Week 1 NFL spreads

Moderators: bwgood77, MickeyDavis

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Week 1 NFL spreads 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:07 pm

Interesting to see how the lines move from opening to current. Seems a lot of people betting on TB, moving spread from 6 to 8. I think I'd take the Cowboys and the points in this one. Carolina moving a bit as well.

The biggest movers are Seattle, going from a 2 pt underdog to a 2.5 pt favorite. That's a 4.5 pt swing. It takes A LOT of Vegas money to move it that much (or a major injury/news about player playing).

And then Denver, going from a 1 pt underdog to a 3 pt favorite.

Anyway, here our your spreads: I will give my best bets later but I do like Dallas tonight, since they are now getting over a td, or a push if they lose by 8.

Howard Mass wrote:.

Dirk wrote:.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Week 1 spreads 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:56 pm

Denver is my number 1 sure fire bet so far for this week's games. Niners should handle Detroit fairly easily this week as well.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,593

Post#3 » by Dirk » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:.

Is there no "Beat the Commish" this season? Don't tell me CactusJ begged you not to create one because he's tired of getting beat up by Howard.
60/21/10
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:06 pm

Dirk wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:.

Is there no "Beat the Commish" this season? Don't tell me CactusJ begged you not to create one because he's tired of getting beat up by Howard.

I will create on real quick even if it's just limited participants.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,593

Post#5 » by Dirk » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Interesting to see how the lines move from opening to current. Seems a lot of people betting on TB, moving spread from 6 to 8. I think I'd take the Cowboys and the points in this one. Carolina moving a bit as well.

The biggest movers are Seattle, going from a 2 pt underdog to a 2.5 pt favorite. That's a 4.5 pt swing. It takes A LOT of Vegas money to move it that much (or a major injury/news about player playing).

Anyway, here our your spreads: I will give my best bets later but I do like Dallas tonight, since they are now getting over a td, or a push if they lose by 8.

Herbie will need some really good protection, the Redskins have a fearsome DLine.
60/21/10
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:21 pm

Dirk wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Interesting to see how the lines move from opening to current. Seems a lot of people betting on TB, moving spread from 6 to 8. I think I'd take the Cowboys and the points in this one. Carolina moving a bit as well.

Herbie will need some really good protection, the Redskins have a fearsome DLine.

That have really upgraded their OL with their draft pick (Slater) and Linsley, who I think was an All Pro or one of the better Cs. Last year they not only had the worst OL, but also most of the best players on it were injured, so they had backups to the worst OL playing.

And Herbert still set rookie records in only 15 games.

But I do think Washington is tough and Fitzpatrick is underrated.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#7 » by hermes » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:42 pm

only one monday night game? i'm alright with it, double header never really did anything for me
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#8 » by GTR11 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:56 am

First two games easiest one's to steal, however there's several sure cover games for me:
• TB -8.5 No Martin vs that D. Line and Dak. Easy cover here.
• SF only -7.5? Should be 15+ even if they on the road.
• GB 4 is laughter too. Also should be 15+. I'm taking Kamara on FanDuel no matter the cost.
• Rams 7.5 is also should be 15+ pts. Unless ChiTown faithful belive their D can also keep up with scoring lol.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 12:07 pm

GTR11 wrote:First two games easiest one's to steal, however there's several sure cover games for me:
• GB 4 is laughter too. Also should be 15+. I'm taking Kamara on FanDuel no matter the cost.
• Rams 7.5 is also should be 15+ pts. Unless ChiTown faithful belive their D can also keep up with scoring lol.

Often there is a lot less separation between teams than you expect, especially at the beginning of the season when all teams are confident. I will rarely give up over a td on the road and that's a big spread for TB against a pretty good team, but TB is apparently a lot more in sync than last year at this time.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,828

Post#10 » by azcatz11 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:55 pm

Sports betting is finally legal in Arizona!!! Hell yeah!

I downloaded the FanDuel app and there was $75 in my account. I bet it all on TB -8.5 tonight
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 5:30 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Sports betting is finally legal in Arizona!!! Hell yeah!

I downloaded the FanDuel app and there was $75 in my account. I bet it all on TB -8.5 tonight

That's an interesting thread. So much money has come in on the Packers. Do typical sports bars there now have betting windows? That would be fun.

I love betting on the 2nd half spread when a team is down, especially if they are favored originally in the game.

I also love parlays.

I would probably take Dallas and the points in that game. I don't know how many blowouts TB had last year, though I hear they are more well tuned early.

If I did a teaser I would definitely tease Dallas + 14.5 (though you use to be able to move spreads 6 pts..now it might only be like 4, but still might do them at like +11.5 or more).

Though if you like TB teasing it down to TB -4.5 or 2.5 if you could get a 6 pt tease would be good.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 25,828

Post#12 » by azcatz11 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

That's an interesting thread. So much money has come in on the Packers. Do typical sports bars there now have betting windows? That would be fun.

I love betting on the 2nd half spread when a team is down, especially if they are favored originally in the game.

I also love parlays.

I would probably take Dallas and the points in that game. I don't know how many blowouts TB had last year, though I hear they are more well tuned early.

If I did a teaser I would definitely tease Dallas + 14.5 (though you use to be able to move spreads 6 pts..now it might only be like 4, but still might do them at like +11.5 or more).

Though if you like TB teasing it down to TB -4.5 or 2.5 if you could get a 6 pt tease would be good.

I'm not exactly sure how it works...I'll have to check the app out more. I like parlays too. I just feel like Dak is going to be rusty and the Tampa D Line is stacked and Zeke won't be able to run. I really don't like giving that many points though
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:28 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I also love parlays.

I'm not exactly sure how it works...I'll have to check the app out more. I like parlays too. I just feel like Dak is going to be rusty and the Tampa D Line is stacked and Zeke won't be able to run. I really don't like giving that many points though

I remember once I was in Vegas with my UofA buddies and we were playing blackjack late one night and many of us bet on sports too, and I went and got a parlay card, and I filled out my 5 favorite bets and asked everyone if they wanted to put in $5 and it pays 20/1 so you would win $100.

Some said yes and some no. First 4 games hit and our plane was going to leave...I think the last game either went into OT or came down to the last minute...and it hit.

So we got $100 each before leaving. Helped out my friend a lot who had gotten engaged and his fiancee was adamant he not gamble but couldn't help himself when he saw us playing blackjack and lost all his money. He got that $100 reimbursement to take home to show his fiancee.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#14 » by GTR11 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:First two games easiest one's to steal, however there's several sure cover games for me:

Often there is a lot less separation between teams than you expect, especially at the beginning of the season when all teams are confident. I will rarely give up over a td on the road and that's a big spread for TB against a pretty good team, but TB is apparently a lot more in sync than last year at this time.

This D was historically bad. Did anyone expect 4 TO, doubt it. As I said first games easiest to steal and it showed last night.

I'm a boys fan and pains me to say this team is fluky as it gets. NFC is loaded and top two teams in GB and TB will separate themselves from others. We not on the same level with them, hell I'm not sure if we better than Seattle, Arizona, San Fran and Minny. That says a lot in my opinion.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:11 pm

GTR11 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

This D was historically bad. Did anyone expect 4 TO, doubt it. As I said first games easiest to steal and it showed last night.

I'm a boys fan and pains me to say this team is fluky as it gets. NFC is loaded and top two teams in GB and TB will separate themselves from others. We not on the same level with them, hell I'm not sure if we better than Seattle, Arizona, San Fran and Minny. That says a lot in my opinion.

At least Dak looked good and their division is pretty weak. As a Chargers fan I know I'm in a division with Mahomes for the next decade.

Return to Gambling