MD: 54.0: "The Winner and New....", Play NFL Picks Against The Spread; GB Account Reviews

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

MD: 54.0: "The Winner and New....", Play NFL Picks Against The Spread; GB Account Reviews 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Sep 4, 2018 8:05 pm

Mass Dispatch 54.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch.............

"The Winner of The 2018 Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator"? Invitational and If they will become A Moderator.

We also examine the issues of PM's still being in one's outbox including some Users who have not yet seen mine.

"Beat The Commish" NFL Picks against the spread is back and we are looking for signups.

Finally, the upcoming rush of General NBA Board Account Review Requests is coming and it would be best to get your account Reviews in soon.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.................

The Mass Matter: "The Winner of The 2018 Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator"? Invitational .......and their fate

A few weeks ago, The Annual Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational was announced and 8 Users decided to enter the competition.

It takes a lot of guts to send me that PM and put yourself out there. Some Users who said they were planning to do it, never did.
Sending the PM is just one part.

Your application is also judged by The members of the current RealGM Moderator Team and some Retired Moderators. I get no vote whatsoever.

Every applicant gets the results and an honest assessment of their future Moderator Prospects.

When the results were tabulate, it was obvious the voting members were not impressed overall with the field of 8 applicants.

Only 2 of the 8 applicants received votes and just 27 voting members cast a vote versus 64 for last year's Invitational.

To be fair, some of the other 6 applicants were simply new or did not have much of a track record but the majority had a long stack of warnings.

Of the two applicants who received votes, one received 23 votes for 85 percent of the vote and the other received 4 votes for 15 percent.

The Winner of the 2018 Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational......................

Spoiler:
Jake0890

As a result of winning The Invitational, they earned an interview with yours truly for a chance to become a RealGM Moderator.
While I had no say in the vote, if I had, they would have been the clear choice for me as they have always brought energy to the Forums and in my previous PM's with them, had known them to love this Forum.

They did have their interview with me and then it went to the same committee of current and retired Moderators where they needed 85 percent "YES" votes to become a Moderator.

I felt it went very well and so did 37 of the 41 members for 90 percent of the vote 5 percent more than they needed.

With this.........
Spoiler:
Jake0890 is the newest member of the RealGM Moderator Team and will become a Moderator On our Indiana Pacers and Indianapolis Colts Forums On Wednesday September 5.

Spoiler:
Congratulations to the newest member of The RealGM Moderator Team: Jake0890

"Beat The Commish" NFL Picks Against The Spread

Users and Moderators will have a chance every week to "Beat The Commish" and compete against each other in selecting the Weekly NFL Picks against the spread

We are doing this again this year and here is a message from Global Moderator Bwgood77

" We are running, Beat the Commish NFL Picks Against the Spread Competition this year and there are only a few days left to join, if you'd like to have some fun and test your skills against the rest of RealGM.

It only takes a couple minutes to join and also to make your picks each week, and you can change them up to kick off. Your worst week will be dropped, so no worries if you completely forget one week, you are not out of it, that will just end up being your week dropped.

- --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - --- - ---
Group Info:
Link:
http://fantasy.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2018/en/group?groupID=101036

Password: basketball
Please use RealGM username for name of entry (or espn account or both)
Previous edition: http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2017/en/group?groupID=101036
GRAND WINNER: The Penguin
Spoiler:

When does it start?
Try to register and submit your entry no later than the first game of the NFL season - Thursday, September 6th, at 8:00 pm ET. But if you forget to sign up by then, you can still sign up prior to the games on Sunday and get to pick the rest of the games for the season. Probably about half of the participants will pick the first game incorrectly anyway.
How to Play?
1. Join group. Pick an entry name that matches your RealGM username. If you don't already have an account, you can click on "Play Now for Free" and it will ask you to log in or create an account and you can create account there. Many participants use their realgm username for their espn account and their contest entry name.
2. Check your user settings here. Enable Group email and Reminder Email, so you don't miss picks any week.
Rules
[*] Each Tuesday, spreads will be posted on ESPN for the the upcoming week.

[*] Lock-time. All entries will use a rolling lock which allows a player to pick any game that has yet to kick off. Selections submitted after the deadlines are considered invalid, and no points will be received. It is good to make preliminary picks a few days before the games and adjust your picks leading up to the games as you see fit to eliminate the chance of forgetting to make any picks that week at all.

[*] Overall tie-breaker - higher number of points scored (correct picks) for Week 17.
Competition
Beat the Commish Champion
The player with the highest number of correct picks throughout the season wins the title.

Each correct winning pick will receive one (1) point. Points are not lost for incorrect picks. Picking every game, every week is essential.

However, to ensure people don't drop out if they forget a week or have a terrible week, each entry will have their lowest scoring week dropped from their score. "[/quote]

There are PM's In My Outbox:

Every couple of weeks, a User will PM me and ask "Why is this PM that I sent still in my Outbox?"

Well, the reason for this is The User has not yet read it.

In total, I have 79 PM's in my Outbox going back all the way to 2004. A lot of them are from Users who are now banned or Moderators who have long since departed..

However, there are some recent ones that really frustrate me.

This is because the E-Mail they currently have attached to their account is bouncing off of our notifications system and when that happens, it sends me an E-Mail and my inbox can be stuffed with these E-Mails.

The following Users have either not seen my PM or need to get back to me about switching their E-Mail address to a valid one.

birlik54
dham1974
gomavs
jakecronus8
jmb987
lakerz12
M_1
SactownHrtBrks8
SlayOrNay
Soupman
wadeskywalker

Please note that one of these above Users has no E-Mail issue but simply has never read the results of their General NBA Board Account Review and are the only User who has not yet done so.

I have no ill will towards any of these Users but PLEASE check your PM's and/or get back to me. :D

No General NBA Board Access?

As NBA Training Camp is fast approaching and the dead season is ending, a lot of Users have started inquiring about Account Reviews to get their General NBA Board Read-Only Access Overturned or Strike Count reduced.

I would suggest requesting those reviews immediately so our General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee can review them.

If anyone needs to know their Strike Count, just make a post in this thread and I'll then PM you. :D

Contact Us

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Re: MD: 54.0: "The Winner and New....", Play NFL Picks Against The Spread; GB Account Reviews 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 4, 2018 8:49 pm

Congrats Jake
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Re: MD: 54.0: "The Winner and New....", Play NFL Picks Against The Spread; GB Account Reviews 

Post#3 » by Jake0890 » Wed Sep 5, 2018 12:09 am

Heyyyyyooo!

8-)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 5, 2018 3:42 am

Jake0890 wrote:Heyyyyyooo!

8-)

Congrats man!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:58 am

8-)

It will happen tonight. :D

Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#6 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 5, 2018 7:29 pm

is there a reason why my Account Review Request keeps being ignored?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Wed Sep 5, 2018 10:30 pm

Spintown wrote:is there a reason why my Account Review Request keeps being ignored?

Spintown,

Have you sent me a PM?

Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#8 » by Spintown » Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:31 am

I sent one about a month ago.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 6, 2018 12:40 pm

Spintown wrote:I sent one about a month ago.

Spintown,

Please re-send.

Thanks!

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#10 » by truth18 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:54 pm

8-)

Congrats, man!!!

Is the basic search feature of this website ever going to return?

NFL pick-em contests on an NBA forum are fun but perhaps we should fix the basic infrastructure of the website first. Just a thought.
YOU LOSE

Return to Mass Dispatch