings Goodbye; "Clean Slate", "Strike Amnesty" 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:40 am

Mass Dispatch 46.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch..............

"Clean Slate" is finally here for the holidays and one Useer will win an opportunity to all of their warnings,Signature Violations, General Board Strikes, etc. removed from their record.

The Winter General NBA Board Strike Amnesty is also here.

An update on The "Beat The Commish" NFL Weekly Picks against the spread competition is given and yours truly is not one of the leaders as I am having a bad year/getting my ass kicked.

"Ask Howard" features a question from a User and my answer ends with "Man Up".

User is then recognized for the contributions they have made on several NBA Team Forums to start the season.

"Inside The Administrator's Office" features some new Moderators and Users who have received Special Ranks/Nicknames. I also have some holiday wishes for everyone.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter....................

"Clean Slate"

It's finally here.........

The opportunity that many of you have waited for and was previously delayed is finally here for the holidays.

From Wednesday December 19 through Tuesday December 27 at 11:59 PM EST Users may send in their application for a chance to win a “Clean Slate” On RealGM.

A “Clean Slate" would mean that ALL of your Warnings, General NBA Board Strikes Signature/Avatar/Location Line Violations, Individual Board Ban (s) and Suspension (s) wiped off your account in one fell swoop.

While only ONE User will get the opportunity to win a “Clean Slate”, others could be awarded some of the above off of their profile records and yes, every User has a file with all of those things that I mentioned above.
The Winner will be announced On New Year's Day and then they will get a chance to make their case to the entire RealGM Moderator Team for why they feel they should be given a "Clean Slate".

For those of you interested in applying, here are the Three Qualifications for “Clean Slate”

- Valid E-Mail on your RealGM Account. If you need to change the E-Mail on your account, just let me know and I'll do it for you.

- Users must have an appropriate Signature, Avatar and Location Line if they choose to use one. If you do not, you need to change the inappropriate ones before you send your PM.

- If an Applicant has a Duplicate and/or second account (s), they must disclose it in their account. While the other account (s) will be banned, The Applicant will have immunity and not have any action taken against their main account nor will it disqualify them from the competition. If this is your only account, just type “NO”

- After you list your answers to the above three qualifications, each applicant then is to in 100 words or less write why they feel they deserve a “Clean Slate” for their RealGM Forums Account.

Just in case anyone is confused, here is an example of what your application should look like as if I were filling out one for myself.

“Clean Slate” Sample Application

Username: Howard Mass

- My E-Mail address is Howard.Mass@realgm.com. and it is a valid E-Mail address.

- I have an Appropriate Avatar and Location Line. I do not have a Signature at the moment.

- Howard Mass is my only RealGM Account

Why I deserve a “Clean Slate”

Then, I would type in 100 words or less why I deserve a “Clean Slate”.

No one is getting any pointers though but if the response is even one word over 100, your application is null and void.

Applications may be submitted up until Sunday Christmas Day December 25 at 11:59 PM EST

A Committee of Moderators, Retired Moderators and Respect Users will then select one application next week and that User will then have a chance to win a "Clean Slate" On RealGM.

Some Users who do not make the cut could still also win some notes off of their profile. More details on that along with the Finalists will be revealed in the next edition of Mass Dispatch.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them in the thread stuck on The General NBA Board.

"General NBA Board Strike Amnesty"

It is that time of year again.

If you have strikes on our General NBA Board you may appeal to have one of them stricken from your record like it never happened.

The Winter Strike Amnesty Period starts Monday December 19 and runs until Thursday January 19 and The Appeals Committee has been approving the applications of more Users who have appealed their Read-Only Access Status recently so it certainly does not hurt to try.

Here are the rules.......

Who is eligible?

- Users with one strike
- Users who have Successfully Appealed Read-Only Access and have two strikes.

Who is Not?

- Users with Read-Only Access
- Users with full General NBA Board Bans

Other Important Notes

- Strikes committed during The Amnesty Period December 19-January 19 are not eligible to be appealed during this time.

