Players that would fit on the Knicks

Moderator: THE J0KER

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Players that would fit on the Knicks 

Post#1 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 am

I want to hear some opinions from this board, some of you know what you're talking about. So name some players that would do well in D'Antoni's system. This is what I posted on Knicks board few days ago, keep in mind I was only thinking of some options that I thought would be realistic - I was looking at unsigned draft picks that could be traded for cash:

Cenk Akyol: 22 years old, 6'7", mostly SG, but can play a bit of PG and SF. Pick owed by Atlanta.

Sani Becirovic: 27 years old, 6'5", PG/SG. He's having a great season with Lottomatica - Jennings' teammate, high basketball IQ, gets a ton of easy layups and dunks to big men. If Lee stays, he'd have a career high in pts playing next to him. This is a player I think would work really well here. He was regarded as one of the best prospects when he was drafted but had a pretty serious knee injury that almost forced him to retire. He recovered well, obviously, but he's not the player he could be before the injury. Don't expect much defense from him too. Pick owed by Denver.

Lior Eliyahu: 23 years old, 6'10", SF/PF. I know we have enough SF's, but he's putting up some nice numbers for Maccabi this year. He's a good enough rebounder to play some PF. Pick owed by Houston.

Yotam Halperin: 25 years old, 6'5", PG/SG. Plays for Olympiacos, teammate of Josh Childress. Skilled combo guard, quite similar to Sani Becirovic, except not as good as playmaker as Sani. Pick owed by OKC.

Joel Freeland: 22 years old, 6'11", PF/C. He's putting up big numbers for Gran Canaria in Spain. Very similar to David Lee, although I think he's more athletic. I don't know how keen Portland is on giving up on him, though. Man, Blazers are awesome when it comes to drafting.

Ersan Ilyasova: 21 years old, 6'9", SF/PF. Excellent season with Barcelona, great 3pt shooter, great rebounder. Pick owed by Milwaukee.

Erazem Lorbek: 25 years old, 6'11", PF/C. Some of you may know him, as he played for Michigan State a couple years ago. This guy would be perfect in D'Antoni's system. Good finisher, can hit the 3pt shot, good rebounder, can block a shot or two every now and then, and he improved his defense greatly under Ettore Messina this year. One of the best players in Euroleague this season. Pick owed by Indiana.

Fran Vazquez: 25 years old, 6'11", PF/C. He's a completely different player than he was last year. Incredible finisher around the basket, great rebounder, excellent shotblocker. Surprisingly athletic for a white big man. Don't know if Orlando already gave up on him, though, or if his girlfriend will let him go to NBA now.

Tadija Dragicevic: 23 years old, 6'9", PF. This guy looks a bit too skinny to play PF, but he's so crafty and experienced for his size. Very efficient, good slasher, okay 3pt shooter, average rebounder. I think he had some injury problems this season, but last year he was playing very well. Pick owed by Utah.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Re: Players that would fit on the Knicks 

Post#2 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:I want to hear some opinions from this board, some of you know what you're talking about. So name some players that would do well in D'Antoni's system. This is what I posted on Knicks board few days ago, keep in mind I was only thinking of some options that I thought would be realistic - I was looking at unsigned draft picks that could be traded for cash:

Cenk Akyol: 22 years old, 6'7", mostly SG, but can play a bit of PG and SF. Pick owed by Atlanta.

Sani Becirovic: 27 years old, 6'5", PG/SG. He's having a great season with Lottomatica - Jennings' teammate, high basketball IQ, gets a ton of easy layups and dunks to big men. If Lee stays, he'd have a career high in pts playing next to him. This is a player I think would work really well here. He was regarded as one of the best prospects when he was drafted but had a pretty serious knee injury that almost forced him to retire. He recovered well, obviously, but he's not the player he could be before the injury. Don't expect much defense from him too. Pick owed by Denver.

Lior Eliyahu: 23 years old, 6'10", SF/PF. I know we have enough SF's, but he's putting up some nice numbers for Maccabi this year. He's a good enough rebounder to play some PF. Pick owed by Houston.

Yotam Halperin: 25 years old, 6'5", PG/SG. Plays for Olympiacos, teammate of Josh Childress. Skilled combo guard, quite similar to Sani Becirovic, except not as good as playmaker as Sani. Pick owed by OKC.

