Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and......

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Re: Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and...... 

Post#21 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:37 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:Can I get clean slate for Lakers board? I'm sure they miss me, it's time come together

you would insightful and engaging posts on the Laker board such as....?

Make the Lakers great again?

well we'll see how you do on the popular vote... no electoral college in Purple and Gold Country.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Re: Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and...... 

Post#22 » by Bill Pidto » Wed Jan 4, 2017 1:56 pm

My app wasn't a winner, but I appreciate the chance anyway. I will try again. In 100 words or less, I didn't get to actually apologize for the incident that got me canned and I probably should have. I am indeed sorry.

I generally hate when people start beef on this site. Usually my posts are pretty light-hearted, and I enjoy making friends here, because being friends with people who like NBA basketball as much as I do comes easy. But things got a little heated that day over a touchy subject (D-Rose's civil case), and I came to the defense of the Knicks PG a little too passionately, and was very condescending to 2 different posters before that thread even reached 2 pages. Bad move.

At first I was PO'd, but I realized shortly after that Slava did the right thing. This is just basketball, folks. I could have saved this all for a private message to Howard, but I think other people should read this as an example of what not to do. Maybe it will stop just one poster from overreacting to something and getting banned. This site is great and being banned sux. But, most importantly, it's really just better to get along with people in general, because life is too short to be angry and confrontational. Especially over something that's supposed to be fun like sports.

No matter where you come from or what team you root for, we all absolutely have one thing in common, and that is our love for this game. And as much as I love the Knicks and love posting on the Knicks forum, there's no board on RealGM that better represents the way the NBA brings us all together than the GB, despite all the bickering that takes place there. And maybe that's the point. We should all do our part to make it a more pleasant place to talk hoops. It's okay to disagree, it's okay to be passionate, and it's okay to be funny. But we should all keep it clean and respectful, otherwise the quality of conversation will deteriorate faster than the Knicks' playoff chances with so many people posting. Hats off to the mods who do a great job of trying to balance that every day.

I hope to be back on the GB soon. Thanks again, Howard. And thanks again to all the mods who participated in the voting.. even the ones who didn't vote for me :D
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,613

Post#23 » by kyphi » Fri Jan 6, 2017 12:45 am

Danny Darko wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:Can I get clean slate for Lakers board? I'm sure they miss me, it's time come together

you would insightful and engaging posts on the Laker board such as....?

just as much as on other boards 8-)
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#25 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jan 9, 2017 5:44 pm

I just wanted to announce that one of the "Clean Slate" Runner Ups is receiving a "Clean Slate" Vote this week by The RealGM Moderators.

It's possible others could follow.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#26 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 am

is there a reason i have a new status as a realgm poster? you start off as ballboy, and i got up to RealGM (10000 posts?)

what's with my new status? am i in trouble?

I'm, the professor. not complaining, i like it. is it because i'm a teacher?
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#27 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:26 am

br7knicks wrote:is there a reason i have a new status as a realgm poster? you start off as ballboy, and i got up to RealGM (10000 posts?)

I can't be 100% sure, but I believe it's because you are a distinguished expert on the english language. It's an honor. However, someone may be able to elaborate more on the thought process.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Post#28 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 am

Howard, please give me clean slate due to my And1's and post count.
br7knicks

Post#29 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:is there a reason i have a new status as a realgm poster? you start off as ballboy, and i got up to RealGM (10000 posts?)

I can't be 100% sure, but I believe it's because you are a distinguished expert on the english language. It's an honor. However, someone may be able to elaborate more on the thought process.

ahhh, i'm the grammar police, :lol:. i actually know what this may be from if that's the case. it was during our BAT when there was a, "whoever versus whomever," debate.
RIP, magnumt '19

Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#30 » by Maroko » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Dear Howie,

I was banned because of 2 gifs and i will rise again by my gifs. Every member has his own skill

Free me and i will dynamize the official NBA media thread like he should be 8-)
nick21frayed
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#31 » by nick21frayed » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 am

I had asked for my PM to not be submitted to the voters but apparently I did not communicate that clearly enough.

