All-NBA National Teams

Moderators: jman3134, Livno , Curtis Lemansky

User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 2,352
And1: 2,213
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

All-NBA National Teams 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 am

AUSTRALIA
Patty Mills
Dante Exum
Joe Ingles
Ben Simmons (c)
Aron Baynes

BRAZIL
Raul Neto
Bruno Caboclo
Nene (c)
Lucas Nogueira
Cristiano Felício

CANADA
Jamal Murray (c)
Dillon Brooks
Andrew Wiggins
Trey Lyles
Kelly Olynyk

CROATIA
Bojan Bogdanovic
Mario Hezonja
Dario Saric (c)
Dragan Bender
Ivica Zubac

FRANCE
Tony Parker
Evan Fournier
Nicolas Batum
Alexis Ajinca
Rudy Gobert (c)

GERMANY
Dennis Schroder
Maxi Kleber
Paul Zipser
Daniel Theis
Dirk Nowitzki (c)

SERBIA
Milos Teodosic
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Nemanja Bjelica
Nikola Jokic (c)
Boban Marjanovic

SPAIN
Ricky Rubio
Jose Calderon
Nikola Mirotic
Marc Gasol (c)
Pau Gasol

TURKEY
Furkan Korkmaz
Cedi Osman
Ersan İlyasova
Omer Asik
Enes Kanter (c)

WILD CARD
GREECE
Tyler Dorsey
Naz Mitrou-Long
Giannis Antetokounmpo (c)
Kostas Antetokounmpo
Kosta Koufos


NOTES
AUSTRALIA: If there are too many players who prefer to play PG, Exum or Mills can be replaced with Thon Maker
BRAZIL: Unfortunately, this lineup with 3 centers can't play together on the floor
CANADA: I guess someone would put Cory Joseph over Brooks, or Tristian Thompson over Olynyk
CROATIA: Maybe Ante Zizic is an already better solution than Bender or Zubac. Problem with such lineup is lack of point guard
SERBIA: Serbian federation once ignored Frank Kaminsky (have Serbian roots) willingness to compete for Serbia, maybe it changes in near future
SPAIN: For 2nd backcourt player maybe Alex Abrines is already better than veteran Calderon. If we talking about TOP5 players from Spain, in that case, Ibaka should be mentioned for sure
TURKEY: There are very small chances that Kanter will ever again represent Turkey. Similar to Croatian NBA lineup, this team also have no point guard
GREECE(WC): No guarantee that Naz Mitrou-Long and Kostas Antetokounmpo will play next season, and also for Naz Mitrou-Long is still uncertain will he chose Canada or Greece national team
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 6,326
And1: 2,011
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Some nice players there, of course I like the Serbian team the most :lol: and Jokic's a big part of that; but they have a couple other pretty nice players there.
Mirotic12
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 734
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#3 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Greece:

Tyler Dorsey
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Kostas Antetokounmpo
Kosta Koufos
Georgios Papagiannis

Zach Auguste and Naz Mitrou-Long are also possibilities.
CalL
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 18
Joined: Oct 07, 2016
     

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#4 » by CalL » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

THE J0KER wrote:AUSTRALIA
Patty Mills
Dante Exum
Joe Ingles
Ben Simmons (c)
Aron Baynes

BRAZIL
Raul Neto
Bruno Caboclo
Nene (c)
Lucas Nogueira
Cristiano Felício

CANADA
Jamal Murray (c)
Dillon Brooks
Andrew Wiggins
Trey Lyles
Kelly Olynyk

CROATIA
Bojan Bogdanovic
Mario Hezonja
Dario Saric (c)
Dragan Bender
Ivica Zubac

FRANCE
Tony Parker
Evan Fournier
Nicolas Batum
Alexis Ajinca
Rudy Gobert (c)

GERMANY
Dennis Schroder
Maxi Kleber
Paul Zipser
Daniel Theis
Dirk Nowitzki (c)

