Milovan Rakovic and Fran Vasquez

Moderator: THE J0KER

SEBAS-07
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Milovan Rakovic and Fran Vasquez 

Post#1 » by SEBAS-07 » Mon Mar 7, 2011 9:54 pm

Magic fan here, after the trade the Magic is lacking some big men.Looking in our draft rights we own these players rights and I have some question about them.

Milovan Rakovic I dont know much about him can someone offer me some insight of his game,can he be at least a solid backup?

Fran Vasquez has haunted the team for years, next year he is a free agent.I have never watched him playing do you think he can become a starting Power Forward in the Magic?

Can they play in the NBA?
Smart / Micic / D. Wright
Wiggins / Exum / J. Adams
Parker / K. Anderson / Mcdermott
Randle / Vonleh / Stokes
Embiid / Nurkic/ Tavares
karolis1221
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Re: Milovan Rakovic and Fran Vasquez 

Post#2 » by karolis1221 » Tue Mar 8, 2011 11:52 am

SEBAS-07 wrote:Magic fan here, after the trade the Magic is lacking some big men.Looking in our draft rights we own these players rights and I have some question about them.

Milovan Rakovic I dont know much about him can someone offer me some insight of his game,can he be at least a solid backup?

Fran Vasquez has haunted the team for years, next year he is a free agent.I have never watched him playing do you think he can become a starting Power Forward in the Magic?

In my opinion vasquez can become a very good role player in nba,he plays good pick n roll and is though guy.
kuhane gace
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by kuhane gace » Tue Mar 8, 2011 12:37 pm

SEBAS-07 wrote:Magic fan here, after the trade the Magic is lacking some big men.Looking in our draft rights we own these players rights and I have some question about them.

rakovic is strong, tough player with good mobilty and corect athletic abilitys. very good on defense. his ofense is bit limited, depends mostley on his positioning. he could serve as backup center

fran is more athletic player with great mobility and speed, has great timeing for blocks. lacks some strenght togh. on ofens he mostley lives on picks, but has few specials in post. has developed midrange jumper and he is corect passer. not a star but has his place in NBA and could serve magic for some roles on bouth big man positions
sergiio_88
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#4 » by sergiio_88 » Tue Mar 8, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm my opinion, Fran Vazquez could be a good NBA player.
In many teams, he could be a starter.

And I think next year he will play in NBA.

Rakovic, in my opinion, hasn't got enough level to play in NBA.
droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#5 » by droponov » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Rakovic has blossomed as a quality player at the European level in the last couple of seasons, an elite role-player, but he's still very limited in his game. He's fairly big and athletic in Europe but not so much for the NBA. Good motor and hard-nosed player, good understanding of his limitations, but nothing that would make him more than a deep reserve in the NBA, a 5th/6th big.

I don't like the idea of Fran Vasquez starting at the 4 next to Howard. Vasquez can hit a set midrange jump-shot from 10ft, but that's all. I think it'd be easy for the other teams to clog the middle. Orlando's perimeter players already struggle to penetrate with a spaced floor, let alone in those conditions. I think Vasquez is better suited to the role of backup that can play some minutes at the 4 paired with Howard - but I don't see it working as the primary line-up. Vasquez can play in the NBA and it'll be his first option next Summer.

Return to International Basketball