When the boss asks something like 'is this a serious application?' you know its time to hit the delete/reset button, Right? :crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#32 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 am

nick21frayed wrote:I had asked for my PM to not be submitted to the voters but apparently I did not communicate that clearly enough.

When the boss asks something like 'is this a serious application?' you know its time to hit the delete/reset button, Right? :crazy:

You show up in one of your first posts just to mock another poster? Not the best start.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Post#33 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 am

Or he made a new account to get a "clean slate"...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 am

Potty Fingers wrote:Or he made a new account to get a "clean slate"...

Probably just genuinely interested new poster who is a fan of all those NY teams listed from Hong Kong I'm sure.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#35 » by magnumt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:26 pm

You were part of the 1st group of Knicks posters/vets we gave new nickname titles too as an honor for your activity & contributions to the NY board. :D

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
br7knicks

Post#36 » by br7knicks » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:03 pm

magnumt wrote:

You were part of the 1st group of Knicks posters/vets we gave new nickname titles too as an honor for your activity & contributions to the NY board. :D

--Mags

Haha, love it. You're the best, mags! :thumbsup:
RIP, magnumt '19

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:41 am

I also wanted to give users a reminder that the twice a year Strike Amnesty period ends in a week, and wanted to reiterate, what Howard mentioned in Mass Dispatch 46.0, which is,

"General NBA Board Strike Amnesty"

It is that time of year again.

If you have strikes on our General NBA Board you may appeal to have one of them stricken from your record like it never happened.

The Winter Strike Amnesty Period starts Monday December 19 and runs until Thursday January 19 and The Appeals Committee has been approving the applications of more Users who have appealed their Read-Only Access Status recently so it certainly does not hurt to try.

Here are the rules.......

Who is eligible?

- Users with one strike
- Users who have Successfully Appealed Read-Only Access and have two strikes.

Who is Not?

- Users with Read-Only Access
- Users with full General NBA Board Bans

Other Important Notes

- Strikes committed during The Amnesty Period December 19-January 19 are not eligible to be appealed during this time.

- Each User is allowed only one appeal and it must be sent between December 19 and January 19

- To appeal, users must have no other infractions on The RealGM Forums for the past 6 months from the day the appeal is sent.

- For Information on what our General NBA Forum Moderator Appeals Committee is looking for in each appeal, be sure to read Mass Dispatch 3.0 on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

For more details and questions on whether or not you have one strike, please ask those questions in the thread stickied on the general board here... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1500226 and one of the mods there will make sure to answer any questions you may have.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#38 » by Maroko » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:10 am

Will it be crazy to imagine every team board (the mods of course) push for one of their member ?
Since you cant post in the GB, they are more appropriate to judge how you were behaving and how you were contributing to the team board.

I am not advocating for myself as they are many posters ahead of me in the heat forum

Million And1 for you goodboy

Spoiler:

And yes it's my creation 8-)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 am

Maroko wrote:Will it be crazy to imagine every team board (the mods of course) push for one of their member ?
Since you cant post in the GB, they are more appropriate to judge how you were behaving and how you were contributing to the team board.

I am not advocating for myself as they are many posters ahead of me in the heat forum

Million And1 for you goodboy

Spoiler:

And yes it's my creation 8-)

Not necessarily. I haven't pushed for a Suns poster at all, though one didn't apply. But sure, mods who know a poster and their habits might chime in with thoughts. You didn't apply though did you? If you think you deserve to have Read Only Access lifted on the General Board, send Howard an appeal.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#40 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:05 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that three of the nine "Clean Slate" runner Ups have been awarded a "Clean Slate".

The other 6 could still get one.

The Three who have been awarded "Clean Slates" will be notified within the next 48 hours.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Mass Dispatch