Euroleague Game Thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,542

Re: Euroleague Game Thread 

Post#81 » by UcanUwill » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:59 pm

cruwinas wrote:WOW...3.4 seconds left, "Žalgiris" ahead 48-39, foul to give, yet, on offense "Žalgiris" makes a bad pass, out of bounds from CSKA basket play, and Wastermann, ex "Žalgiris" player hits the shot from the mid-court, with two guys covering him... Unbelievable. At least, "Žalgiris" had to have +9, now it's 48-42 during the halftime. Unfreakingbelievable.
20 more minutes to play. If "Žalgiris" will keep the quality of the play (though they didn't do anything extraordinarily, just good execution of the Šaras' game plan) - a W would be good for the final standings of Kaunas team. We'll see.
Good game, two good teams playing hard and smart.

Yeah, I am watching the game. De Colo and Rodriguez aren't doing that great.
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#82 » by cruwinas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Impressive win by "Žalgiris". All game in control, sometimes even just dominating. Smothering defense, smart offense.

ALL HAIL TO Å ARAS!!! Was a true leader and a very smart player, now he is becoming one of the best coaches. A little bit psychotic, speaks during the games like proper language is prohibited ;). I just hope, that his health will withstand such outburst of self-imposed constant emotional pressure.

Life is good in Kaunas. Maybe Final 4, maybe another title, as it was in 99'. Unexpected for the most, but not for the insiders of bball. We'll see ;)
:crazy:
cruwinas
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by cruwinas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
cruwinas wrote:WOW...3.4 seconds left, "Žalgiris" ahead 48-39, foul to give, yet, on offense "Žalgiris" makes a bad pass, out of bounds from CSKA basket play, and Wastermann, ex "Žalgiris" player hits the shot from the mid-court, with two guys covering him... Unbelievable. At least, "Žalgiris" had to have +9, now it's 48-42 during the halftime. Unfreakingbelievable.
20 more minutes to play. If "Žalgiris" will keep the quality of the play (though they didn't do anything extraordinarily, just good execution of the Šaras' game plan) - a W would be good for the final standings of Kaunas team. We'll see.
Good game, two good teams playing hard and smart.

Yeah, I am watching the game. De Colo and Rodriguez aren't doing that great.

"Greens" defense is just too much. Good scouting, good preparation, excellent coaching during the game.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#84 » by Mirotic12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 am

Spanoulis got the all-time EuroLeague assists record:

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/8msxcwtnkgbfyat4/spanoulis-becomes-euroleague-assists-king

Spanoulis becomes EuroLeague assists king

Vassilis Spanoulis added another historic accomplishment in a glittering career that is already full of them by becoming the EuroLeague assist king on Friday. The Olympiacos Piraeus star surpassed the total of assists made by his compatriot and former teammate Dimitris Diamantidis.

Spanoulis entered the game needing 4 assists to capture the crown and delivered the record-breaking assist on a kick-out pass for a three-pointer by Vangelis Mantzaris with 10 seconds to go in the first quarter. In doing so, Spanoulis set the record despite playing six games fewer than Diamantidis needed.
Dimantes
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#85 » by Dimantes » Sun May 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Euroleague winners again! Im crying

¡Hala Madrid!
cruwinas
Assistant Coach

Post#86 » by cruwinas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Good game so far by the "Žalgiris". 44-33 after the 2. Very good defense, solid rebounding (20-9), patient, efficient execution on the offense. OK brothers, 20 more minutes of composure and concentration. Don't let this one to slip away.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#87 » by UcanUwill » Fri Nov 2, 2018 6:45 pm

cruwinas wrote:Good game so far by the "Žalgiris". 44-33 after the 2. Very good defense, solid rebounding (20-9), patient, efficient execution on the offense. OK brothers, 20 more minutes of composure and concentration. Don't let this one to slip away.

Tavares was horrible in the first quarter, Zalgiris completely exploited him. Wonder if he plays in second half at all.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#88 » by UcanUwill » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm

I know its kinda OT, but i put up Euroleague's former NBA players' stats, and I thought i would share. Are you interested in any of these names, and think they could make a return? Any observations from these stats (listed from highest scorer to lowest)

juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#89 » by juanc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:24 am

UcanUwill wrote:I know its kinda OT, but i put up Euroleague's former NBA players' stats, and I thought i would share. Are you interested in any of these names, and think they could make a return? Any observations from these stats (listed from highest scorer to lowest)

Man i hate Mike James. He is the biggest ballhog in the Euroleague history(even bigger than Shved IMO)... When they were laying Efes he almost f**ked up the whole game when he didn't give the ball out of his hands in the last 4 minutes, and then he hit the game winner. And Euroleague has him 1st in the MVP race...
I actually really like the Milano team(out of James).

