OT: If soccer was the #1 sport in USA

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Re: OT: If soccer was the #1 sport in USA 

Post#241 » by aggerrard » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:37 pm

aggerrard wrote:No one cares about american football, besides americans. Might be some fans around the world, but they don't play it. The world cares about football and rugby, and american football is a combination between those two that no one, besides america have picked up.

And just to quote myself. I've played Madden for years, wasted weeks on that game. Also enjoying highlights on YouTube. I just don't enjoy watching the games live - really feel like it lacks action and actual playtime. 11 minutes of play time, when the game itself takes more than 3 hours. I think that's a reason why it hasn't evolved world-wide. It doesn't have the action-factor or appeal to really grow on a global scale - a sport like basketball does.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#242 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:47 pm

aggerrard wrote:
aggerrard wrote:No one cares about american football, besides americans. Might be some fans around the world, but they don't play it. The world cares about football and rugby, and american football is a combination between those two that no one, besides america have picked up.

And just to quote myself. I've played Madden for years, wasted weeks on that game. Also enjoying highlights on YouTube. I just don't enjoy watching the games live - really feel like it lacks action and actual playtime. 11 minutes of play time, when the game itself takes more than 3 hours. I think that's a reason why it hasn't evolved world-wide. It doesn't have the action-factor or appeal to really grow on a global scale - a sport like basketball does.

I think the rest of the World just doesn't get it. :wink:

American Football is my favorite sport by far. No other sport can contend with it imo. But yes, there are too many stoppages. Especially when you watch a game on television.

Have you watched the NFL Redzone Channel by chance? It's great. It show's all the games on Sundays without commercials. It's like crack for Football fans. No joke. :lol:

I'm the same way with Basketball. I don't watch live games, but I'll watch highlights. Same goes for Soccer. Unless Liverpool are playing of course. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#243 » by aggerrard » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
aggerrard wrote:

American Football is my favorite sport by far. No other sport can contend with it imo. But yes, there are too many stoppages. Especially when you watch a game on television.

Have you watched the NFL Redzone Channel by chance? It's great. It show's all the games on Sundays without commercials. It's like crack for Football fans. No joke. :lol:

I'm the same way with Basketball. I don't watch live games, but I'll watch highlights. Same goes for Soccer. Unless Liverpool are playing of course. :wink:

Just a matter of culture i guess.
Could prob translate it to religion. More likely to become religous growing up in a religious family or country/culture. = more likely to become an NFL fan growing up in a country/culture where NFL is the ****. :lol:

Haven't watched that channel. I'll try and remember it and give it a chance a Sunday.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#244 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:20 pm

aggerrard wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
aggerrard wrote:And just to quote myself. I've played Madden for years, wasted weeks on that game. Also enjoying highlights on YouTube. I just don't enjoy watching the games live - really feel like it lacks action and actual playtime. 11 minutes of play time, when the game itself takes more than 3 hours. I think that's a reason why it hasn't evolved world-wide. It doesn't have the action-factor or appeal to really grow on a global scale - a sport like basketball does.

Could prob translate it to religion. More likely to become religous growing up in a religious family or country/culture. = more likely to become an NFL fan growing up in a country/culture where NFL is the ****. :lol:

Haven't watched that channel. I'll try and remember it and give it a chance a Sunday.

The sport is somewhat similar to rugby. But better.

It's amazing. It's basically 6 hours (1-7pm EST) of Football without commercials every Sunday during the season (Sept-Jan.). They show every game. so if you're into fantasy you get to see every big play & score.

Needless to say, I don't get much done on Sundays. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#245 » by aggerrard » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
aggerrard wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I think the rest of the World just doesn't get it. :wink:

The sport is somewhat similar to rugby. But better.

It's amazing. It's basically 6 hours (1-7pm EST) of Football without commercials every Sunday during the season (Sept-Jan.). They show every game. so if you're into fantasy you get to see every big play & score.

Needless to say, I don't get much done on Sundays. :wink:

Never watched a minute of rugby in my life (ok, maybe 10-15 minutes on YouTube). So i'm not one of those who watches that. Just stated the world mainly are preferring that to american football, with it being huge in Australia, South Africa, GB etc :lol:
peace forever
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#246 » by peace forever » Sat Aug 8, 2020 7:24 pm

in future, mls = best league
maradro
Senior
And1: 357

Post#247 » by maradro » Mon Aug 7, 2023 12:36 pm

Hadn't seen this thread, nor read it entirely, but going by the first two pages I'm glad we're all in agreement that if basketball were the top sport in Argentina, they would become the best basketball country on earth.

That's how this works right?

Return to Major League Soccer