- Each User is allowed only one appeal and it must be sent between December 19 and January 19

- To appeal, users must have no other infractions on The RealGM Forums for the past 6 months from the day the appeal is sent.

- For Information on what our General NBA Forum Moderator Appeals Committee is looking for in each appeal, be sure to read Mass Dispatch 3.0 on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

"Beat The Commish"

We are through 15 weeks of "Beat The Commish" and let's just say "The Commish" has sucked this year.

Here is an update from the man who is running this competition Globakl Moderator bwgood77

"The BTC NFL picks competition has been extremely competitive at the top for weeks, however, Dan2087 is pulling away a bit after this week, and has a 4 point lead going into MNF. However, there are many who are within range, and it has been very common for a leader to have a really bad week, while a couple others have a great week, and everything flips on a dime."

"Dan2087 has made 126 correct picks so far, but those who are not that far behind are ATL Boy with 122, Throwback24 with 120, RaoulDuke79, hermes and Stromile12 with 119, and JStock12, Triple 7 and Wo1verine (last year's champ) with 118, and many others right behind that group."

"It's been a great competition this year with 79 participants and the last couple of weeks will be interesting to see."

"Ask Howard"

We have one question this edition.

A User Who Wished To Be Anonymous Asked:

Can we please have Moderator Term-Limits?

Howard's Response:

Members of the RealGM Moderator Team volunteers their time to help police the forums and make every User's experience a better one here on RealGM.

It is a responsibility that is earned by Users and not all Users have what it takes to be a Moderator.

If we had term-limits, we would have to retire good Moderator talent and might not have replacements available that would help lead discussions for our Users.

What I think this really is though is these Users who want term-limits, actualy want the opportunity to be a Moderator themselves.
My advice is to keep being a good User and if a vacancy occurs, you might get a PM from me.

For those of you who post on forums where there never seems to be a vacancy or feel I do not notice you, there is one opportunity each summer for Users to apply to become a Moderator during The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational.

Maybe you do not win the interview with me but Users who have not won the interview like SOUL have eventually gone on to become Moderators.

At worst, I will explain your Moderator prospects to you and maybe that will guide you to having your name in blue.
All you got to do is man up and make your case.

Mass Dispatch User of The Dispatch

Ducler

Since I am doing these weekly or monthly anymore, there s no point in doing a weekly award.

However, if you are a poster on one of our NBA Team Forums and you do not have a game thread ready to go come gametime, you will have Ducler come on by and get one started.

This has been very appreciated by many Users and Moderators across the Forums and it has definitely earned this User The Mass Dispatch User of The Dispatch.

For winning this award, Ducler will be receivinbg an honorary rank/Nickname under their Username and invite them to contact me via PM so we can discuss exactly what that will do.

Congratulations to Ducler!

"Inside The Administrator's Office"

Lots has been happening in my office the past few months.

Several new Moderators have been appointed

NuggetsWY (Denver Nuggets)
IggleCC (Miami Heat)
Calinks (Minnesota Timber Wolves)
batsmasher (Phoenix Suns)
qwigglez (Phoenix Suns)
Inigo Montoya (Utah Jazz)
Jwise44 (General Off-Topic Board)

They were all solid additions and I felt very fortunate in each case that we came away with a great candidate who fits the emphasis I have placed on activeness and starting topics.

Each of these candidates was also either choice 1A or 1B. It makes the process easier when you know this person stands out and is likely ready to step in on day one pending of course their sit down with me and those all went great. Each of these forums above has a small to large bench of Users for the next vacancy and yes, that is no typo for that last forum. The General Off-Topic has two Users who I feel are capable of being Moderators.

I welcome all of these new Moderators to the team.

