Whos the best Center in Europe right now?

Moderator: THE J0KER

naumoski
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Whos the best Center in Europe right now? 

Post#21 » by naumoski » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Exactly my point, a player with his skillset should not be the third option and stand around on the perimeter and shoot 3pters.

Yes, Barcelona should change the way they play.

As a Real Madrid fan I support your statment.

With a little of luck the won't repeat as Euroleague Champ. :tooth
droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#22 » by droponov » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Hard to say. Too many guys of a similar level. Really depends on the skill-set one needs more.

If I needed to pick one to start a team, it'd be Valanciunas (even more if it was a NBA team). To play a game tomorrow, Erazem Lorbek.
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#23 » by brassviews » Thu Mar 3, 2011 4:27 pm

Tomic (1a) and Lorbek (1b)
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#24 » by boogie-reke » Sat Mar 5, 2011 9:33 am

Tomic is amazing.

His offensive game downlow is fantastic already.. he can hit that midrange jumper too.

On defence if he adds a few pounds and get stronger he would be a great player in the NBA.. I see him as more of a PF though, not really a center - atleast in the NBA that is.
kuhane gace
Sophomore

Post#25 » by kuhane gace » Sun Mar 6, 2011 1:20 pm

boogie-reke wrote:Tomic is amazing.

His offensive game downlow is fantastic already.. he can hit that midrange jumper too.

On defence if he adds a few pounds and get stronger he would be a great player in the NBA.. I see him as more of a PF though, not really a center - atleast in the NBA that is.

he can hit 3pointers to, he was doing that as junior but he is smart unlike most of bigs with his atributes and realizes 7-2 player shouldn't jack 3ees. he was ill 4 times this season and lost 15-20 pounds, but is geting back slowley as season goes. still he needs to become much tougher if he wannts to become a player as he can be with his talent. to bad his body and frame is so thin
kuhane gace
Sophomore

Post#26 » by kuhane gace » Sun Mar 6, 2011 1:26 pm

LookingAround wrote:Big Sofo is not even in the list?

I really like Lorbek, but it's hard to say that he is the best because he plays as a part of a long rotation an his roll is not that big.I was really effected by attending the Eurobasket 2009, were if you ask me, he was the best player in the tournament, and if not making some stupid fouls at the semi (or Teodosic) would bring the most unlucky team with injuries during a short-period tournament ever to the final.

But the same goes to Vasques for example. He is not my type, but I don't agree that he is bad offensive player, not since he improved his mid-range shot.
I mean, look at what Trias is doing this year, and he was 12 player at Barca, that almost didn't play.

no mather his role in barca he is for me best PF in euroleague at the moment. barca has it's system where he is used mostley to spred oponents defense and on high post. his true value was seen in csk and especially in slovenian NT. that guy has evrey move in his arsenal big guy can have
TAUfan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#27 » by TAUfan » Sun Mar 6, 2011 11:19 pm

barac is one of the most dominants centers in europe right now, he's improving a lot, top center in europe.
karolis1221
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#28 » by karolis1221 » Mon Mar 7, 2011 10:19 am

TAUfan wrote:barac is one of the most dominants centers in europe right now, he's improving a lot, top center in europe.

He have decent jumpshot some not bad post moves,but his rebounding for 2.16 is weak :) he in my top3 for sure. Big sopho is nr1
TAUfan
Freshman

Post#29 » by TAUfan » Mon Mar 7, 2011 3:49 pm

karolis1221 wrote:
TAUfan wrote:barac is one of the most dominants centers in europe right now, he's improving a lot, top center in europe.

He have decent jumpshot some not bad post moves,but his rebounding for 2.16 is weak :) he in my top3 for sure. Big sopho is nr1

in my opinion is a good rebounder, maybe the stats in the euroleague are not the best example.... but in ACB his stats are 7 rebounds in 24 minutes. he have good pass ability, he's very quick for a 2.17.... and improve a lot in defense (he hasn't the respect of the referees), and with his 2.17 intimidate a lot ( I remember against big sofo in the first game of the year a very good defense)

against the best team in europe, against barcelona played amazing games this year, and barcelona have very good inside players. his stats in this 3 games (1-2 for barça):

15 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 blocks, 26 ranking in 34 minutes in the baskonia's win in regular season.