Joel Freeland: 22 years old, 6'11", PF/C. He's putting up big numbers for Gran Canaria in Spain. Very similar to David Lee, although I think he's more athletic. I don't know how keen Portland is on giving up on him, though. Man, Blazers are awesome when it comes to drafting.

Ersan Ilyasova: 21 years old, 6'9", SF/PF. Excellent season with Barcelona, great 3pt shooter, great rebounder. Pick owed by Milwaukee.

Erazem Lorbek: 25 years old, 6'11", PF/C. Some of you may know him, as he played for Michigan State a couple years ago. This guy would be perfect in D'Antoni's system. Good finisher, can hit the 3pt shot, good rebounder, can block a shot or two every now and then, and he improved his defense greatly under Ettore Messina this year. One of the best players in Euroleague this season. Pick owed by Indiana.

Fran Vazquez: 25 years old, 6'11", PF/C. He's a completely different player than he was last year. Incredible finisher around the basket, great rebounder, excellent shotblocker. Surprisingly athletic for a white big man. Don't know if Orlando already gave up on him, though, or if his girlfriend will let him go to NBA now.

Tadija Dragicevic: 23 years old, 6'9", PF. This guy looks a bit too skinny to play PF, but he's so crafty and experienced for his size. Very efficient, good slasher, okay 3pt shooter, average rebounder. I think he had some injury problems this season, but last year he was playing very well. Pick owed by Utah.

McIntyre is the first guy that comes to mind.
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Regarding Ersan Ilyasova

I know the Bucks love him a lot and want to bring him back (also Ersan still has a house in Milwaukee and his wife is from Milwaukee as well), however the Bucks probably won't have the money to do so this summer unless they are able to trade away someone for some cap space.

Ersan has another year on his contract with Barcelona, but he is able to opt out and go to the NBA if he does so chose to do this summer. Any NBA team can offer Ersan an offer sheet this summer, and if he signed that offer sheet the Bucks would have the right to match it. However, just because Ersan is presented an offer sheet doesn't mean he has to sign it. Any offer he gets (if he does get any) would probably be for 3 or 4 years and $15-$20 million.

The Bucks GM was over in Spain about 2 months ago to watch Ersan play and he's going to be meeting up with Ersan in Germany during the Final 4 next weekend as well. My feeling is its either going to be the Bucks or Barcelona for Ersan next season, and that nothing else is really an option
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#4 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:03 pm

talkbasket wrote:McIntyre is the first guy that comes to mind.

We're already trying to get rid of Nate Robinson.

oshmeehan wrote:Regarding Ersan Ilyasova

I know the Bucks love him a lot and want to bring him back (also Ersan still has a house in Milwaukee and his wife is from Milwaukee as well), however the Bucks probably won't have the money to do so this summer unless they are able to trade away someone for some cap space.

Ersan has another year on his contract with Barcelona, but he is able to opt out and go to the NBA if he does so chose to do this summer. Any NBA team can offer Ersan an offer sheet this summer, and if he signed that offer sheet the Bucks would have the right to match it. However, just because Ersan is presented an offer sheet doesn't mean he has to sign it. Any offer he gets (if he does get any) would probably be for 3 or 4 years and $15-$20 million.

The Bucks GM was over in Spain about 2 months ago to watch Ersan play and he's going to be meeting up with Ersan in Germany during the Final 4 next weekend as well. My feeling is its either going to be the Bucks or Barcelona for Ersan next season, and that nothing else is really an option

Interesting. He spend one season in Milwaukee and got married? Sucker. :lol:
Yeah, all I can say to him is good luck finding a team that will offer you $5M per year, especially one season before the big FA market.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#5 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
talkbasket wrote:McIntyre is the first guy that comes to mind.

We're already trying to get rid of Nate Robinson.

oshmeehan wrote:Regarding Ersan Ilyasova

Interesting. He spend one season in Milwaukee and got married? Sucker. :lol:
Yeah, all I can say to him is good luck finding a team that will offer you $5M per year, especially one season before the big FA market.

Haha actually what I meant was 3 or 4 years at $12-$15 million. My bad
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#6 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:43 pm

McIntyre is much better than Nate Robinson is.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#7 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:22 pm

talkbasket wrote:McIntyre is much better than Nate Robinson is.

