FIBA World Cup 2023 : GERMANY are the new World Champions! (takes on the world and beats it for once...)

Moderator: THE J0KER

new WORLD CHAMPION this Sunday will be?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:19 pm

Germany
48%
Serbia
52%

Total votes: 137

Buckets22
Sixth Man
And1: 1,513

Re: FIBA World Cup 2023 : GERMANY are the new World Champions! (takes on the world and beats it for once...) 

Post#1641 » by Buckets22 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:49 pm

LuDux1 wrote:Didn't read comments after final ended, so maybe that guy already adressed that issue. If not, here it goes: this defeat, for once, will give Jokic legit reason to get drunk. </green font>

I'm willing to bet that he didnt even watch the match. At most - he listened to the radio broadcast while riding his horse.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,399

Re: FIBA World Cup 2023 : GERMANY are the new World Champions! (takes on the world and beats it for once...) 

Post#1642 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:51 pm

LuDux1 wrote:Didn't read comments after final ended, so maybe that guy already adressed that issue. If not, here it goes: this defeat, for once, will give Jokic legit reason to get drunk. </green font>

Some just never need legit reason for that
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#1643 » by Mirotic12 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:52 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Got to love this poster, I knew he will bring legendary recorded vertical. Recorded vertical means nothing, its how athletic you play on the court. Lots of Humans can record high vertical when they focus and do a jump drill, but they wont use it in fatigue draining game. Some people can reach near their max vertical leap in routine plays and to others it takes too much energy and concentration, so they never do.

Ben McLemore and Shane Larkin had 42 and 44 vertical jumps at mock draft, so what, they are stiffs who only dunks in an open court, they cant shake off anyone. Look how many ankles SGA broke in this tournament alone, regular EL guy like Spanoulis, he simply didnt have that ability, he never did that in his life, that changing super speed, lateral quickness, stop on the dime moves, Spanoulis never could create space on such level, and being 6'4 guy, his shot will always be contested otherwise. TO be a star, you need to be able to create your own shot! You simply do understand the level difference between NBA stars and European stars, the speed, the athleticism is just on another level. We had MLS fans who said Donovan is better than 95% of Premier league guys, you doing same thing, you are simply clueless.

Are you a comedian, what does it matter he recorded high vertical if he refuses to dunk lol, guy has always been below the rim guy who would be block magnet in the NBA, plain and simple. He had very good handle at Euroleague level, so they were unable to trap him, he was very smart at that level, so he was the right guy to have the ball and opperate offense, and he was super clutch, hense he build great legacy at the level he played.

Recently you also posted how Papagiannis had 40+ vertical jump. ANother great proof that you either lying or that it means nothing, 7'2 guy with 40 inch vertical, and guess what, he is a complete stiff who barely ever dunks...

Talent doesnt translate linearly. Just because guy was better in one level, does not mean he will be better at another level. Luka Garza was much better college player than ANthony Davis, but you do not take Garza before Davis, thats why scouting exist. Yes, SOME worse Euroleague players than Spanoulis became NBA material players, but to begin with, they all were role guys, and they all had role guy abilities. Like Kleber, Ingles, Theis. Firstly, they all played defense and they knew how to be role guys to begin with. Spanoulis was ''T-Mac'' in Coby Whites body, yes, he was smart enough to probably find his NBA role, but he never proved that and NO ONE was actually shocked he didnt make it EXCEPT you.

Not one player on 2006 or 2008 USA teams could guard Spanoulis. He blew past every single one of them, and they tried player after player. He blew by them all with absolute ease. You have never seen Spanoulis play a game if you believe any of this.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1644 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:53 pm

Buckets22 wrote:

I'm willing to bet that he didnt even watch the match. At most - he listened to the radio broadcast while riding his horse.

Isnt he like a horse race manager now? Mans too big for poor horse. Man must be so regretful he is 6'11 and not a 5'1, cant be elite jockey superstar athlete, had to settle with this basketball garbage.
Buckets22
Sixth Man

Post#1645 » by Buckets22 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:57 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:

Isnt he like a horse race manager now? Mans too big for poor horse. Man must be so regretful he is 6'11 and not a 5'1, cant be elite jockey superstar athlete, had to settle with this basketball garbage.

I'm pretty sure he can still ride horses, but not race them competitively.
I mean horses were used by knights clad in armour while the horse was wearing an iron skirt for protection.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1646 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:00 pm

Buckets22 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:I'm willing to bet that he didnt even watch the match. At most - he listened to the radio broadcast while riding his horse.

I mean horses were used by knights clad in armour while the horse was wearing an iron skirt for protection.

Naw, I get it, I was joking. I have never seen ride it on a horseback tho, he is always in a carriage.
Buckets22
Sixth Man

Post#1647 » by Buckets22 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:01 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Naw, I get it, I was joking. I have never seen ride it on a horseback tho, he is always in a carriage.

I should've just shared this video
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,085

Post#1648 » by LuDux1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:04 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

He could become Japan World Champion

BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,120

Post#1649 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:06 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Got to love this poster, I knew he will bring legendary recorded vertical. Recorded vertical means nothing, its how athletic you play on the court. Lots of Humans can record high vertical when they focus and do a jump drill, but they wont use it in fatigue draining game. Some people can reach near their max vertical leap in routine plays and to others it takes too much energy and concentration, so they never do.

