Nicolas Batum

Moderator: THE J0KER

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Nicolas Batum 

Post#1 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:09 am

For those that have seen him play, who does he remind you of? First of all, is he having a good year? He seems to be lost in the shuffle w/ all the hype going towards Danilo Gallinari and rightfully so. I have heard a lot more about Gallinari this year than I have about Batum. Both are considered to be the top European prospects in this upcoming draft. Personally, I am very intrigued by Batum. Just seeing the success of guys like Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Ronny Turiaf in the NBA really makes me interested in Batum. Not only that, but the way those guys that I mentioned above play...the playing styles of T. Parker and B. Diaw are so unique, I see the same uniqueness in Batum's game. I saw a clip of him being interviewed, and he said he patterns his game after Scottie Pippen. He does appear to have the athleticism and skills of a Pippen. I constantly hear the Rudy Gay comp., is that legit? Anyways, Batum is a pretty intriging prospect.
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Re: Nicolas Batum 

Post#2 » by Toxicity » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:For those that have seen him play, who does he remind you of? First of all, is he having a good year? He seems to be lost in the shuffle w/ all the hype going towards Danilo Gallinari and rightfully so. I have heard a lot more about Gallinari this year than I have about Batum. Both are considered to be the top European prospects in this upcoming draft. Personally, I am very intrigued by Batum. Just seeing the success of guys like Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Ronny Turiaf in the NBA really makes me interested in Batum. Not only that, but the way those guys that I mentioned above play...the playing styles of T. Parker and B. Diaw are so unique, I see the same uniqueness in Batum's game. I saw a clip of him being interviewed, and he said he patterns his game after Scottie Pippen. He does appear to have the athleticism and skills of a Pippen. I constantly hear the Rudy Gay comp., is that legit? Anyways, Batum is a pretty intriging prospect.

There will be the "Gallinari Vs Batum - Part II" on thursday for the last 1st phase game of the Euroleague (both Armani Milano and Le Mans are out of the Top 16 so the game is virtually meaningless)... after that game i'll tell you something more about Nicolaus.

From their previous challenge in Le Mans it's evident Batum is more of a project (a wonderful one) with many ups and downs while Gallinari, although not a finished product yet, is already a baller at highest level producing constantly for his team...
xtf_no4
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by xtf_no4 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:00 pm

Batum is struggling somehow this season, in the Euroleague. He was expected to become the leader of the Le Mans team, but he could not live up to the expectations as he was a lot of times to passive to take over a leadership role.

However, in the French league, he has already reached the status of the team leader.

Comparing him to Scottie Pippen is interesting. He has the same all around skills of the former Bull. For the moment, it also looks like that Batum will not become a team leader, somebody that raises the voice or tell his teammates what to do.

But for the moment Gallinari looks like the more ready prospect.
www.europeanprospects.com
Find out more about the NBA prospects in Europe
aussiebulls1
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by aussiebulls1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4yjt12Gl4&feature=autoplay&list=PL680641BD18C2BC9A&index=3&playnext=2[/youtube]
yowyOw wrote:If you asked me of the two, who would I take in my team first; I'd say Westbrook.

- when comparing westbrook to durant.... 0.o, not sure if serious.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#5 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 pm

jordy2rox wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4yjt12Gl4&feature=autoplay&list=PL680641BD18C2BC9A&index=3&playnext=2[/youtube]

could you be more random

Return to International Basketball