Toronto FC Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

azorian
Veteran
And1: 1,660

Re: Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#1041 » by azorian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Man some of you guys are rough. Those of you knocking this are just as bad as leaf fans or even the espns that knock our own fan base.

The MLS are trying to grow a league. The TFC have an amazing fan base. Rabid. It's only going to get bigger and better across the entire league.

Should the rest of the world stop playing just because their team isn't in the biggest league in the world?

Enjoy it.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
binjumper
Veteran
And1: 3,784

Post#1042 » by binjumper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 am

azorian wrote:Man some of you guys are rough. Those of you knocking this are just as bad as leaf fans or even the espns that knock our own fan base.

The MLS are trying to grow a league. The TFC have an amazing fan base. Rabid. It's only going to get bigger and better across the entire league.

Should the rest of the world stop playing just because their team isn't in the biggest league in the world?

Enjoy it.

Bingo. The best sports experience I've had is at a TFC game and I am a basketball first type of guy. I only got into soccer about 3-4 years ago. My friend ended up selling me one of his season tickets in supporter section and I've never looked back. In Soccer the fan hype up the stadium compared to other sports where the hype crew try to hype up the arena. It's a different experience and I feel like it's more enjoyable.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 65,176

Post#1043 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:32 pm

T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,969

Post#1044 » by T-d0t » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:18 pm

Van der Wiel to TFC, seems like an upgrade and a half from Beitashour on paper.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#1045 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:34 pm

T-d0t wrote:Van der Wiel to TFC, seems like an upgrade and a half from Beitashour on paper.

Great signing especially since we have very little wiggle room to add players.

The league really needs to raise the salary cap a little bit.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1046 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 am

Colorado Rapids vs. Toronto FC
2018 CONCACAF Champions League – Round of 16, Leg 1
Dicks Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City
10 pm ET – Feb. 20, 2018
WATCH: TSN2 (Canada)

After the shortest off season ever, TFC soccer is back tomorrow night.

Cheer on the lads as they enter Champions League, trying to be the first MLS team to win it all in the modern era!
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,044

Post#1047 » by JaysRule15 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 am

Gonna try to watch a lot more TFC this year. Hopefully we can repeat.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1048 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:04 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Gonna try to watch a lot more TFC this year. Hopefully we can repeat.

I know obviously a lot can happen, but on paper our team is even better this season.

My main concern is between the regular season, Champions League, and the Canadian Championship, that's a lot of soccer for one team to play. Hopefully we don't burn out before the playoffs. Our depth will have to remain strong.
rocky_da_best
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,869

Post#1049 » by rocky_da_best » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:01 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:Gonna try to watch a lot more TFC this year. Hopefully we can repeat.

I know obviously a lot can happen, but on paper our team is even better this season.

My main concern is between the regular season, Champions League, and the Canadian Championship, that's a lot of soccer for one team to play. Hopefully we don't burn out before the playoffs. Our depth will have to remain strong.

The team on paper may be better but you have to question if their desire is gonna be there as much this season as last season. Last year they were fueled by the bitterness of losing at home in a final. What's going to fuel them this year? It's always a lot tougher to repeat as champions because team's are giving you their best shot and last season's historic season is going to be difficult to match. However, hoping they set more history! Priority should be Champions League this season so tomorrow's opener is crucial. Need to get an away goal (I'm assuming CONCACAF has the same rules as UEFA).
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,216

Post#1050 » by Inklink » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:19 am

Yes Champions League is the big focus this year!

It's going to be frigid in Colorado tomorrow, but hoping the Reds give those high mofos a good beating!
For lease.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1051 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

The team on paper may be better but you have to question if their desire is gonna be there as much this season as last season. Last year they were fueled by the bitterness of losing at home in a final. What's going to fuel them this year? It's always a lot tougher to repeat as champions because team's are giving you their best shot and last season's historic season is going to be difficult to match. However, hoping they set more history! Priority should be Champions League this season so tomorrow's opener is crucial. Need to get an away goal (I'm assuming CONCACAF has the same rules as UEFA).

Yes, same rules, so one or two away goals would really set the tone.

Champions League should be the focus over the regular season in my opinion. We'll make the playoffs anyway, we don't have to be the 1st seed. Though, that would be nice too, haha.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1052 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Inklink wrote:Yes Champions League is the big focus this year!

It's going to be frigid in Colorado tomorrow, but hoping the Reds give those high mofos a good beating!

High altitude, low temperatures... It's going to be a tough game.
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,018

Post#1053 » by mieshpal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 pm

can't believe the season is already back on. Gunna be interesting to see how they come out against Colorado. Amazing year last year so I can't be upset if they are a little sluggish out of the gate, but hopefully they play well and make a run in champions league.....maybe Vince Carter will sign with TFC smh

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
batman54
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,378

Post#1054 » by batman54 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:15 pm

I thought is was pretty clever of TFC to go train in Mexico City for a week to get acclimated in to the altitude.

Unfortunately it seems like they should have added Winnipeg to the itinerary also, given the temps in Colorado for tonight.

Weather is so weird out there. I've seen it 65 degrees and sunny in February, and snowing at beginning of June. (I used to work in Boulder a bit).. but around 0 F is really cold for Denver area.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1055 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:39 am

Game time, 10:00PM, TSN2.

Who's watching?
azorian
Veteran
And1: 1,660

Post#1056 » by azorian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 am

I'm pumped.

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1057 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:10 am

I can't believe it's -15 there right now. Too cold for soccer.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,631

Post#1058 » by Lord Eder » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 am

LittleOzzy wrote:I can't believe it's -15 there right now. Too cold for soccer.

The snow banks in the corners of the field are hilarious
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Ramako
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#1059 » by Ramako » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:01 am

I'm new to this... does the MLS regular season happen at the same time as the Champions League? Like... they'll alternate games between them?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1060 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:31 am

Ramako wrote:I'm new to this... does the MLS regular season happen at the same time as the Champions League? Like... they'll alternate games between them?

Yes, they are all played at the same time. Champions League starts first, but the regular season is only a couple weeks away.

They will also have the Canadian Championship in the middle of the summer, so the schedule gets very busy.

Return to Major League Soccer