:lol:
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#8 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:

I just lost any respect I had for your basketball knowledge.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#9 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:36 pm

talkbasket wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:

I just lost any respect I had for your basketball knowledge.

Sorry, but I do have to agree that Nate is better than McIntyre is. I don't think McIntyre is capable of averaging 17 ppg (off the bench mind you) and ever finishing in 3rd place for the Sixth Man Award
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#10 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 pm

oshmeehan wrote:
Sorry, but I do have to agree that Nate is better than McIntyre is. I don't think McIntyre is capable of averaging 17 ppg (off the bench mind you) and ever finishing in 3rd place for the Sixth Man Award

Well you are wrong. As simple as that. In D'Antoni's offense McIntyre would average over 20.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#11 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Sure, McIntyre is better than Nate, which is why the better player is a career journeyman in Europe and the worse player is in the NBA.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#12 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 pm

talkbasket wrote:
oshmeehan wrote:

Well you are wrong. As simple as that. In D'Antoni's offense McIntyre would average over 20.

LMAO! You have been right about everything else thus far, but regarding Nate and McIntyre you are dead wrong. And I don't even like Nate Robinson!
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#13 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Sure, McIntyre is better than Nate, which is why the better player is a career journeyman in Europe and the worse player is in the NBA.

Yep, I knew you had no basketball IQ when you said Diamantidis was Europe's best "point guard". You only confirm it completely with this post.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#14 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:06 pm

oshmeehan wrote:
talkbasket wrote:
oshmeehan wrote:

LMAO! You have been right about everything else thus far, but regarding Nate and McIntyre you are dead wrong. And I don't even like Nate Robinson!

You do understand I am talking about in D'Antoni's system. I repeat IN D'ANTONI'S SYSTEM.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#15 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Also, do you even know how many players averaged 20 ppg in the NBA this season??? Only 20! There were 15 players that were 21 ppg or higher, only 12 players at 22+ ppg, and only 6 players that scored 23 ppg or more!

You state McIntyre would average OVER 20 ppg. So how much over are you talking? 3 more points per game so he'd be in the top 6 in the NBA in scoring?!
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#16 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:08 pm

talkbasket wrote:

You do understand I am talking about in D'Antoni's system. I repeat IN D'ANTONI'S SYSTEM.

Yes I know you are talking about D'Antoni's system. I however don't think you know you are talking about Terrell McIntyre here. You must be thinking of someone else....
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#17 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:09 pm

oshmeehan wrote:Also, do you even know how many players averaged 20 ppg in the NBA this season??? Only 20! There were 15 players that were 21 ppg or higher, only 12 players at 22+ ppg, and only 6 players that scored 23 ppg or more!

You state McIntyre would average OVER 20 ppg. So how much over are you talking? 3 more points per game so he'd be in the top 6 in the NBA in scoring?!

In that system the Knicks run if he played starter minutes, he would average somewhere between 19-22 per game. Absolutely not a doubt in my mind about it.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#18 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:11 pm

talkbasket wrote:
oshmeehan wrote:Also, do you even know how many players averaged 20 ppg in the NBA this season??? Only 20! There were 15 players that were 21 ppg or higher, only 12 players at 22+ ppg, and only 6 players that scored 23 ppg or more!

In that system the Knicks run if he played starter minutes, he would average somewhere between 19-22 per game. Absolutely not a doubt in my mind about it.

LMAO, almost every player in the NBA could average 19-22 ppg if given starter minutes. There is a reason they aren't all given starter minutes though, because they don't deserve it!

Its OK for you to like your guys, but please lets not overrate them. McIntyre wouldn't be anything more than a 12-13 ppg player, even in the Knicks system
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#19 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:13 pm

talkbasket wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Sure, McIntyre is better than Nate, which is why the better player is a career journeyman in Europe and the worse player is in the NBA.

Yep, I knew you had no basketball IQ when you said Diamantidis was Europe's best "point guard". You only confirm it completely with this post.

And I knew when I read this post of yours that reading comprehension is giving you serious problems because I never said Diamantidis was Europe's best PG.

Oh, where is Joanna when you need her? This thread needs some common sense.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#20 » by oshmeehan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:14 pm

McIntyre would put up similar numbers that Juan Carlos Navarro did in Memphis last season. 10-11 ppg and low assist numbers. All while being on a **** team that wins 25 games

Return to International Basketball