David Andersen

Moderator: THE J0KER

KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: David Andersen 

Post#21 » by KWSN-Men » Mon May 4, 2009 7:31 pm

Andersen looks like a legit 7 feet to me and he is very highly skilled and even decent with athleticism. The problem with him is he just seems too soft to me. But he is also a clutch player. He always seems to show up in big games. If I had to pick a team for him I would say Houston where he could play PF and spread the floor for Yao Ming or maybe the Spurs with Duncan or the Magic with Howard. I think he could fit with the Hawks as a PF. He is not someone that the NBA should be thinking of as a C.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 503

Post#22 » by raleigh » Mon May 4, 2009 7:42 pm

I was thinking of the Rockets, too.

Would his trade value be anything of consequence to the Hawks, though? They certainly don't need any more youth.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#23 » by KWSN-Men » Mon May 4, 2009 8:30 pm

mrhonline wrote:I was thinking of the Rockets, too.

Would his trade value be anything of consequence to the Hawks, though? They certainly don't need any more youth.

I am sure he has trade value. He has been one of the better big men in the Euroleague for awhile now.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,224

Post#24 » by Shaazzam » Mon May 4, 2009 8:36 pm

talkbasket wrote:Andersen looks like a legit 7 feet to me and he is very highly skilled and even decent with athleticism. The problem with him is he just seems too soft to me. But he is also a clutch player. He always seems to show up in big games. If I had to pick a team for him I would say Houston where he could play PF and spread the floor for Yao Ming or maybe the Spurs with Duncan or the Magic with Howard. I think he could fit with the Hawks as a PF. He is not someone that the NBA should be thinking of as a C.

I assume you mean physically soft right? Like he gets pushed around by other players?

Just curious because of the soft and clutch comments.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#25 » by KWSN-Men » Mon May 4, 2009 8:42 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
talkbasket wrote:Andersen looks like a legit 7 feet to me and he is very highly skilled and even decent with athleticism. The problem with him is he just seems too soft to me. But he is also a clutch player. He always seems to show up in big games. If I had to pick a team for him I would say Houston where he could play PF and spread the floor for Yao Ming or maybe the Spurs with Duncan or the Magic with Howard. I think he could fit with the Hawks as a PF. He is not someone that the NBA should be thinking of as a C.

I assume you mean physically soft right? Like he gets pushed around by other players?

Just curious because of the soft and clutch comments.

I mean soft in that he is a legit big with skills, shooting range, some decent athletic ability, and even has post moves but he will play 15-25 feet away from the basket most of the time if he can. He will go for rebounds but if you bang with him he does not like it. He can post up but doesn't like being bodied that much. If you put a real physical defender on him like maybe a big athletic wing he doesn't like it. But he seems to always play his best in big games.

He's sort of like a combo of a poor man's Dirk and a poor man's Pau Gasol if you will. But don't get me wrong, he would certainly be able to play in the NBA and for the right team, let's say Houston playing next to Yao, or Orlando playing next to Howard, he could be quite a weapon.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Joana » Mon May 4, 2009 9:37 pm

Andersen is even softer than Gasol and a bellow average defender and rebounder. I'm not sure if he's worth his current salary (pretty high) for every NBA team. Only for someone who's looking for a shooting big man.
toyguc
Senior
And1: 11

Post#27 » by toyguc » Tue May 5, 2009 9:02 pm

He is poor man's Mehmet Okur.
Zabriskie
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Zabriskie » Fri May 22, 2009 6:21 pm

More like a Channing Frye.
Jugoplastika89-90-91
Junior

Post#29 » by Jugoplastika89-90-91 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:02 pm

...or Dirk Nowitzki.

Look at his "Dirkish" performance here: http://acbtv.acb.com/video/1848
ImageImage
jt142
Rookie

Post#30 » by jt142 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 am

He's doing a fantastic job with the Nuggets in the playoffs. He brings a lot of energy of the bench. He's one of the best shot blockers in the league.
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#31 » by jolbin » Sun May 24, 2009 11:05 am

That is Chris Andersen, lol..
Even though they have the same surname and skin colour, their playing style is different like day and night:)
jt142
Rookie

Post#32 » by jt142 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:37 am

jolbin wrote:That is Chris Andersen, lol..
Even though they have the same surname and skin colour, their playing style is different like day and night:)

I know. It was a joke.

Return to International Basketball