EUROLEAGUE 2020-21 season

Moderator: THE J0KER

Charm
Junior
And1: 257

Re: EUROLEAGUE 2020-21 season 

Post#81 » by Charm » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:36 pm

To people who watched more of Euroleague and Efes in particular, how did Garuba compare to other perimeter defenders they faced? Where would you rank Efes among the all-time best offensive teams in Europe?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#82 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:55 pm

Charm wrote:To people who watched more of Euroleague and Efes in particular, how did Garuba compare to other perimeter defenders they faced? Where would you rank Efes among the all-time best offensive teams in Europe?

I knew Garuba was a very good defender, but I was surprised that when switched on Larkin, Larkin wouldn't even try ISO on Garuba, he would just pass the ball out, Garuba's defense is legit, no one even tried to play him one on one. I don't think Efes' offense is all time great, they had 2 dominant guards, very clutch veteran in Simon and great defenisve bigs Dunston and Singleton, team was just put together at genius fashion, they werent the most dominant offense or most dominant defense, but they had individuals who when it mattered, was there for both ends, they won it despite subpar coaching in my opinion.
Charm
Junior
And1: 257

Post#83 » by Charm » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:13 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Charm wrote:To people who watched more of Euroleague and Efes in particular, how did Garuba compare to other perimeter defenders they faced? Where would you rank Efes among the all-time best offensive teams in Europe?

I knew Garuba was a very good defender, but I was surprised that when switched on Larkin, Larkin wouldn't even try ISO on Garuba, he would just pass the ball out, Garuba's defense is legit, no one even tried to play him one on one. I don't think Efes' offense is all time great, they had 2 dominant guards, very clutch veteran in Simon and great defenisve bigs Dunston and Singleton, team was just put together at genius fashion, they werent the most dominant offense or most dominant defense, but they had individuals who when it mattered, was there for both ends, they won it despite subpar coaching in my opinion.

All-time best offense thing may've been a knee-jerk reaction to how they obliterated Fenerbahce in game 1 of the Turkish finals. Still, Garuba's ability to throw a wrench in it was really impressive to me. I think he'll surprise people with his immediate defensive impact in the NBA next year.

Also feeling less concerned about Sengun's struggles against them. Scouts will scrutinize that film, but they may not realize what an unstoppable 2-way force Efes is in Europe (let alone compared to any team the NCAA prospects faced).
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#84 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm

watching ACB, Vincent Poirier is still great after sitting 2 years on NBA bench, I guess when you cant shoot or switch, you will not play in the NBA at all, but in Europe dude is a force.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#85 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:29 pm

I will offer my list of biggest and most intriguing Euroleague transfers :

1. Mike James - Monaco
2. Alexey Shved - CSKA
3. OJ Mayo - Unics
4. Victor Wembanyama - Asvel
5. Shabazz Napier - Zenit
6. Marius Grigonis - CSKA
7. Thomas Walkup - Olympiacos
8. Thomas Heurtel - Real
9. Mario Hezonja - Unics
10. Moustapha Fall - Olympiacos
11. Adam Hanga - Real
12. Emmanuel Mudiay - Zalgiris
13. Derrick Williams - Maccabi
14. Donatas Motiejunas - Monaco
15. Sertac Sanli - Barcelona
16. Guerschon Yabusele - Real
17. Nikolo Melli - EA7
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#86 » by UcanUwill » Thu Oct 7, 2021 5:07 pm

Emmanuel Mudiay is a flop signing, thats first impressions.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#87 » by UcanUwill » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Thoughts about Baskonia's floor? Its basically blue, very unique looking

UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#88 » by UcanUwill » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:06 am

lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,194

Post#89 » by lambchop » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:43 pm

Where do you find Euroleague usage rate stats?
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#90 » by UcanUwill » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:08 pm

lambchop wrote:Where do you find Euroleague usage rate stats?

