Re: Euroleague discussion thread 

Post#141 » by Mirotic12 » Tue May 2, 2017 8:55 pm

Final Four time............

Real Madrid against Fenerbahce

in one semifinal

and

CSKA Moscow against Olympiacos

in the other semifinal

It's too bad that Fenercahce plays the Final Four at home. I never liked the Final Four, when one of the teams is playing at home. It totally wrecks the essence of how a Final Four is supposed to be.
Iheartfootball
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Euroleague discussion thread 

Post#142 » by Iheartfootball » Fri May 5, 2017 3:36 am

I'm sorry. Don't know where else to put this. Bucks fan so Giannis so Greek fan.

I need to start following Euroleague. Where do I start? Which Greek team should I follow?

Cheers!

Mods please relocate if this is in the wrong spot.
"Oh, you're Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So -- look at you."
UcanUwill
General Manager
And1: 3,892

Post#143 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 5, 2017 12:20 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:I'm sorry. Don't know where else to put this. Bucks fan so Giannis so Greek fan.

I need to start following Euroleague. Where do I start? Which Greek team should I follow?

Cheers!

Well, Olympiacos is playing in Euroleague final 4, so its a good excuse to jump in. Altho Olympiacos doesnt really play NBA-esque pretty basketball, team is athletic to the point, but is very defensive minded. Personally I love low scoring games, It feels like every point is so much more important, but I know a lot of NBA fans hate that, and often make fun of Euro hoops for its low scoring games.

Beside Olympiacos, there is its bitter rival Panathinakios. These two are the biggest rivals there is in sports. Panathinaikos is a very watchable team, I think they were the most athletic club in Europe this season.

Both of these teams play in the Euroleague and have rich history, Cant go wrong either way, it could come down to what color you like more, green or red?
Mirotic12
Bench Warmer
And1: 438

Post#144 » by Mirotic12 » Fri May 5, 2017 9:36 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:I'm sorry. Don't know where else to put this. Bucks fan so Giannis so Greek fan.

Cheers!

The Antetokounmpo family are all huge Olympiacos fans. They are big fans of Olympiacos football (soccer) and basketball clubs.

So if you are an Antetokounmpo fan, Olympiacos should be your EuroLeague team.
UcanUwill
General Manager
And1: 3,892

Post#145 » by UcanUwill » Sat May 6, 2017 8:00 am

Mirotic12 wrote:

Cheers!

The Antetokounmpo family are all huge Olympiacos fans. They are big fans of Olympiacos football (soccer) and basketball clubs.

I thought Giannis was huge Diamantidis fan tho. SO its kinda surprising he is OLy fan, not Pao.
Mirotic12
Bench Warmer

Post#146 » by Mirotic12 » Sat May 6, 2017 9:26 am

UcanUwill wrote:I thought Giannis was huge Diamantidis fan tho. SO its kinda surprising he is OLy fan, not Pao.

Panathinaikos propaganda. The guy that owns Panathinaikos basketball club (and also owns basically the whole sports club, except the football team) also owns almost all of the sports media companies in Greece. I think they say something like 60% of all sports journalists in Greece are his employees.

In reality, Giannis said Diamantidis was one of the players he respected the most and looked up to. He never said anything about him being his idol or hero. That was just the typical nonsense that Panathinaikos media writes. Which they can, since the club owns most of the sports media. It's a really strange way they allow that in Greece. Can you imagine if like ESPN was allowed to own sports teams in USA?
yannisk
Rookie
And1: 375

Post#147 » by yannisk » Sat May 6, 2017 12:15 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:

Cheers!

I thought Giannis was huge Diamantidis fan tho. SO its kinda surprising he is OLy fan, not Pao.

Well Giannis is a basketball player so it is normal to appreciate good players like Diamantidis, but he was an Olympiakos fan

In the photo above he is wearing the Olympiakos jersey in the team's soccer stadium
Mirotic12
Bench Warmer

Post#148 » by Mirotic12 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 am

2017 EuroLeague Final Four starts today...

Return to International Basketball