Ben McLemore and Shane Larkin had 42 and 44 vertical jumps at mock draft, so what, they are stiffs who only dunks in an open court, they cant shake off anyone. Look how many ankles SGA broke in this tournament alone, regular EL guy like Spanoulis, he simply didnt have that ability, he never did that in his life, that changing super speed, lateral quickness, stop on the dime moves, Spanoulis never could create space on such level, and being 6'4 guy, his shot will always be contested otherwise. TO be a star, you need to be able to create your own shot! You simply do understand the level difference between NBA stars and European stars, the speed, the athleticism is just on another level. We had MLS fans who said Donovan is better than 95% of Premier league guys, you doing same thing, you are simply clueless.

Are you a comedian, what does it matter he recorded high vertical if he refuses to dunk lol, guy has always been below the rim guy who would be block magnet in the NBA, plain and simple. He had very good handle at Euroleague level, so they were unable to trap him, he was very smart at that level, so he was the right guy to have the ball and opperate offense, and he was super clutch, hense he build great legacy at the level he played.

Recently you also posted how Papagiannis had 40+ vertical jump. ANother great proof that you either lying or that it means nothing, 7'2 guy with 40 inch vertical, and guess what, he is a complete stiff who barely ever dunks...

Talent doesnt translate linearly. Just because guy was better in one level, does not mean he will be better at another level. Luka Garza was much better college player than ANthony Davis, but you do not take Garza before Davis, thats why scouting exist. Yes, SOME worse Euroleague players than Spanoulis became NBA material players, but to begin with, they all were role guys, and they all had role guy abilities. Like Kleber, Ingles, Theis. Firstly, they all played defense and they knew how to be role guys to begin with. Spanoulis was ''T-Mac'' in Coby Whites body, yes, he was smart enough to probably find his NBA role, but he never proved that and NO ONE was actually shocked he didnt make it EXCEPT you.

Not one player on 2006 or 2008 USA teams could guard Spanoulis. He blew past every single one of them, and they tried player after player. He blew by them all with absolute ease. You have never seen Spanoulis play a game if you believe any of this.

So why was he NBA bust then? I mean he was not like Dejan Bodiroga real European basketball legend who didn't want to go to the NBA. Spanoulis went to the NBA but runned away quickly. If he had all this what was he missing - toughness, balls?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1650 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:06 pm

Buckets22 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Buckets22 wrote:I'm pretty sure he can still ride horses, but not race them competitively.

I should've just shared this video

I do understand horses are very strong :lol: I grew up with eastern european granparents in a country. We didn't own horse, cause owning horse was like owning Lambo in there, but we rented horse from neibours all the time. I know horse can carry very heavy stuff, just typing non sense since WC is over, I could just get drunk, but I dont like alcohol, so I just wasting away in other ways :lol:
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,085

Post#1651 » by LuDux1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:08 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

So why was he NBA bust then? I mean he was not like Dejan Bodiroga real European basketball legend who didn't want to go to the NBA. Spanoulis went to the NBA but runned away quickly. If he had all this what was he missing - toughness, balls?

That might explain his vertical
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1652 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:09 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:

So did Carlos Arroyo, great sample size. On the other hand 10 seasons in the NBA being end of the bench guy, all the NBA coaches hated Puerto Ricans I bet.
And this is where I end. Talking with you about SPanoulis is like trying to convince Pope, Christianity is non sense...
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,789

Post#1653 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:12 pm

That was an awesome WC, I really enjoyed it. A lot of the enjoyment came from the participation in this thread. Thanks all, that was fun
:rockon:
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Post#1654 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:13 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

If he had no balls he actually could have been the WNBA MVP. Could have been Jordan for that league. Wasted opportunity.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#1655 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:14 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

So did Carlos Arroyo, great sample size. On the other hand 10 seasons in the NBA being end of the bench guy, all the NBA coaches hated Puerto Ricans I bet.
And this is where I end. Talking with you about SPanoulis is like trying to convince Pope, Christianity is non sense...

You know for a moment I tough Mirotic12 is Vasillis Spanoulis posting here trying to overcome his mental problems due to failure in the NBA. Like KD on twitter
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#1656 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:16 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

If he had no balls he actually could have been the WNBA MVP. Could have been Jordan for that league. Wasted opportunity.

UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1657 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:19 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:You know for a moment I tough Mirotic12 is Vasillis Spanoulis posting here trying to overcome his mental problems due to failure in the NBA. Like KD on twitter

I am not joking, I actually thought that, so I tried to look up if hes ever posted at a time SPanoulis was playing :D He did, so they are not the same person, maybe its his dad or smth? I am Euroleague fan, I appreaciate Spanoulis as well, but I also see limitations, but with that man, the delusion is ridiculous.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,688

Post#1658 » by og15 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:23 pm

How does Spanoulis always sneak into any international related basketball discussion?
Buckets22
Sixth Man

Post#1659 » by Buckets22 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:23 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:You know for a moment I tough Mirotic12 is Vasillis Spanoulis posting here trying to overcome his mental problems due to failure in the NBA. Like KD on twitter

Spanoulis naming himself Mirotic12 on realgm would be big brain move. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BelgradeNugget
Veteran

Post#1660 » by BelgradeNugget » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:24 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

I am not joking, I actually thought that, so I tried to look up if hes ever posted at a time SPanoulis was playing :D He did, so they are not the same person, maybe its his dad or smth? I am Euroleague fan, I appreaciate Spanoulis as well, but I also see limitations, but with that man, the delusion is ridiculous.

Brother??? :D
I'm so sorry I have to sh*t on Spanoulis (respect for him) but if this is the only way to get this man off of this forum, he left us no choice. I mean enough is enough. Some people can be annoying but there are limits, we must protect this forum so we can procede with good conversation.

Return to International Basketball