Toronto FC Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: OT: MLS Cup Final Discussion - TFC WINS!!! 

Post#1021 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Top class fans!
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,903

Post#1022 » by Potential » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Man if the Raptors ever win a championship I will cry my eyes out. We've went through too much.

The Leafs will be winning one in June tho. Can't wait for the NHL playoffs
Raptors_Dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 8,943

Post#1023 » by Raptors_Dynasty » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Damn footage looks lit, I should've tuned in
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#1024 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:40 pm

From my experience, the average TFC fan knows a lot about soccer in general. Yes, there are many casuals in the summer that go out to the games. But once the weather dips, and the games still sell out, that's when you know majority are die hard. It isn't the same for the Jays, or even the Raptors for that matter, where majority are casuals that go out to the games and can't even name one player on the other team.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,895

Post#1025 » by Agimat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
Agimat wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:Toronto now needs an Overwatch team.

lmaooo!! if you play let me know bruh

Used to, but I got tired of dealing with 14 year olds that think they're playing Call of Duty and play Ana like she's a DPS. Don't even have my PS4 anymore. Now I just keep up with the competitive scene, partly because I think it's the most aesthetically pleasing video game out there as a spectator, and two to see if Blizzard can actually turn the OWL into a legit league.

:lol: I feel yah, I actually watched some of the OWL highlights it's actually watchable even moreso with all the changes they made (color outfit, banner, color effect etc.), but for a new audience they gotta have basic knowledge for them to understand whats going on. If you havent watch Korea vs USA world cup you've got to watch it f**kn intense lol

Gratz to the Tdot FC!!
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#1026 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:18 pm

This is great. Two toronto teams now, at least one more to go.

I'm not a soccer fan, but I can't help but realize this country has immigrants from all the major soccer playing countries. Why can't Canada find 20 damn players from the bunch that can qualify for the world cup? In short, what's the future of soccer in this country?
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Dyabolikal
Pro Prospect
And1: 292

Post#1027 » by Dyabolikal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Patman wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:Image

Congrats. Michael Bradley was a beast
this guy is underrated when talking about the biggest scrubs to put on a raps jersey, he's up there with Hoffa and alabi.

We've had some awful players. But if you exclude guys that were not expected to contribute (i.e. no Mengke Bateer or Sebastian Telfair), then Michael Bradley is up there.

I always thought it was crazy that the man has highest FG% of all time for NCAA players since 1992-1993, when full stats are available :o https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/leaders/fg-pct-player-career.html

Anyways, congrats to TFC! :rockon:
Jakay wrote:We all know PER is just a quantifiable percentage for Players Emulating Rasho anyway, which is why no one, not even Rasho, can even crack 40.
Shimso
Starter
And1: 2,703

Post#1028 » by Shimso » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Garlic Sauce wrote:This is great. Two toronto teams now, at least one more to go.

I'm not a soccer fan, but I can't help but realize this country has immigrants from all the major soccer playing countries. Why can't Canada find 20 damn players from the bunch that can qualify for the world cup? In short, what's the future of soccer in this country?

Part of the blame goes to the organization...we have some players but haven't gotten them to stay here. Jonathan De Guzman is from Scarborough but plays for the Netherlands, Hargreaves is from Calgary but played for England, etc. We need to recruit players early and have them play for the national team so they can't just pick another country to play with because they think they'll get more playing time.

I think in the years to come things will definitely improve. I know a lot of parents who aren't going to let their kids play hockey or football, so their kids are on basketball or soccer teams. And hopefully years of having TFC, its academy, and the Impact & Whitecaps organizations helps foster more talent in the years to come.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#1029 » by Kabookalu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Agimat wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:
Agimat wrote:lmaooo!! if you play let me know bruh

Used to, but I got tired of dealing with 14 year olds that think they're playing Call of Duty and play Ana like she's a DPS. Don't even have my PS4 anymore. Now I just keep up with the competitive scene, partly because I think it's the most aesthetically pleasing video game out there as a spectator, and two to see if Blizzard can actually turn the OWL into a legit league.

:lol: I feel yah, I actually watched some of the OWL highlights it's actually watchable even moreso with all the changes they made (color outfit, banner, color effect etc.), but for a new audience they gotta have basic knowledge for them to understand whats going on. If you havent watch Korea vs USA world cup you've got to watch it f**kn intense lol

Gratz to the Tdot FC!!

