Aito leaves Spain bench and signs with Unicaja

Moderator: THE J0KER

senfono
Senior
And1: 11

Aito leaves Spain bench and signs with Unicaja 

Post#1 » by senfono » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

two months, a medal, and bye

26/08/2008 The Spanish basketball Federation informs that yesterday the head coach of the top men´s national basketball team, Aíto García Reneses, announced that he would be making use of a clause stipulated in his contract to dissociate himself from the organization.

Aíto declared that he feels, “Very happy with the opportunity that the president of the Spanish Basketball Federation offered me to direct this team at the Olympics", and that he made his decision mostly because he doesn´t want, “To coach for only two months out of the year. Right now I prefer to be active all season". Aíto added that he was, “Completely available to the FEB in the case of any future collaboration." The coach that directed the national team at the Olympics assured that, “It was an unforgettable experience, not only due to the results, yet also for the way I was treated and for all that was offered to the team."

The president of the FEB José Luis Sáez wanted to, “Highlight and be thankful for the professionalism and hard work carried out by Aíto García Reneses as head of the national team. We therefore hope to continue counting on him in future collaborations."

http://www.feb.es/NoticiaDesarrollo.asp ... icia=22092

Return to International Basketball