Some Users also got other Special Ranks/Nicknames

These New York Knicks Users and all have "Knicks Forum" before their Special Rank/Nickname including one who has turned an opportunity to be a Moderator Candidate in the past.

bNo - Contrarian
Bish - Game Commish
LJ4 - The GM King
Wingo - Grandpa's Law
Rasho Brezec - Euro Scout
br7 - The Professor
Triple C - The Good News
Ibrahiem - Point God
Shamgod - Crazy Board Uncle
King of Canada - King of Canada
Poochie - Jose Cuervo Man
2010 - A Helluva Poster

The Oklahoma City Thunder Moderators also gave this User a Special/Rank/Nickname

Thabo Sefolosha (The Opening Tip)

Congratulations to all of these new Moderators and Users for their promotions or Special Ranks/Nicknames.

On a final note, I am glad the holidays are finally here and cannot wait for my first day off in over two months on Christmas Eve which I am also naming for myself "Howard sits on his ass day". If any User causes trouble that day, you will feel my wrath.

I do hope everyone has a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah/Happy Holidays/Sit on your ass day or whatever you celebrate with your families. All of you are valuable to us and I appreciate having all of you around.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Mass Dispatch 46.0: Kiss Your Warnings Goodbye; "Clean Slate", "Strike Amnesty" 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Congratulation Ducler, and thank you from us mods that do not put in the time to put together game threads, yours are great.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Mass Dispatch 46.0: Kiss Your Warnings Goodbye; "Clean Slate", "Strike Amnesty" 

Post#3 » by Slava » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Ducler is awesome.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#4 » by IggieCC » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Congratulations IggleCC
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#5 » by DayofMourning » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:42 pm

IggieCC wrote:Congratulations IggleCC

Is that what they call them white headed birds where you come from?
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#6 » by IggieCC » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:47 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Congratulations IggleCC

Is that what they call them white headed birds where you come from?

:rofl:

Keep up the good work Howard! :clap: :bowdown:
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#7 » by IggieCC » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Kiss your warnings Goodboy; "Chest hurt. brb"
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#8 » by goodboy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm not doing this, I'm not
Bright
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#9 » by Han Solo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:52 am

Let me back into the General Board.. haha It's been long enough..
goodboy
RealGM

Post#10 » by goodboy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:01 am

Han Solo wrote:Let me back into the General Board.. haha It's been long enough..

this
Bright
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#11 » by Tirion » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Inappropriate, childish, immature comments are not allowed - MD
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#12 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Goodboy and the ghost of Han Solo (RIP :( ), give it a shot! Everyone who's thinking about it should go for it. Nothing to lose.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#13 » by Howard Mass » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:36 pm

goodboy wrote:I'm not doing this, I'm not

You should go for it.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
goodboy
RealGM

Post#14 » by goodboy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Howard Mass wrote:

You should go for it.

I applied last year on the clean slate contest HM. Can I just copy paste my previous response to you for this year too? :reporter:
Bright
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,055

Post#15 » by Dirk » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:38 pm

In honour of IggieC becoming a mod, the Miami Heat have just announced a 5 year extension with Josh McRoberts.
60/21/10
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#16 » by DayofMourning » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:50 pm

goodboy wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

You should go for it.

I applied last year on the clean slate contest HW. Can I just copy paste my previous response to you for this year too? :reporter:

To make it sound more professional, you should try not abbreviating. For example, "My chest hurts. I will be right back." sounds better.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#17 » by goodboy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:24 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
goodboy wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
You should go for it.

I applied last year on the clean slate contest HW. Can I just copy paste my previous response to you for this year too? :reporter:

To make it sound more professional, you should try not abbreviating. For example, "My chest hurts. I will be right back." sounds better.

Alright sent. Fingers crossed, thanks DoM.
Bright
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#18 » by magnumt » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Huge fans of both dulcer & Thabo Sefolosha. Both are tremendous joys to have around RGM.

To the new Mods:

Spoiler:

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#19 » by bondom34 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:04 am

Congrats Ducler and Thabo!

To all new mods:

When in doubt, just ban them.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#20 » by pelifan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:02 am

46.0? Seems like you are way overdue for a re-branding

Return to Mass Dispatch