SERBIA
Milos Teodosic
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Nemanja Bjelica
Nikola Jokic (c)
Boban Marjanovic

SPAIN
Ricky Rubio
Jose Calderon
Nikola Mirotic
Marc Gasol (c)
Pau Gasol

TURKEY
Furkan Korkmaz
Cedi Osman
Ersan İlyasova
Omer Asik
Enes Kanter (c)


NOTES
AUSTRALIA: If there are too many players who prefer to play PG, Exum or Mills can be replaced with Thon Maker
BRAZIL: Unfortunately, this lineup with 3 centers can't play together on the floor
CANADA: I guess someone would put Cory Joseph over Brooks, or Tristian Thompson over Olynyk
CROATIA: Maybe Ante Zizic is an already better solution than Bender or Zubac. Problem with such lineup is lack of point guard
SERBIA: Serbian federation once ignored Frank Kaminsky (have Serbian roots) willingness to compete for Serbia, maybe it changes in near future
SPAIN: For 2nd backcourt player maybe Alex Abrines is already better than veteran Calderon. If we talking about TOP5 players from Spain, in that case, Ibaka should be mentioned for sure
TURKEY: There are very small chances that Kanter will ever again represent Turkey. Similar to Croatian NBA lineup, this team also have no point guard


Zipser seems to be on his way out of the league and i probably wouldn't play Nowitzki is center, my team would be:
Schröder
Bonga
Kleber
Theis
Hartenstein (assuming the Rockets will sign him)/Wagner
Very young team, but also a lot of talent, let's hope that the trend continues.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 2,352
And1: 2,213
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:Greece:

Tyler Dorsey
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Kostas Antetokounmpo
Kosta Koufos
Georgios Papagiannis

Zach Auguste and Naz Mitrou-Long are also possibilities.

Kostas Antetokounmpo as #60 pick have small chances for NBA debut next season, but if that happens (or Auguste or Mitrou-Long) I will add Greece on this list.
mojo13
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,265
And1: 862
Joined: Mar 25, 2014
   

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#6 » by mojo13 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:47 am

Re: Canada
No way Tristan Thompson starts over Kelly Olynyk. The debate is likely if Dwight Powell might be better than Trey Lyles. CoJo over Brooks and just how bad Wiggins might be.

I guess I don’t understand if OP is making a team and asking the starting 5 or just judging based on individual talent. Those are different 5s for me.

Another question is how good might Shai Gilgeous Alexander might be.
Mirotic12
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 734
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#7 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 am

mojo13 wrote:Re: Canada
No way Tristan Thompson starts over Kelly Olynyk. The debate is likely if Dwight Powell might be better than Trey Lyles. CoJo over Brooks and just how bad Wiggins might be.

I guess I don’t understand if OP is making a team and asking the starting 5 or just judging based on individual talent. Those are different 5s for me.

Another question is how good might Shai Gilgeous Alexander might be.


Olynyk seems to be a really underrated player in general and especially in these forums. Maybe it's because of some of the thuggish things he's done on the court. But he's a really skilled big man.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 2,352
And1: 2,213
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#8 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:46 am

In terms of the 2018-19 salary, most expensive National Teams are:

99M France: Batum(24), Gobert(23), Noah(19), Fournier(17), Mahinmi(16)
90M Spain: M.Gasol(24), Ibaka (22), P.Gasol(16), Rubio(16), Mirotic(12)
71M Canada: Wiggins(25), Thompson(17), Olynyk(11), Powell(10), Joseph(8)
54M Serbia: Jokic(25), Bogdanovic(9), Bjelica(7), Marjanovic(7), Teodosic(6)
...

Litle bit unfair list, considering that Joakim Noah, which not even play, have a bigger salary than Simmons, Murray, and Porzingis all-together which still playing under rookie contracts... but that is the numbers
Mirotic12
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 734
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#9 » by Mirotic12 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:56 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Kostas Antetokounmpo as #60 pick have small chances for NBA debut next season, but if that happens (or Auguste or Mitrou-Long) I will add Greece on this list.


