EUROLEAGUE 2020-21 season

Moderator: THE J0KER

Mirotic12
Analyst
And1: 1,253

Re: EUROLEAGUE 2020-21 season 

Post#21 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:21 pm

I was thinking that Sloukas was playing better lately, and then I saw a stat that Olympiacos has the lowest plus minus of any team in EuroLeague, when he is on the floor..............

I knew he was playing bad, but not that bad. He's really skilled and smart, but he's been an enormous bust so far.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 13,972

Post#22 » by UcanUwill » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm

I just now realized Mike Batiste is assistant coach of Orlando Magic, and hes been assistant in the NBA since 2017.
Mirotic12
Analyst

Post#23 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:06 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I just now realized Mike Batiste is assistant coach of Orlando Magic, and hes been assistant in the NBA since 2017.

Maybe Panathinaikos should hire him. Their experiment with Vovoras is not working at all. I doubt Batiste could do any worse.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#24 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Derrick Williams compared Zelko Obradovic's BBIQ to LeBron James

“He is an excellent coach”, Williams said. “He knows everything about basketball, he’s probably the smartest person I’ve ever met. There are only two people who for me are at that level of knowing everything about the game: LeBron James and Zeljko Obradovic. They know everything about the other team, they know everything. about all the players on our team. Having a coach like that makes you want to work a lot harder, so I give him a lot of credit. I wasn’t used to having that kind of start that we had (last season with Fenerbahce), but that made us want to work a lot harder for him, to make him smile and really enjoy himself”, adds Williams, who won the Turkish Cup in 2020 under the guidance of Obradovic.
Mirotic12
Analyst

Post#25 » by Mirotic12 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:59 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Derrick Williams compared Zelko Obradovic's BBIQ to LeBron James

“He is an excellent coach”, Williams said. “He knows everything about basketball, he’s probably the smartest person I’ve ever met. There are only two people who for me are at that level of knowing everything about the game: LeBron James and Zeljko Obradovic. They know everything about the other team, they know everything. about all the players on our team. Having a coach like that makes you want to work a lot harder, so I give him a lot of credit. I wasn’t used to having that kind of start that we had (last season with Fenerbahce), but that made us want to work a lot harder for him, to make him smile and really enjoy himself”, adds Williams, who won the Turkish Cup in 2020 under the guidance of Obradovic.

Is it really a compliment to compare a very long time head coach's basketball knowledge tot hat of a player? No matter what player? Kind of seems like a diss.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#26 » by UcanUwill » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Is it really a compliment to compare a very long time head coach's basketball knowledge tot hat of a player? No matter what player? Kind of seems like a diss.

I dont think so in this case, cause LeBron is basketball memory bank, he knows everything about ever single coach and he remembers every play. Listen to Iman Shumperts interview on LeBron, LeBrons basketball knowledge is freaky.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#27 » by UcanUwill » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Euroleague sideline reporters ARE SO BAD, but Zenit one has to be the worst, cant speak any English, cant understand what is he trying to say and neither did he himself.
Mirotic12
Analyst

Post#28 » by Mirotic12 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:58 pm

That's literally - literally, the 5th game this season that Sloukas lost by himself for Olympiacos in just the last 5 seconds of the game, twice already against Zalgiris. He is such a choker. That combined with his awful defense........I used to really like Sloukas, but he's become the biggest fool's gold player I've ever seen in EuroLeague. No wonder Fener was so desperate to get rid of him.

And Bartzokas is just making it worse, as he insists on starting the game with Sloukas and Charles Jenkins together in the back court. They are both so damn awful on defense. The other team is always getting it rolling on offense, especially the guards because of that. It's so odd that the coach keeps using them together, when they are both so horrific on defense.

I can't even imagine how bad Sloukas would get killed on social media if he was choking away so many games, in such a horrible manner in the NBA. I've honestly never seen anything like it. Three of the chokes are among the all time worst I've ever seen, and losing the ball to Walkup was one of the worst chokes ever in EuroLeague.

I can't believe they gave Sloukas €5.5 million euros net income.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#29 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:55 pm

I was about to write that Spanoulis is still best closer in the league easily, but Sloukas made it all for not. In Sloukas defense, Walkup is probably the best defender at PG position in Euroleague.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,519

Post#30 » by JohnWillow » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Not about Euroleague, but Kyle Allman JR who is playing for VEF Riga in Champions League will be in the NBA in the next two years!

Such a great player wow.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.

Return to International Basketball