EUROLEAGUE 2020-21 season

Moderator: THE J0KER

Charm
Junior
And1: 256

Re: EUROLEAGUE 2020-21 season 

Post#81 » by Charm » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:36 pm

To people who watched more of Euroleague and Efes in particular, how did Garuba compare to other perimeter defenders they faced? Where would you rank Efes among the all-time best offensive teams in Europe?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 17,624

Post#82 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:55 pm

Charm wrote:To people who watched more of Euroleague and Efes in particular, how did Garuba compare to other perimeter defenders they faced? Where would you rank Efes among the all-time best offensive teams in Europe?

I knew Garuba was a very good defender, but I was surprised that when switched on Larkin, Larkin wouldn't even try ISO on Garuba, he would just pass the ball out, Garuba's defense is legit, no one even tried to play him one on one. I don't think Efes' offense is all time great, they had 2 dominant guards, very clutch veteran in Simon and great defenisve bigs Dunston and Singleton, team was just put together at genius fashion, they werent the most dominant offense or most dominant defense, but they had individuals who when it mattered, was there for both ends, they won it despite subpar coaching in my opinion.
Charm
Junior
And1: 256

Post#83 » by Charm » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:13 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Charm wrote:To people who watched more of Euroleague and Efes in particular, how did Garuba compare to other perimeter defenders they faced? Where would you rank Efes among the all-time best offensive teams in Europe?

I knew Garuba was a very good defender, but I was surprised that when switched on Larkin, Larkin wouldn't even try ISO on Garuba, he would just pass the ball out, Garuba's defense is legit, no one even tried to play him one on one. I don't think Efes' offense is all time great, they had 2 dominant guards, very clutch veteran in Simon and great defenisve bigs Dunston and Singleton, team was just put together at genius fashion, they werent the most dominant offense or most dominant defense, but they had individuals who when it mattered, was there for both ends, they won it despite subpar coaching in my opinion.

All-time best offense thing may've been a knee-jerk reaction to how they obliterated Fenerbahce in game 1 of the Turkish finals. Still, Garuba's ability to throw a wrench in it was really impressive to me. I think he'll surprise people with his immediate defensive impact in the NBA next year.

Also feeling less concerned about Sengun's struggles against them. Scouts will scrutinize that film, but they may not realize what an unstoppable 2-way force Efes is in Europe (let alone compared to any team the NCAA prospects faced).
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#84 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm

watching ACB, Vincent Poirier is still great after sitting 2 years on NBA bench, I guess when you cant shoot or switch, you will not play in the NBA at all, but in Europe dude is a force.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#85 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:29 pm

I will offer my list of biggest and most intriguing Euroleague transfers :

1. Mike James - Monaco
2. Alexey Shved - CSKA
3. OJ Mayo - Unics
4. Victor Wembanyama - Asvel
5. Shabazz Napier - Zenit
6. Marius Grigonis - CSKA
7. Thomas Walkup - Olympiacos
8. Thomas Heurtel - Real
9. Mario Hezonja - Unics
10. Moustapha Fall - Olympiacos
11. Adam Hanga - Real
12. Emmanuel Mudiay - Zalgiris
13. Derrick Williams - Maccabi
14. Donatas Motiejunas - Monaco
15. Sertac Sanli - Barcelona
16. Guerschon Yabusele - Real
17. Nikolo Melli - EA7
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#86 » by UcanUwill » Thu Oct 7, 2021 5:07 pm

Emmanuel Mudiay is a flop signing, thats first impressions.

Return to International Basketball