K. Antetokounmpo and Mitrou-Long signed contracts, while Papagiannis went back to Europe. Auguste is still a free agent.

So right now,

Tyler Dorsey
Naz Mitrou-Long
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Kostas Antetokounmpo
Kosta Koufos
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 2,352
And1: 2,213
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#10 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Kostas Antetokounmpo as #60 pick have small chances for NBA debut next season, but if that happens (or Auguste or Mitrou-Long) I will add Greece on this list.


K. Antetokounmpo and Mitrou-Long signed contracts, while Papagiannis went back to Europe. Auguste is still a free agent.

So right now,

Tyler Dorsey
Naz Mitrou-Long
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Kostas Antetokounmpo
Kosta Koufos

OK, I put GREECE in OP, but with "WILD CARD" remark because of some open doubts:
GREECE(WC): No guarantee that Naz Mitrou-Long and Kostas Antetokounmpo will play next season in NBA, and also for Naz Mitrou-Long is still uncertain will he chose Canada or Greece national team
User avatar
JohnWillow
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,990
And1: 4,440
Joined: Jun 27, 2015
Location: Erik Karlsson to SJ? Slap me silly Dougy!!!
       

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#11 » by JohnWillow » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:34 pm

In three years Latvia will be here on this list also.

PG: Arturs Zagars
SG: Arturs Kurucs
SF: Rodions Kurucs
PF: Bertans
C: Porzingis.

:droop: :pray: :droop:
4515 days since last Sacramento Kings play-off game... and counting... :roll:

Arturs Zagars fan club member, come join.
User avatar
LuDux1
Starter
Posts: 2,016
And1: 1,798
Joined: Mar 22, 2009

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#12 » by LuDux1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:51 am

Lithuania
C Birutis
F Valanciunas
F Gudaitis
G Kulboka
G Sabonis
:)
CalL
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 18
Joined: Oct 07, 2016
     

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#13 » by CalL » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:51 am

JohnWillow wrote:In three years Latvia will be here on this list also.

PG: Arturs Zagars
SG: Arturs Kurucs
SF: Rodions Kurucs
PF: Bertans
C: Porzingis.

:droop: :pray: :droop:


Haha ...
Edit: And what about Pasecniks? Wouldnt it make more sense to name someone like Pasecniks instead of Zagars/Kurucs who at least has been drafted already (in the first round even, something that Kurucs/Zagars will very likely never experience)? Zagars as PG, Kurucs as SG, Bertans as SF, Pasecniks as PF and Porzingis as C. The chanc that 2 x Kurucs and Zagars will all play in the league at the same time is very small in my opinion (to say the least).
CalL
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 18
Joined: Oct 07, 2016
     

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#14 » by CalL » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

LuDux1 wrote:Lithuania
C Birutis
F Valanciunas
F Gudaitis
G Kulboka
G Sabonis
:)


How does Kulboka count when he will play for Bamberg in Germany next season? Thats like naming Pasecniks for Latvia or Cancar for Slovenia ...
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 2,352
And1: 2,213
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#15 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:13 am

CalL wrote:
LuDux1 wrote:Lithuania
C Birutis
F Valanciunas
F Gudaitis
G Kulboka
G Sabonis
:)


How does Kulboka count when he will play for Bamberg in Germany next season? Thats like naming Pasecniks for Latvia or Cancar for Slovenia ...

Birutis and Kulboka need to play (or some other two) for some NBA team at least due two-way G-League contracts to put Lithuania on this list
User avatar
JohnWillow
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,990
And1: 4,440
Joined: Jun 27, 2015
Location: Erik Karlsson to SJ? Slap me silly Dougy!!!
       

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#16 » by JohnWillow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 am

CalL wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:In three years Latvia will be here on this list also.

PG: Arturs Zagars
SG: Arturs Kurucs
SF: Rodions Kurucs
PF: Bertans
C: Porzingis.