I always relied on RealGM

https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/1/Euroleague/stats
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#91 » by UcanUwill » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:53 pm

ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#92 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Sun Apr 3, 2022 5:16 pm

Euroleague is kinda irrelevant organization that struggles to generate profit so badly they want russian teams back next season. I mean what more can be said about them, pathetic. I guess it's cool "scouting" certain players.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#93 » by falcolombardi » Wed Apr 6, 2022 3:19 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Thoughts about Baskonia's floor? Its basically blue, very unique looking

reminds me of those weird Soviet Unión courts from arvydas sabonis vidoes that have a oddly sci-fi/punk feel about it

like, there is somethingh unique but also strange about a basketball court that is not/doesnt look like wood
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#94 » by UcanUwill » Tue May 3, 2022 6:12 pm

Watching this final Barca-Bayern game, and it's so cool to see allowed physicality. 5 minutes in and no joke, we had like 10 non calls that would be fouls in NBA no doubt.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#95 » by KGtabake » Thu May 19, 2022 9:56 pm

Great shot by Micic but it was stupid of Bartzokas to not commit a foul with 19secs on the clock. Make a quick foul and regardless of the FTs you have the game on your hands. Really bad decision.
Micic aside from being a great scorer, is also pretty smart. He forced the switch on Vezenkov who's really bad on rotating.
Efes is a better team but Olympiacos had his chance.
Efes might be the best team in Europe in the last 4 seasons.

On the other game.....wow.
Great great second half by Real. I couldn't believe how young Llull looked lol
Yabusele was a joke for Boston but for Real he's great. Koser too.
Mirotic finally played great on a big game but Calathes was atrocious.
Saras disappoints me more than any other coach in Europe.
I adore him (I'm Panathinaikos fan) but my.... he's overrated a bit. You can't have this roster (the best in Europe) and perform like this in the big stage. Big disappointment.

It will be a good final. I think Efes is the favourite but Real is always Real.

PS. Tyler Dorsey has a low IQ and I'm being generous. He can get hot and shoot lights out but he's really dumb. If he's Greece's starting shooting guard in the EuroBasket two things can happen.
1) Itoudis will get him out if the team
Or
2) One of Giannis or Sloukas will slap him.
Three years in Europe and he still hasn't learned that there is a much slower pace, much fewer possessions and he's not Klay Thompson.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#96 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:21 pm

Watching spanish play offs, man, Walter Tavares is the best player in Europe easily. I am infamously blasted him when he was DPOY, but man he improved so much since joining Real is crazy. He is like that guy who is very tall and started playing late, but is so natural, he keeps improving more in his late 20s than most teenagers do in years.

When he joined Real, he couldnt post up a guy shorter than him, when he won his first DPOY, he wasnt even pretending to guard outside 10 feet. Not look at him, he is unstoppable force. Holly crap.

Ironically, his by far best defensive season he didnt get DPOY. I think he improved so much on D, that even voters after seeing this defense, figured out that by comparison, his first 2 DPOYs were premature, but by now he has 2, so they didn't give him the third even though this was the first year where he really was DPOY.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#97 » by Mirotic12 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:26 am

UcanUwill wrote:Watching spanish play offs, man, Walter Tavares is the best player in Europe easily. I am infamously blasted him when he was DPOY, but man he improved so much since joining Real is crazy. He is like that guy who is very tall and started playing late, but is so natural, he keeps improving more in his late 20s than most teenagers do in years.

When he joined Real, he couldnt post up a guy shorter than him, when he won his first DPOY, he wasnt even pretending to guard outside 10 feet. Not look at him, he is unstoppable force. Holly crap.

Ironically, his by far best defensive season he didnt get DPOY. I think he improved so much on D, that even voters after seeing this defense, figured out that by comparison, his first 2 DPOYs were premature, but by now he has 2, so they didn't give him the third even though this was the first year where he really was DPOY.

Micic
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#98 » by Hal14 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 1:09 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Watching spanish play offs, man, Walter Tavares is the best player in Europe easily. I am infamously blasted him when he was DPOY, but man he improved so much since joining Real is crazy. He is like that guy who is very tall and started playing late, but is so natural, he keeps improving more in his late 20s than most teenagers do in years.

Micic

Do you think either Tavares or Micic makes the jump to the NBA this season?
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#99 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:20 pm

Hal14 wrote:Do you think either Tavares or Micic makes the jump to the NBA this season?

Micic most likely does.

Return to International Basketball