Page 1 of 1

Siskausksas

Posted: Mon May 5, 2008 5:01 pm
by pad300
Draftexpress says that Ramunas Siskauskas has a contract option that allows him to leave CKSA for free (for the NBA), given that they won the Euroleague.

" Not only will he have a chance to win his second straight Euroleague title with two separate teams (a feat that

Re: Siskausksas

Posted: Mon May 5, 2008 9:00 pm
by Lakers_4_Life
pad300 wrote:Draftexpress says that Ramunas Siskauskas has a contract option that allows him to leave CKSA for free (for the NBA), given that they won the Euroleague.

" Not only will he have a chance to win his second straight Euroleague title with two separate teams (a feat that

Posted: Wed May 7, 2008 7:56 pm
by Apollo64
I think he is the best SF playing in Europe currently. Athetically, he is strong, but a bit slow for the NBA pace. He is an excellent 3-point shooter and he can create his own shot on a good day. Great team player and very good defender. He definitely has a place in the NBA, as a 3-point specialist roleplayer at least, overall he is a more rounded player than someone like Jason Kapono. It's no coincidence that he won the Euroleague back to back with two different teams. He had also a great Eurobasket tournament last year where he was the clear leader of his national team (Linus Kleiza was his backup if that says something). He would be a great fit for a good number of teams looking for an SF and can have considerable playing time even on a team gunning for the championship. All in all, he is on a shortlist of euro players that can have a serious shot in the NBA.

Right now, he has a 2 mil euros per year contract with CSKA Moscow. This is untaxed, as far as i know, so he needs to be offered well above the MLE to start considering a move overseas. Unlike for some other Euro players (say Navarro, who i think played for the minimum for Memphis and had to pay for his buyout), money seems to be a big concern for him, since he instantly left his last team Panathinaikos for a better contract offer from CSKA.

Posted: Wed May 7, 2008 8:33 pm
by Lakers_4_Life
Apollo64 wrote:I think he is the best SF playing in Europe currently. Athetically, he is strong, but a bit slow for the NBA pace. He is an excellent 3-point shooter and he can create his own shot on a good day. Great team player and very good defender. He definitely has a place in the NBA, as a 3-point specialist roleplayer at least, overall he is a more rounded player than someone like Jason Kapono. It's no coincidence that he won the Euroleague back to back with two different teams. He had also a great Eurobasket tournament last year where he was the clear leader of his national team (Linus Kleiza was his backup if that says something). He would be a great fit for a good number of teams looking for an SF and can have considerable playing time even on a team gunning for the championship. All in all, he is on a shortlist of euro players that can have a serious shot in the NBA.

Right now, he has a 2 mil euros per year contract with CSKA Moscow. This is untaxed, as far as i know, so he needs to be offered well above the MLE to start considering a move overseas. Unlike for some other Euro players (say Navarro, who i think played for the minimum for Memphis and had to pay for his buyout), money seems to be a big concern for him, since he instantly left his last team Panathinaikos for a better contract offer from CSKA.


He's also making a million euros from the PAO buyout that CSKA paid so in essence it cost 3 million euros TAX FREE to sign him. I would say he's full MLE cost for any NBA team.

Posted: Wed May 7, 2008 9:05 pm
by AdamTheGreek
I really have no clue how well he'd do in the NBA, it's a toss-up in my book.

Posted: Thu May 8, 2008 2:07 pm
by Lakers_4_Life
AdamTheGreek wrote:I really have no clue how well he'd do in the NBA, it's a toss-up in my book.


He's a SF only in NBA IMO. His game speed is an issue. He's a smart player, good ball handler, good passer, great shooter. But he's going to be slow for the NBA. The Spurs and Rockets being rumored makes sense. Backup for Manu/Bowen sort of taking maybe the Finley or Barry role or backup for Battier/T-Mac, maybe taking the role Wells had there before they traded him.

Something like designated shooter off the bench is his upside.

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:35 am
by SashAlex
He'd do well.