:droop: :pray: :droop:


Haha ...
Edit: And what about Pasecniks? Wouldnt it make more sense to name someone like Pasecniks instead of Zagars/Kurucs who at least has been drafted already (in the first round even, something that Kurucs/Zagars will very likely never experience)? Zagars as PG, Kurucs as SG, Bertans as SF, Pasecniks as PF and Porzingis as C. The chanc that 2 x Kurucs and Zagars will all play in the league at the same time is very small in my opinion (to say the least).


Just mark my words.

And I ain't seeing Pasecniks making it to the league, not a good player and not dedicated enough to the game of basketball, haven't seen any improvements since the night he was drafted.
4515 days since last Sacramento Kings play-off game... and counting... :roll:

Arturs Zagars fan club member, come join.
User avatar
LuDux1
Starter
Posts: 2,016
And1: 1,798
Joined: Mar 22, 2009

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#17 » by LuDux1 » Wed Aug 1, 2018 12:59 pm

CalL wrote:
LuDux1 wrote:Lithuania
C Birutis
F Valanciunas
F Gudaitis
G Kulboka
G Sabonis
:)


How does Kulboka count when he will play for Bamberg in Germany next season? Thats like naming Pasecniks for Latvia or Cancar for Slovenia ...


I needed someone who can pass
User avatar
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,156
And1: 4,133
Joined: Jul 02, 2011
Location: 2018
       

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#18 » by cruwinas » Fri Aug 3, 2018 11:16 am

LuDux1 wrote:Lithuania
C Birutis
F Valanciunas
F Gudaitis
G Kulboka
G Sabonis
:)


Motiejūnas got bleep the big way by the Rockets GM Morey, right now he is in the exile in China. He has a "bad back". Yep, logging most minutes and playing on a top level there. DMo is still an NBA player, just some GMs are a completea-holes.
Kuzminskas got bleeped by the Hornacek. I doubt he will be back.
Gudaitis is NBA material.
And LTU has youngsters coming up in 2-3 years.
Birutis, a young, fast developing true C. Last season the youngster was the MVP of LKL. Next season he will play for the main "Žalgiris" team. I wonder, how his stock will rise.

LTU needs couple years to buld the NBA team. We are patient. Just, please God, no injuries...

JV and Domas - deadly C- PF combo. In the NBA. Starters, maybe even All-star material. JV is JV, shoots freebies close to 90%, exceptional defensive rebounder, a pest on the offensive glass, best three point shooter on the Raptors and etc. Now he will have a new coach, who has his back.
Domas played two years of college ball, made leaps in development. Domas played two years of pro ball. Made leaps in his development. Can't wait for the third Domas season.

AND GUYS, WHAT IF LITHUANIA AND LATVIA MADE A JOINT TEAM? SINCE WE ARE ONLY TWO BALTIC LANGUAGE SPEAKING BROTHERLY NATIONS? THAT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUNNNNNNNNNNN..... :) :) :)
Raptors - 2019 NBA Champions.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 2,352
And1: 2,213
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#19 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 3, 2018 4:03 pm

A regional "Baltic Sea" Team if we add neighborhood Finland to Baltic states would be really talented with Porzingis(c), JV, D.Sabonis, Bertans, and Markkanen. There are no guards, unfortunately, but at least there are 5 very good players from LIT LAT FIN.

Another notable regional All-NBA team can be created from rest of ex-Yugoslavia countries (without Serbia and Croatia which already have own all-NBA lineups). Let's call it a regional "Adriatic" team: Dragic(c), Doncic, Musa, Vucevic, Nurkic. Countries are SLO BIH MNE.
remi_222
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 154
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: All-NBA National Teams 

Post#20 » by remi_222 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 11:16 pm

THE J0KER wrote:FRANCE
Tony Parker
Evan Fournier
Nicolas Batum
Alexis Ajinca
Rudy Gobert (c)


In which world you put Ajinca ? and even worst, where is Bobo Diaw ?

Return to International Basketball