Yeah I saw that match, surprised it was as close as it was since South Korea always mops everyone and fl0w3r played like a monster. It's funny that of the ten best players, I don't think any of them are American, and the one guy who I thought was, Surefour, is actually Canadian.
Read on Twitter
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#1030 » by omar36 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Centre Court wrote:
Read on Twitter

Predictable tweet from him

lol, does he know tfc best players in the game were americans. boggles my mind when people make it canada vs usa. especially hockey when literally all the stars are Canadians.
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#1031 » by yodamaster » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:04 pm

raptors need to appropriate this drum slash viking chant and do it after every playoff win.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#1032 » by Lord Eder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 am

yodamaster wrote:raptors need to appropriate this drum slash viking chant and do it after every playoff win.

Would actually work well with the two syllable RAP - TORS
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#1033 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 am

would make the rich people very uncomfortable
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#1034 » by Inklink » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 am

They do it during the game too. It's easier in soccer because there can be a lull. Whereas baseketball and hockey don't build up possession for 2 minutes you know?

Garlic Sauce wrote:would make the rich people very uncomfortable

They'll have to put down their sushi trays.
For lease.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#1035 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm

I never understood the "it's not the best league in the world, so I won't watch" argument. If you don't like the product, that's fine. But not watching because it's not the best is kind of silly. Soccer is a global sport, played at a high level all around the world. The Portuguese league isn't the best league in the world, does that mean Porto fans shouldn't be excited when they win the title? Soccer isn't organized like basketball, baseball, hockey. All the top players don't play in 1 league. Talent in soccer is spread out all over the world and the "top" league is always changing, there isn't one league officially recognized as the best. EPL might be the most popular, but in terms of the best, it has serious competition from the German, Spanish and even Italian, French leagues.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#1036 » by zippy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:I never understood the "it's not the best league in the world, so I won't watch" argument. If you don't like the product, that's fine. But not watching because it's not the best is kind of silly. Soccer is a global sport, played at a high level all around the world. The Portuguese league isn't the best league in the world, does that mean Porto fans shouldn't be excited when they win the title? Soccer isn't organized like basketball, baseball, hockey. All the top players don't play in 1 league. Talent in soccer is spread out all over the world and the "top" league is always changing, there isn't one league officially recognized as the best. EPL might be the most popular, but in terms of the best, it has serious competition from the German, Spanish and even Italian, French leagues.

Wellllllll..

The best TEAMS in soccer reside in Spain, where-as the best league in soccer would most definitely have to be the EPL. Germany, Italy, France leagues follow closely after. Then you would have the next tier that includes the Dutch league, and Portugal etc. The MLS is probably at the same level as like Bundesliga 2 or English Championship leauge. The talent level in the MLS is obviously nowhere close to the aforementioned teams, and should TFC ever match up with major European clubs they would get a spanking so hard the team would likely disband. Is it terrible soccer? No. But I personally can't get into it here, and I fully understand why other people can't either.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Re: OT: MLS Cup Final Discussion 

Post#1037 » by binjumper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm

HighUpNorth wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
HighUpNorth wrote:Lived in Toronto my whole life any other theories?

CFL and MLS are not major leagues it's just simple

sorry if it upsets you
you do know the mods can see where you live from your IP address right ? Just because you claim you live it Toronto that doesn't mean you do.

The village is going up right now LOL...sit down bro talking about nobody cares while a bunch of out there celebrating, raptors staff taking in the game smh dude I'll bet money you're not from Toronto. You're just salty the team in your city didn't win and you're low key hating on the success of the city by trying to discredit the accomplishment of a TFC lol stop hating bro jeez!!! Mans really out here trying to throw salty on TFC winning the cup and becoming to the first Canadian team to win the cup smh your hating is not going to change their accomplishment bro lol

Like I've said the village is going up right now..

Can any mod tell this dude I live in Toronto? just for the jokes? plz?

the village...LOL enjoy the small successes in life

So you laugh at people who enjoy success? small or not it's an accomplishment. They just happen to party in Liberty due it being so close to the arena, but keep chirping. Enjoy being a loser, because that is what you're coming off as. Negative Nancy.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#1038 » by MixxSRC » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Euroleague is not as talented as NBA. Doesn't mean fans can't enjoy and be passionate. Try telling these fans that their win doesn't matter lol
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#1039 » by metafisical » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 pm

This win cements TFC as the greatest football club in the world. Much better than any team in the UEFA champions league.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#1040 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm so happy.

Getting to watch my team win in person. Wow. Worth every penny.

Return to Major League Soccer