I think that De Colo, Toko Shengelia, Vesely and Brandon Davies could get some minutes on a NBA team. And Melli, who is one of my favourite players, could have a same role as Kleber has on the Mavs
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#90 » by UcanUwill » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 am

juanc wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I know its kinda OT, but i put up Euroleague's former NBA players' stats, and I thought i would share. Are you interested in any of these names, and think they could make a return? Any observations from these stats (listed from highest scorer to lowest)

Man i hate Mike James. He is the biggest ballhog in the Euroleague history(even bigger than Shved IMO)... When they were laying Efes he almost f**ked up the whole game when he didn't give the ball out of his hands in the last 4 minutes, and then he hit the game winner. And Euroleague has him 1st in the MVP race...

I think that De Colo, Toko Shengelia, Vesely and Brandon Davies could get some minutes on a NBA team. And Melli, who is one of my favourite players, could have a same role as Kleber has on the Mavs

I havent watched Milan, but statistically Gudaitis is their best player it seems. Its quite accomplishment to have such a good basic statline, yet have 15 PER, James needs to lay of some shots thats for damn sure.

What surprised me is Calathes advanced numbers, man is he terrible scorer, even Rubio seemed to be better. Basically 9 assists in EL game, but TS% below 40 still, ouch.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#91 » by juanc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:14 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
juanc wrote:

I havent watched Milan, but statistically Gudaitis is their best player it seems. Its quite accomplishment to have such a good basic statline, yet have 15 PER, James needs to lay of some shots thats for damn sure.

What surprised me is Calathes advanced numbers, man is he terrible scorer, even Rubio seemed to be better. Basically 9 assists in EL game, but TS% below 40 still, ouch.

Gudaitis is, next to Milutinov and Vesely a top3 center in the league right now, if you ask me.

If Nick the birck could hit something from distance he would be in the NBA now. And he also has the team built around his passing so taht's why he has that huge assist number
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,025

Post#92 » by LuDux1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:56 pm

This season Zalgiris opponents make difficult shots in 4th quote often.. way too often
www.infinitelooper.com/?v=cKHxRWXfwtg&p=n#/3798;3809
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#93 » by UcanUwill » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Man, Zalgiris is a joke, what a terrible team, 7 points in a quarter agains 3-2 zone. Every single new addition is bust, and people wanted Landale in the NBA, thats a good laugh. I know Chinese started to cover Euroleague, I hope they are showing, Barca, Efes, CSKA, Real games, not Zalgiris, because this is a continental embarrassment.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#94 » by Mirotic12 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 5:39 pm

Spanoulis got the all time PIR record.

https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/a7wj7qt9scetjy6q/spanoulis-passes-navarro-as-all-time-pir-leader

Spanoulis passes Navarro as all-time PIR leader

Olympiacos Piraeus great Vassilis Spanoulis added another milestone to the long list of his career achievements on Friday. In a 91-70 win against visiting AX Armani Exchange Milan, Spanoulis became the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague's all-time leader in total performance index rating.

By accumulating a PIR of 17 in the victory, Spanoulis reached 3,900 for his career, surpassing the retired EuroLeague Basketball Legend Juan Carlos Navarro, who previously led the all-time rankings with a career PIR of 3,890. Spanoulis reached the milestone in just 313 games, 28 fewer than Navarro's 341.

Spanoulis, 37, is a three-time EuroLeague champion and Final Four MVP in 2009 with Panathinaikos Athens, as well as in 2012 and 2013 with Olympiacos. Spanoulis was also the season MVP for the 2012-13 campaign.

Playing in his 14th season in the competition, Spanoulis is EuroLeague's career leader in assists with 1,457 and no player in the EuroLeague has made more free throws than his 1,070. He also ranks second all-time with 4,101 points, behind only Navarro's 4,152. He ranks third on the EuroLeague all-time list with 467 three-pointers made, 5 behind second-place Milos Teodosic. Navarro leads in triples with 623.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,525

Post#95 » by KGtabake » Fri Jan 3, 2020 9:07 pm

With the current pace DeColo will be the all time leader in points and Calathes the all time leader in assists in a couple of years.
I wish EuroLeague would include the stats before 2002.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#96 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:06 am

KGtabake wrote:With the current pace DeColo will be the all time leader in points and Calathes the all time leader in assists in a couple of years.
I wish EuroLeague would include the stats before 2002.

Its crazy how good Calathes is when he hits shots. He is probably the best passer in the world right now, doing what was believed to be impossible, 17 assists in a game FIBA rules game.

And I cant believe no one in the NBA outbid DeColo, unless he had some crazy demands, its absurd such a good scorer and shooter is not in the league, trying to carry Fene out of the slump.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#97 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:42 pm

Shved in every game will have moments where he looks like NBA all star, and moments where he just looks like a complete idiot...
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,025

Post#98 » by LuDux1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:58 pm

UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#99 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:00 am

LuDux1 wrote:Image

Campazzo should be in the NBA, he is great player.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#100 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 pm

Calathes is so good, he is basically slower Jason Kidd. Its amazing how a guard who is so bad at scoring can still be this good, his vision, IQ and passing is off the charts, where this talent came from, he didnt have it at all when he was young, definitely a late bloomer.

Return to International Basketball