Toronto FC Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

BigBall
Ballboy
And1: 10

Re: Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#41 » by BigBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:22 am

On a positive note the atomic ant had a good game.
Its only a matter of time before he starts finding the back of the net.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#42 » by TheSamMitchell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:40 am

Cheyrou has played a lot better than Bradley thus far. Bradley has been pretty much of a non factor this season.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,404

Post#43 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 pm

It boggles my mind that Gantar is still reffing MLS games, let alone TFC games.

Bradley had a **** game, and Creavelle isn't going to cut it - though I have very little faith in Bloom as well.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,111

Post#44 » by magik9113 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:35 pm

so what happened yesterday? missed the game. We didn't look too good, Altidore didn't do enough, and Giovinco can't finish?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#45 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:Cheyrou has played a lot better than Bradley thus far. Bradley has been pretty much of a non factor this season.

Bradley was great in the first game in my opinion.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:13 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:It boggles my mind that Gantar is still reffing MLS games, let alone TFC games.

Bradley had a **** game, and Creavelle isn't going to cut it - though I have very little faith in Bloom as well.

I agree 100% about Gantar. That call was beyond terrible.

I have a feeling being Canadian, he always tries to go against the clubs here thinking it will make him look fair. It does nothing but make him look stupid though.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#47 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:20 pm

magik9113 wrote:so what happened yesterday? missed the game. We didn't look too good, Altidore didn't do enough, and Giovinco can't finish?

Referee decided to make his presence known by giving out a red card in the 44th minute on a clean challenge, his incompetence on full display when he originally gave the red card to the wrong player.

https://youtu.be/bbUdyl9Ioyw?t=1m24s

Vanney made a couple of bad substitutions to re-arrange and here we are. Altidore looked wide to me, while Giovinco was playing as a striker pretty much. Wasn't happy with that. Bradley still refuses to cross the midfield and played terrible. Even with that. I'm confident we would've come out of this with a point if it remained 11v11.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#48 » by magik9113 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
magik9113 wrote:so what happened yesterday? missed the game. We didn't look too good, Altidore didn't do enough, and Giovinco can't finish?

Referee decided to make his presence known by giving out a red card in the 44th minute on a clean challenge, his incompetence on full display when he originally gave the red card to the wrong player.

Vanney made a couple of bad substitutions to re-arrange and here we are. Altidore looked wide to me, while Giovinco was playing as a striker pretty much. Wasn't happy with that. Bradley still refuses to cross the midfield and played terrible. Even with that. I'm confident we would've come out of this with a point if it remained 11v11.

red card to the wrong player...that's kinda hilarious. Shame about the red card, but with that two legged tackle it may have been the correct call. And yea, Juve for some crazy reason always played Giovinco as a normal striker. He is 1000x better behind the fowards, Conte plays him there for Italy.
Better luck for us vs RSL
savierdcglobe
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#49 » by savierdcglobe » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:18 pm

putting altidore on the far right to fit his 4-3-3 formation is beyond me. You make a big body run up and down is like asking the god ibra to retrieve the ball from deep like pirlo. Stupid.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#50 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:00 pm

savierdcglobe wrote:putting altidore on the far right to fit his 4-3-3 formation is beyond me. You make a big body run up and down is like asking the god ibra to retrieve the ball from deep like pirlo. Stupid.

If anything, you put Giovinvo on the left and allow Altidore to stay in the middle - which is how i thought they would play him.

I'd still rather play with a lone striker up front - 4 in the back, two central mids that can alternate joining the attack or dropping back, 2 wingers and Giovinco right behind Altidore in the middle.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#51 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 pm

magik9113 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

red card to the wrong player...that's kinda hilarious. Shame about the red card, but with that two legged tackle it may have been the correct call. And yea, Juve for some crazy reason always played Giovinco as a normal striker. He is 1000x better behind the fowards, Conte plays him there for Italy.
Better luck for us vs RSL

Yeah, originally sent off Perquis.

It seems our defense is our Achilles heel yet again. Caldwell can't play so high up and Creavalle isn't a natural LB.