15 points, 8 rebounds, 16 ranking in 25 minutes in spanish cup.

20 points, 13 rebounds (5 offensive), 22 assists, 2 blocks, 30 ranking in 30 minutes the last game two weeks ago.
karolis1221
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#30 » by karolis1221 » Mon Mar 7, 2011 4:30 pm

TAUfan wrote:
karolis1221 wrote:

in my opinion is a good rebounder, maybe the stats in the euroleague are not the best example.... but in ACB his stats are 7 rebounds in 24 minutes. he have good pass ability, he's very quick for a 2.17.... and improve a lot in defense (he hasn't the respect of the referees), and with his 2.17 intimidate a lot ( I remember against big sofo in the first game of the year a very good defense)

against the best team in europe, against barcelona played amazing games this year, and barcelona have very good inside players. his stats in this 3 games (1-2 for barça):

15 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 blocks, 26 ranking in 34 minutes in the baskonia's win in regular season.

15 points, 8 rebounds, 16 ranking in 25 minutes in spanish cup.

20 points, 13 rebounds (5 offensive), 22 assists, 2 blocks, 30 ranking in 30 minutes the last game two weeks ago.

22assists? i guess its 2 :) looks impressive stats,however i seen him playing only 2 full games in euroleague i rea that nba scouts have eye on him.
kuhane gace
Sophomore

Post#31 » by kuhane gace » Tue Mar 8, 2011 9:47 am

barac bigest problem is his defense on pick, he is slow and reads plays prety bad so his positionig isn't best while he can't pop out on pick. rebounding is ok, but lacks of toughnes in his body and explosivnes in jumping to dominate on glass. but he is ok one on one defender, good shoot blocker and can close paint ok

on ofense he brings a lot to caja. he is good shooter, roles good on pick, can pass ball from each position and most important sets good screans wich makes caja very efective on their main wepon pick and hurtas and san emiterio one on one game. in low post he has soft toch around glass and few post moves, but isn't most cordinated and fast big man or isn't strong a nuff to use post moves or his touch. this is area where he has bigest room to impruve. must get stronger and tougher so he could establish better position down low so he could use his soft hands

all in all he developed into very good big man, raised his cofidence wich was his bigest problem since his days in Siroki and become top 10 at his position, but isn't top big man in europe. I would say this season old man Rasho takes title for best big man
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#32 » by CableKC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Was poking around this forum and read about many of your comments about Barac and Lorbek.

I'm hoping that most of you are referring to Stanko Barac and Erazem Lorbek....as both were drafted by the Pacers.

If so, given the Pacers frontcourt needs this offseason.....I'm hoping that Bird and Company makes an attempt to bring one of them over to help give the Team some depth.

Since many of you have paid far more attention then I have....how are both on the offensive and ( most notably ) the Defensive end?

Do either of them look to be good enough to be a backup Center?

Can either of them play some backup PF minutes as well?

Thanks for the discussion....these 2 Players were drafted a long time ago from the Pacers in the 2nd round and were pretty much written off as forgotten Players that would never set foot on the NBA Court as a Pacer. I'm hoping the opposite in the offseason given the Pacers frontcourt needs.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
Solid
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#33 » by Solid » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm doing the same KC.
Sounds like either would be a good BU 5 with Stanko having some Po left and Lorbek maybe a nice compliment at the 4 with Tyler H as well.
I'd like to see either or both at camp this summer.
What's the chance we can buy (or they opt out) of Euro contracts?
...then I remember that all world beating point that came over here and bombed. Saras wasn't it?
It's a different "world" over here I guess.
kuhane gace
Sophomore

Post#34 » by kuhane gace » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 pm

bouth lorbek and barac would have problems in defense, but bouth have place in nba. lorbek would be more of pf and i see him maybe even being average decent starter. if he had more athletic abilitys i'm sure he would be a star player

i don't kow lorbek plans, but i'm sure barac won't go to nba next season. he recentley resingd

you can check his highlights vs nba teams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O4LyXGdKrI
LookingAround
Senior

Post#35 » by LookingAround » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:07 pm

EuroFan
Freshman

Post#36 » by EuroFan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 am

Mike Batiste

Return to International Basketball