Male player's drug test shows he is pregnant, suspended by FIBA for fraud

Moderator: THE J0KER

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,218

Male player's drug test shows he is pregnant, suspended by FIBA for fraud 

Post#1 » by bisme37 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 7:40 pm

Report: D.J. Cooper suspended by FIBA for faking drug test that revealed he was pregnant

D.J. Cooper stepped away from AS Monaco late in 2018 for “family reasons,” though he attempted to join the Bosnian national team as a naturalized player later that year.

The former Ohio University standout never made it, however, and was instead handed a two-year suspension from FIBA for failing a drug test. But it wasn’t performance enhancing drugs, recreational drugs or any of the other usual suspects that thwarted Cooper.

His drug test, according to Eurohoops.net, revealed that he was pregnant.

The test on the urine that Cooper provided revealed the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG, which is a hormone made by the placenta during pregnancy. That urine, per the report, actually belonged to his girlfriend — who likely didn’t know she was pregnant at the time.

So, FIBA suspended Cooper for fraud. He’s eligible to return on June 20, 2020.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fiba-dj-cooper-drug-test-europe-failed-suspension-pregnancy-ohio-035012581.html
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Re: Male player's drug test shows he is pregnant, suspended by FIBA for fraud 

Post#2 » by BigRedDog » Mon Aug 5, 2019 7:06 am

I don't see how they can be so sure it was his girlfriend. Any number of pregnant women could have supplied him with the tainted urine. I'm sorry but FIBA doesn't have enough credibility in my book for me to just take what they're saying at face value and until we get some answers I hope he appeals his suspension and wins.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,218

Post#3 » by bisme37 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 4:28 pm

BigRedDog wrote:I don't see how they can be so sure it was his girlfriend. Any number of pregnant women could have supplied him with the tainted urine. I'm sorry but FIBA doesn't have enough credibility in my book for me to just take what they're saying at face value and until we get some answers I hope he appeals his suspension and wins.

Well but even if it wasn't his GF's pee, it obviously wasn't his pee. He's not really pregnant.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#4 » by BigRedDog » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:41 am

bisme37 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:I don't see how they can be so sure it was his girlfriend. Any number of pregnant women could have supplied him with the tainted urine. I'm sorry but FIBA doesn't have enough credibility in my book for me to just take what they're saying at face value and until we get some answers I hope he appeals his suspension and wins.

Well but even if it wasn't his GF's pee, it obviously wasn't his pee. He's not really pregnant.

Right, but the article seems to imply that it was definitely his gf's urine which I'm not sure how they could be so sure. Also, we have to question if it was "just a drug test" why would they even be testing to see if he was pregnant? LLike how does he know they weren't running a while human genome test on him now? Did he submit to pregnancy testing? The whole thing seems a little fishy and there could be foul play at foot here.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,135

Post#5 » by Edrees » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:30 pm

I though this was gonna about a FTM that pretended to be a genetically born man to qualify for men's basketball
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#6 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:05 pm

if you ever, as a male, turn positive on a pregnancy test go straight to a doctor. it could be prostatic cancer.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk
Слава Украине!

Return to International Basketball