I agree with you. I've always thought Giovinco has never had the chance to be featured and that is what has held him back - he is so underrated. I thought he would be THE feature player here, and I hope we go towards that as the season wears on. Put him behind Altidore, space the attacking half with two wingers, and let him do what he is best at.
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#52 » by Santoki » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:32 pm

You'll get used to Giovinco struggling to finish.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by magik9113 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Santoki wrote:

I didn't see the game so I was just assuming what happened. I'm a Juve fan, I know he hasn't been able to score since Parma
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#54 » by Santoki » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:48 pm

magik9113 wrote:
Santoki wrote:

I didn't see the game so I was just assuming what happened. I'm a Juve fan, I know he hasn't been able to score since Parma

Ah, didn't see the flair or pic since I was on mobile. Well, you know better than anyone.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:46 am

Santoki wrote:

This is MLS, once he's more comfortable with the league I think he'll have no issues finishing.

He looked better in game two, then the first, so he's still getting used to the pace/physicality of the league.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#56 » by magik9113 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
Santoki wrote:

This is MLS, once he's more comfortable with the league I think he'll have no issues finishing.

He looked better in game two, then the first, so he's still getting used to the pace/physicality of the league.

I definitely assume he'll find his finishing touch sooner than later too, but the shot he missed from six yards out in the first game was an example of why Juve fans booed him.
Then again, there was always the argument that the Juve fans strangely did boo him for the slightest reasons and he didn't get enough playing time to ever get into a real rhythm.... It broke my heart to see hear them jeer my boy Seba. Either way, like I said earlier he should have never been playing as a normal striker and is a playmaker above all else
baulderdash77
Lead Assistant
And1: 235

Post#57 » by baulderdash77 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:40 am

It was a brutally officiated game. When the ref doesn't even know who he's calling the foul against you really have to question his competency.

Crevelle really is a terrible LB. He has been the weak link on the team 2 weeks in a row and TFC clearly has to make a change at RB. I don't know what Bloom did but he doesn't make those kind of glaring defensive lapses like Crevelle has shown.

They only moved Altidore to wing for the last 15 minutes or so. We had played 4-4-1 and he was beat from playing up top against 4 defenders for 30 minutes so they had to slide him back with only 1 available sub.

Anyways it's onwards and upwards. Hopefully the league rescinds the red card like they should and Morrow gets back on the pitch for the next game.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#58 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:29 pm

baulderdash77 wrote:It was a brutally officiated game. When the ref doesn't even know who he's calling the foul against you really have to question his competency.

Crevelle really is a terrible LB. He has been the weak link on the team 2 weeks in a row and TFC clearly has to make a change at RB. I don't know what Bloom did but he doesn't make those kind of glaring defensive lapses like Crevelle has shown.

They only moved Altidore to wing for the last 15 minutes or so. We had played 4-4-1 and he was beat from playing up top against 4 defenders for 30 minutes so they had to slide him back with only 1 available sub.

Anyways it's onwards and upwards. Hopefully the league rescinds the red card like they should and Morrow gets back on the pitch for the next game.

Bloom - in my opinion - isn't quick enough to play as high as TFC have been playing, and he doesn't have the ability to press forward and join the attack as Vanney likes.

Creavalle isn't a natural RB. We need to bring someone in to fill that slot. Year 1 Eckersley would work well!
nahom1319
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#59 » by nahom1319 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:26 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
baulderdash77 wrote:It was a brutally officiated game. When the ref doesn't even know who he's calling the foul against you really have to question his competency.

Bloom - in my opinion - isn't quick enough to play as high as TFC have been playing, and he doesn't have the ability to press forward and join the attack as Vanney likes.

Creavalle isn't a natural LB. We need to bring someone in to fill that slot. Year 1 Eckersley would work well!

Could have sworn that Justin Morrow was our LB. I think you guys mean RB
Dr Mufasa wrote: I wouldn't bet any of my personal money on Valanciunas being in the NBA after his rookie contract.
<--- May 22 2012
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... -THG-1.gif
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#60 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:35 pm

nahom1319 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Creavalle isn't a natural LB. We need to bring someone in to fill that slot. Year 1 Eckersley would work well!

Could have sworn that Justin Morrow was our LB. I think you guys mean RB

You are right. I saw LB and and kept going with it. I'll edit.

Return to Major League Soccer